Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Arkansas show pictures
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.27.2008, 09:25 AM   #1
sg56
empty page

sg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's asses
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...=0UYuWjlo4Yuig

Here are some pics from last night...
It was a great show. We were in front of Lee the whole time. The band played with a lot of energy. The only thing that sucked was the previous band ran long so they only played Drunk Butterfly for the encore and not Teenage Riot like on the setlist.

Here is the setlist:
Candle (didn't play)
Incinerate
Bull
Reena
100%
Mote
Rapture?
Waste
Cross the Breeze
Hey Joni
Jams
Pink Steam
Drunken
Shaking Hell (didn't play)
Teenage Riot (didn't play)

Great show overall...
sg56 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2008, 09:51 AM   #2
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg56
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...=0UYuWjlo4Yuig

Here are some pics from last night...
It was a great show. We were in front of Lee the whole time. The band played with a lot of energy. The only thing that sucked was the previous band ran long so they only played Drunk Butterfly for the encore and not Teenage Riot like on the setlist.

Here is the setlist:
Candle (didn't play)
Incinerate
Bull
Reena
100%
Mote
Rapture?
Waste
Cross the Breeze
Hey Joni
Jams
Pink Steam
Drunken
Shaking Hell (didn't play)
Teenage Riot (didn't play)

Great show overall...

Sorry they didn't get to play the full set. & missing out on "Teenage Riot" is a tough pill to swallow. I saw them play it at my first SY show, & it was amazing. But still, you got an overall good show.

Some nice pics BTW.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2008, 09:56 AM   #3
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
thurston with 'metal' t - shirt . . .
mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2008, 10:25 AM   #4
sg56
empty page

sg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's assessg56 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah after I got the setlist and we were walking out we realized no Teenage Riot. %^&*!
Thurston was rocking the metal T and at one point said "We've heard rumors of a house party tonight. We don't know the address but just drive around until you see us in the front yard"
Old 04.27.2008, 10:34 AM   #5
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg56
Yeah after I got the setlist and we were walking out we realized no Teenage Riot. %^&*!
Thurston was rocking the metal T and at one point said "We've heard rumors of a house party tonight. We don't know the address but just drive around until you see us in the front yard"

Yeah, Thurston is definitely proven to be a black metal lover. Did you happen to catch the band name on the shirt he was wearing?

& getting to see any member of SY play a house party is a show I'd love to see.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2008, 10:36 AM   #6
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
Yeah, Thurston is definitely proven to be a black metal lover. Did you happen to catch the band name on the shirt he was wearing?

& getting to see any member of SY play a house party is a show I'd love to see.

hell yeah!
mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2008, 10:51 AM   #7
Dustin
empty page

Dustin kicks all y'all's assesDustin kicks all y'all's assesDustin kicks all y'all's assesDustin kicks all y'all's assesDustin kicks all y'all's assesDustin kicks all y'all's assesDustin kicks all y'all's assesDustin kicks all y'all's assesDustin kicks all y'all's assesDustin kicks all y'all's assesDustin kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the set list and pictures. I didn't know that it was due to Michael Franti that their set was so short. That really kind of makes me mad since I drove three hours from Little Rock for the sole purpose of seeing SY and then they played a shortened set. I know this sounds like I'm complaining(which i am a little) but it was still an amazing set and well worth the trip. One of my favorite bands ever.
Dustin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2008, 11:09 AM   #8
sg56
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin
Thanks for the set list and pictures. I didn't know that it was due to Michael Franti that their set was so short. That really kind of makes me mad since I drove three hours from Little Rock for the sole purpose of seeing SY and then they played a shortened set. I know this sounds like I'm complaining(which i am a little) but it was still an amazing set and well worth the trip. One of my favorite bands ever.

I drove up from Russellville. They had to shut down at 11 and if they had started at 9:30 they would have had plenty of time... Here is a picture of me and my wife touching Lee's guitar from the pitchfork website.
http://assets3.pitchforkmedia.com/im...useSYLee6.jpg?
Old 04.28.2008, 06:01 PM   #9
reginald
stalker

reginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's asses
Nice pictures sg56 ! Sorry you didn't get to hear Shaking Hell. It was great in Nashville !
reginald is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth