Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.27.2018, 02:37 PM   #4341
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I would rather buy and wear a Vomit Pelosi shirt, but anything along these lines would be agreeable to me.

i don’t think there’s an “official vomit pelosi shirt”

purchase of an “official maga hat” makes a monetary contribution to the 666 in charge

whereas a “vomit pelosi shirt” (whatever that may be) benefits only the seller— some person on zazzle with an idea and some graphic skills. plus zazzle, of course. plus some salvadorean tshirt factory.

so, giving money to the dnc is the real equivalent to buying the sartorial monstrosity that’s the mark of the beast.

double bonus is: since hilary won’t run (she’d better not...), your contribution will be supporting WARREN 2020

oh yeah.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2018, 02:56 PM   #4342
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBZk6JZwJCU
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2018, 03:08 PM   #4343
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
WARREN 2020

Right now I doubt this will happen. But a Landrieu/Warren ticket could.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2018, 03:13 PM   #4344
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

My readings keep telling me that Warren is a real possibility. Why do you doubt it will happen?
Old 07.27.2018, 03:35 PM   #4345
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
doesn’t landrieu want biden?

then biden/warren it is

then he abdicates and she rules
Old 07.27.2018, 03:36 PM   #4346
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
My readings keep telling me that Warren is a real possibility. Why do you doubt it will happen?

Because even though she takes no shit she's a) a relatively easy target for Donaldo and Hannity & Co. as they will label her the left of the left of the left (only in America...) and b) she's a SHE and the Democratic party will wimp the fuck out due to the fact that the last and only time they picked a woman misogyny —internalized misogyny, no less— fucking won.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 07.27.2018, 05:07 PM   #4347
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
But her emails.
Old 07.27.2018, 05:37 PM   #4348
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
But her emails.
lmao

Quote:
Because even though she takes no shit she's a) a relatively easy target for Donaldo and Hannity & Co. as they will label her the left of the left of the left (only in America...) and b) she's a SHE and the Democratic party will wimp the fuck out due to the fact that the last and only time they picked a woman misogyny —internalized misogyny, no less— fucking won.

i don’t think so many women rejected hilary only on the basis that she was a woman

that happened, sure

just like im sure some people rejected obama because he was black

but she was also rejected because she was hilary clinton

hilary was too much a complicated figure, with too much baggage, from her days as first lady of arkansas all the way to the dnc favoring her over bernie sanders. she was more hawkish than obama, she was cozy with wall street, she spoke lika a lawyer, and she has anticharisma. good politician, shitty candidate.

the main thrust of her campaign was “i’m not trump”. all publicity is good publicity after all. well then.

there was a populist wave last election cycle, trump rode it and the democrats tried to play it safe instead and shut down bernie.

to ignore these things and say it was just misogyny is sheer cognitive closure and wishful thinking.

but for the next election women will be all up in arms after president pussygrabber.

there will be record numbers of women running for office in coming election cycles

and unlike hilary, warren does not have decades of scandal behind her, nor a history of protecting an alleged sexual predator, and she could ride a populist movement if there is still one. not sure.

i also think she understands economics better than pie-in-the-sky bernie sanders, so she can appeal to both the left and the center, which is how one wins these things.

don’t know if you know this, but warren used to be a republican.
Old 07.27.2018, 06:11 PM   #4349
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
she could ride a populist movement if there is still one. not sure.

Huh? That's pretty much all there is. There are a few strong party supporters out there, but populism is alive and well on both sides. Did I miss something?

Quote:
don’t know if you know this, but warren used to be a republican.

I had no idea!

I swear to fucking god, the Native American thing will sink her.

"But Trump said/did..."

Yes, but she LIED about her HERITAGE! How can we ever trust her? If she lied once, what's to say she won't lie again?

"But Trump..."

Two wrongs don't make a right. Burn the witch.

And watch for the word "hysterical" to pop up a hell of a lot.

---

Amy Klobuchar. I hope. Been hoping for a year and a half. Don't know if she'd run, but she'd kick electoral ass if she did.

But yes. It will be a woman. Just not positive which one. Primary should be fun. Catfight! Am I right bros? High five!
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2018, 06:23 PM   #4350
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Huh? That's pretty much all there is. There are a few strong party supporters out there, but populism is alive and well. Did I miss something?

well in 2020 after the economy goes to fucking hell people might be looking for a more reasonable and sober leader instead of grandiose promises

but we’ll see, we’ll see

Quote:
I had no idea!

yep. was so because in her words republicans liked markets and democrats didn’t.

(which makes perfect sense to me, as a grownup who one day decided to learn about markets and economics and so forth even though it wasn’t part of my education)

she quit the repukes when they became unprincipled and started destroying the middle class and favoring wall street. started in the 80s she said but stuck till the mid 90s.

Quote:
I swear to fucking god, the Native American thing will sink her.

"But Trump said/did..."

Yes, but she LIED about her HERITAGE! How can we ever trust her? If she lied once, what's to say she won't lie again?

"But Trump..."

Two wrongs don't make a right. Burn the witch.

And watch for the word "hysterical" to pop up a hell of a lot.

---

nah. i don’t think so. seriously. if that’s the worst they can get against her she’s home free

Quote:
Amy Klobuchar. Been saying it for a year and a half. Don't know if she'd run, but she'd kick electoral ass if she did.

honestly i don’t know anything about her and have never seen her (i mostly don’t watch tv) but i’ll investigate
Old 07.27.2018, 07:12 PM   #4351
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
to ignore these things and say it was just misogyny is sheer cognitive closure and wishful thinking.

See, you just had to be a dick. In my previous post I did NOT discard all the fuckedupness that came with "being Hillary Clinton", her public persona/perception anyway. I was alluding to precisely what you mentioned in passing — that for the most part Democrats play it safe, and Warren, former Republican and all (just as HRC, whaddayaknow) can be too easily sold to the brain-fucking-dead masses as the new Hanoi Jane.

By the way, it's HILLARY Clinton, not "Hilary". "Hilary" is Hilary Swank.

Old 07.27.2018, 07:53 PM   #4352
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
See, you just had to be a dick. In my previous post
i dont know your previous post. i replied to your comment in reply to me about misoginy dooming warren

but you come here to yell at everyone and dish out insults like a deranged hormonal case— and then call me a dick?

lolololololol

and i should be keeping track of everything you say?

hillllllllllllarious
Old 07.27.2018, 08:11 PM   #4353
Skuj
invito al cielo

By the way, it's HILARIOUS, not "hilllllllllllarious".

Old 07.27.2018, 08:12 PM   #4354
Skuj
invito al cielo

(I'm having a laugh. Let's all laugh. Because if we don't laugh, we'll cry.)
Old 07.27.2018, 08:13 PM   #4355
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
i dont know your previous post. i replied to your comment in reply to me.

Hooo, fake news: you replied to my reply to Skuj.

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...postcount=4563

Quote:
you come here to yell at everyone like a deranged hormonal case and then call me a dick?

I do yell sometimes. Fuckers deserve it. But dude, "a deranged hormonal case"? Now that's misogynous — WELL, it would be if I were a woman. Next thing I know you're gonna tell me I'm "on the rag".

Old 07.27.2018, 08:15 PM   #4356
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
By the way, it's HILARIOUS, not "hilllllllllllarious".

Or hughlaurieous.

Old 07.27.2018, 08:19 PM   #4357
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I do yell sometimes. Fuckers deserve it. But dude, "a deranged hormonal case"? Now that's misogynous — WELL, it would be if I were a woman. Next thing I know you're gonna tell me I'm "on the rag".
https://www.everydayhealth.com/mens-...en-grumpy.aspx

have a nice weekend!

see a doctor
Old 07.27.2018, 10:03 PM   #4358
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

True but unbelievable: this is from a Fox News contributor!

Republicans beware -- Strong GDP growth isn't sustainable and that's bad news for the GOP in November

Old 07.27.2018, 10:44 PM   #4359
Skuj
invito al cielo

I keep wondering about something......

All these wonderful numbers and stock market things......what does it mean to the average American? Is it different this time because of that tax cut?

Obama had good "numbers" after he saved the planet from the 2008/9 meltdown, but that didn't mean dick to the average voter.
Old 07.27.2018, 11:25 PM   #4360
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I keep wondering about something......

All these wonderful numbers and stock market things......what does it mean to the average American? Is it different this time because of that tax cut?

well: nothing unless you drink the kool aid

-we supposedly have minimal unemployment, but there has been no wage growth, and labor force participation is lower now than it was in 2000. this is was already the case under obama, republicans made a big stink of it, now they boast about their “success”. that’s the kool-aid i’m talking about. same facts, different interpretations.

-but: we also have inflation now, and inflation is eating the tax cuts

-plus, the business cycle is nearing its end, sped up by trump’s dumb trade war and other shenanigans. the tax cuts extended it for a little while though. the orange lord giveth and the orange lord taketh away ha ha ha. the narcissist!

-stock market highs are good for investors—until there’s a correction and everyone panics. nobody ever learns. but yeah— say a firefighter or a teacher care more about their current paychecks than about the state of their pension fund.

-but when the market is on the rise, companies hire people, make capital purchases, etc.

-the news i’ve been reading say businesses are already preparing for the down cycle. the latest spike in purchasing has more to do with rushing ahead of tariffs taking effect.

so: when the inevitable correction comes, the indexes go down, investment follows in a spiral for a while, unemployment goes up accordingly, the people rage and demand human sacrifices, and they vote out the old and elect a new set of promises.

when will that be i am not sure. the big question is: before or after november?

it will be before 2020 for sure.

the other question is how deep will things go. will it just be a small correction or series of corrections? will it be a recession? a depression? a cataclysm?

ask nostradamus...

Quote:
Obama had good "numbers" after he saved the planet from the 2008/9 meltdown, but that didn't mean dick to the average voter.

well... no.... sort of.

read the link i posted for rob in response to his comment about both parties being the same. it’s like six pages long.

obama got a lot of recognition for saving the economy. but the rise of the tea party and the loss of both houses of congress weakened him. he had a decent approval rating till the end though.
168208215216217 218 219220221228268318 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth