Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Please take my survey regarding drug use and the creative arts! It's for school.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.15.2008, 03:48 AM   #1
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
The aim of this questionnaire is to investigate why teenagers use drugs and also to see the creative arts (such as film, visual art and music) influences their attitudes about their decisions regarding drug use.

Location/Ethnicity:
Are you an only child? (Please circle one)
Y / N

Are you parents separated? (Please circle one)
Y / N

Do you, or have you ever used illicit drugs? (Please circle one)
Y / N

Do you or have you ever abused other, legal substances? (E.g. alcohol, medication, huffing chemicals?) (Please circle one)

Y / N

If so to either, what type of drugs were used and at what age did you start these practices?

What reasons do you/do you not have for taking drugs?

Do you believe that certain illegal drugs should be either legalised or decriminalised? If so, which ones?

Do your friends use similar drugs and/or share similar views to you? (Please circle one)
Yes No

Do you have a drug related mental condition? (Please circle one)
Yes No

Do you feel that there is a connection between the creative arts and drug culture in any way? If so, how?

Do any of the musical groups you listen to influence your decision? If so, how? And what music do you listen to?

Have the attitudes presented in films towards drugs made you think about them in a different way? If so, please circle whether it positive or negative.
Positive Negative

Do you feel that drug use is glorified in the world of creative arts? If so, please circle which aspect of the creative arts you feel glorifies drug use.
Film and Television Music Visual Art Literature Other (Please specify)

Thank you for taking this questionnaire

I talked to my teacher and he said it would be fine if I posted this on a message board. Please reply seriously. Thanks!

Old 05.15.2008, 04:29 AM   #2
debradarko
little trouble girl

debradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's asses
Gender (Please circle one): F
Location/Ethnicity: australia/caucasian (sp?)
No

no

no

Do you or have you ever abused other, legal substances? (E.g. alcohol, medication, huffing chemicals?) (Please circle one)

no

If so to either, what type of drugs were used and at what age did you start these practices?

Do you believe that certain illegal drugs should be either legalised or decriminalised? If so, which ones?
pot because it seems just as bad as alcohol and smoking so why not?

Do your friends use similar drugs and/or share similar views to you? (Please circle one)
Yes

No

Do you feel that there is a connection between the creative arts and drug culture in any way? If so, how?
perhaps, i dont know

Do any of the musical groups you listen to influence your decision? If so, how? And what music do you listen to?
no and i listen to lots

Have the attitudes presented in films towards drugs made you think about them in a different way? If so, please circle whether it positive or negative.
mm no

Do you feel that drug use is glorified in the world of creative arts? If so, please circle which aspect of the creative arts you feel glorifies drug use.
no

debradarko is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 05:55 AM   #3
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Gender (Please circle one): M
Location/Ethnicity: Australia/Caucasian
No

No

No

No

I don't because I don't feel the need to, and I know they'll probably have a negative effect.

No

I think they have similar views about drugs.

No

Yes, a lot of things like music, art etc is influenced by drug use

All my views are my own, I know many of the bands I listen to have been involved with drugs, but that doesn't make want to get involved with drugs, and my favourite musician(s) right now are Ed Kuepper and all Ed Kuepper related bands.

Not really

Sometimes it's glorified, I'd say mainly in music.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 06:02 AM   #4
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
No

No

You call yourself a Camden resident
Old 05.15.2008, 06:07 AM   #5
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
You call yourself a Camden resident
Haha, I'm not a typical member of my community. Anyway, how did Camden get such a bad reputation in Sydney? Is it because of the Muslim school that's being built here?
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 06:09 AM   #6
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
1. Age: 37
2. Gender (Please circle one): M
3. Location/Ethnicity: UK London British
4. Are you an only child? (Please circle one) N
5. Are you parents separated? (Please circle one) N
6. Do you, or have you ever used illicit drugs? (Please circle one)Y
7. Do you or have you ever abused other, legal substances? (E.g. alcohol, medication, huffing chemicals?) (Please circle one) Y Alcohol Medication
8. If so to either, what type of drugs were used and at what age did you start these practices? Lager Do-Dos, early teens
9. What reasons do you/do you not have for taking drugs? Boredom
10. Do you believe that certain illegal drugs should be either legalised or decriminalised? If so, which ones? Marijuana
11. Do your friends use similar drugs and/or share similar views to you? (Please circle one)Yes
12. Do you have a drug related mental condition? (Please circle one) N
13. Do you feel that there is a connection between the creative arts and drug culture in any way? If so, how? Y often referred to as an artists inspiration or as a way for audience to properly 'understand' certain artworks
14. Do any of the musical groups you listen to influence your decision? If so, how? And what music do you listen to? N. Most kinds
15. Have the attitudes presented in films towards drugs made you think about them in a different way? N
16. Do you feel that drug use is glorified in the world of creative arts? If so, please circle which aspect of the creative arts you feel glorifies drug use.
Film and Television Music Visual Art Literature Other (Please specify) Occasionally in all of them, see answer to Q. 13
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 06:09 AM   #7
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Gender (Please circle one): M / F male
Location/Ethnicity:white, european
Are you an only child? (Please circle one) no
/ N

/ N

Y /

Y /

weed, lsd, speed (amphetamines), cocaine, morphine, valium, codeine, alcohol, solvents.

started age 14

escape reality i suppose, fun, friends were doing it.

some yes. weed probably should be and mushrooms etc not sure about other things but i see arguments for and against.

Yes

Yes

depression and paranoia when first started.

some. i cant go into it all now, at work.

not really

Positive

none

I talked to my teacher and he said it would be fine if I posted this on a message board. Please reply seriously. Thanks!

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 06:11 AM   #8
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
practices? Lager Do-Dos, early teens

Sorry man, what do you mean by "Larger Do-Dos?".

Old 05.15.2008, 07:34 AM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=ZEROpumpkins]The aim of this questionnaire is to investigate why teenagers use drugs and also to see the creative arts (such as film, visual art and music) influences their attitudes about their decisions regarding drug use.

Gender (Please circle one): M / F
M

Location/Ethnicity:
USA/ ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT

Y / N
NO

Y / N
NO

Y / N YES

Y / N

BOOZE

If so to either, what type of drugs were used and at what age did you start these practices? CIGARETTES + ALCOHOL AGE 16, COFFEE AGE 17-18

What reasons do you/do you not have for taking drugs? I FEEL BETTER WITHOUT THEM

Do you believe that certain illegal drugs should be either legalised or decriminalised? If so, which ones? MARIJUANA, ECSTASY

Yes No

SOME DON'T USE, SOME ARE POTHEADS, SOME DRINK TOO MUCH, SOME DON'T DRINK ANYTHING, SOME SMOKE, SOME ARE ANTI SMOKE, ETC.

Yes No

PERHAPS.

Do you feel that there is a connection between the creative arts and drug culture in any way? If so, how? DRUGS CAN OPEN UP NEURAL PATHWAYS AND THUS ALLOW A TEMPORARY EXPANSION OF CONSCIOUSNESS. SUCH EXPANSION HOWEVER CANNOT BE ARTIFICIALLY SUSTAINED.

PFFFFFFFTTTTTTT. NOT NOW NOT EVER. IVE NEVER GIVEN A SHIT ABOUT WHAT A BAND "sAYS"

Positive Negative
MOTHER TURNS 100 YEARS POSITIVE, CHRISTIANE F. NEGATIVE.

TERRASTOCK, HA HA HA (W/ APOLOGIES TO DAS KLON)

SHO.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 07:37 AM   #10
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Gender (Please circle one): F
Location/Ethnicity: NEW YORK CITY/WHITE
Are you an only child? (Please circle one) NO

Are you parents separated? (Please circle one) YES

Do you, or have you ever used illicit drugs? (Please circle one) YES

Do you or have you ever abused other, legal substances? (E.g. alcohol, medication, huffing chemicals?) (Please circle one) Alcohol + medication

initially began using drugs at 13.
marijuana, alcohol, prescription drugs (painkillers/sedatives), LSD, cocaine, opiates, ecstasy (once)

because that's all i've ever been around for my entire life, it was a natural progression

They should all be legalised.

Do your friends use similar drugs and/or share similar views to you? (Please circle one) YES

YES

YES. no explanation necessary.

No. I listen to all kinds of music.

Neutral

No, i do not.

you're fucking welcome.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 08:39 AM   #11
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Gender (Please circle one):
M / F
Location/Ethnicity: British
Y / N

Y / N

Y / N

Y / N

Waste of money and time, I find other things to better lift my spirits

I don't care. If anything, drug death is just natural selection.

Yes No

Yes No

Drugs influence all types of art, and in turn gives drugs a certain romance

A lot of the musicians I listen to actively take drugs, a lot don't. I doesn't mean anything to me, I'm no sheep.

Positive Negative

Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 08:47 AM   #12
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Location/Ethnicity: France/caucasian
N

N

Y

Y (alcohol is a legal drug though).

Alcohol, cannabis, sniffing solvents (very rarely fortunately...), all from age 15.

At the time: escape from reality and above all the uninhibiting effect. I will specify I don't take drugs any more though.

No, things should stay as they are.

Yes

No (if I understand the question correctly).

Yes, artists are more fragile and prone to have relationnal problems so they will
more often be drug users.

No.

Negative (drugs, especially "hard" ones are overrated).

Film and Television Music Visual Art Literature
Old 05.15.2008, 09:11 AM   #13
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
is this survey only fo teenagers?
Old 05.15.2008, 10:47 AM   #14
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
D E L E T E D
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 11:05 AM   #15
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The aim of this questionnaire is to investigate why teenagers use drugs and also to see the creative arts (such as film, visual art and music) influences their attitudes about their decisions regarding drug use.

Location/Ethnicity: Houston Texas USA, hispanic
N

by death, my mom is a widow

Y

N

first smoked the good stuff at age 18.
first did LSD at 18
first did hashish at age 20
first did mushrooms at age 20
first did ecstacy at age 21

I enjoy blowing my mind

I firmly believ all drug USE shoudl be decriminalized. drug sale and manfacture should remain illegal but without the massive penalties.

Yes

No

I feel there is a connection between creative minded people and the desire to explore the pathways of consciousness as well as altered states.

nope. I do what I do because I have decided to do it, not because someone else does it.

negative towards heroin and cocaine.

I do not think it is glorfified at all. i think the art world is a world of communication and the whole spectrum of the drug experience, of all drugs, is coveyed by the art world, both good and bad.
Old 05.15.2008, 11:32 AM   #16
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Gender (Please circle one): M / F
Location/Ethnicity: San Francisco, California, United States of America. White.
Y / N

Y / N

Y / N

Y / N

Alchohol, 17. Pot, 19. Mushrooms, 20.

Do you believe that certain illegal drugs should be either legalised or decriminalised? If so, which ones? I believe that pot should be decriminalized.

Yes No

Yes No

Do you feel that there is a connection between the creative arts and drug culture in any way? If so, how? In some way, yes. But my difficulty with this question is the use of "drug culture." If we mean the culture around drugs, then my answer is that the connection is marginal at best. However, if you mean "drug use" then my answer would be that drug use has allowed for alternative perspectives on art and expression as a whole. While not necessary for art, it has certainly broadened the scope of it, whether this being bad or good.

Particularly, no. However I do generally enjoy music from artists that aren't shy (though aren't dependent) to drug use. I listen to Rock music mostly but also Jazz, Blues, Hip Hop, Folk, and a range of others.

Positive Negative
They have not made me think about drugs in a different way.

I do not feel that drug use is glorified in the world of the creative arts.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 11:36 AM   #17
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses

Location/Ethnicity: France /european specimen
No

yes, recently

I did.

Yes

Tobacco - 15
Cannabis - 16
Alcohol - 15

Cannabis, Tobacco - it's not very "tasty", it doesn't get me high, and I can't stand the odor since few years
Alcohol - To have fun with my friends

No, there're enough legal drugs to get a real kick out.

They don't smoke pot too. I would not care if they did.

No.

Not really, the creativity is in you.

no. You know what kind of music I listen to.

i don't think in a different way.

Film, Television, Music, Visual Art, Literature, video games,...

You're welcome.

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 12:01 PM   #18
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Location/Ethnicity: Scottish/British
N

N

N

N

N/A

They just aren't for me.

Legalise class C drugs.

Yes

No

Maybe a few decades ago, but not so much now.

No, I listen to a lot of bands influenced by drugs but do not have any desire to take myself.

Negative.

Film.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 12:13 PM   #19
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses

Location/Ethnicity: England/British/White

Are you an only child? Yes

Are you parents separated? Yes

Do you, or have you ever used illicit drugs? Yes

Do you or have you ever abused other, legal substances? Yes

If so to either, what type of drugs were used and at what age did you start these practices? Cannabis at 12, and Alcohol at like 10? my parents gave me wine watered down with lemonade or water.

What reasons do you not have for taking drugs? not wanting to spend all my money on drugs, and not wanting to go crazy

Do you believe that certain illegal drugs should be either legalised or decriminalised? If so, which ones? no

Do your friends use similar drugs and/or share similar views to you? Yes

Do you have a drug related mental condition? No

Do you feel that there is a connection between the creative arts and drug culture in any way? If so, how? the creative arts glorify drug use

Do any of the musical groups you listen to influence your decision? If so, how? And what music do you listen to? No

Both, sorry

Do you feel that drug use is glorified in the world of creative arts? If so, please circle which aspect of the creative arts you feel glorifies drug use
Film and Television, Music, Visual Art, Literature
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 12:51 PM   #20
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses

N

N

Y

Y

Alcohol - 12; Marijuana - 14; ecstasy/ amphetamines - 16; LSD - 17; Cocaine - 19; Ketamine - 21. There have been others along the way, but these are your main food groups.

No reason when I did take them; no reason now I don't.

None legalised, none decriminalised.

Some yes, some no.

That I am aware of, no.

None - creative people are creative; some of them, co-incidentally, take drugs.

I didn't like much dance music till I took ecstasy; otherwise, none.

Personal experience has had much more of an impression than the media.

Not in the art, or by the artists, but by certain misled adherents.

That's my helpful thing for the day. As is my right in questionairres, I haven't answered some questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth