Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.08.2016, 05:37 AM   #7781
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Alexis Sanchez being offered £400k a week to play in China.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2016, 07:14 AM   #7782
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
If he went then he's an idiot.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2016, 07:35 AM   #7783
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Yeah I watched it. The pace of that game was just relentless. I'd disagree that Dortmund looked lost. They were certainly holding their own in the game, but it's just they didn't take those early chances.

Good game though.
great game (for me at least)

the first half they did look disoriented though. trust me, i watch them every weekend and that wasn't "them".

maybe it was nerves, and the bernabeu, or that they're generally not used to facing players of such caliber *on every front* (with the exception of bayern), but they where throwing away such chances and being so overpowered on defense that it was a highly unusual performance. also a bunch of them are very young. madrid's players are grown-ass men.

this is why pulisic impressed me on that first half-- he seemed calm and composed and created many of those chances the others wouldn't finish. that boy's got cojones.

but anyway seeing reus and aubameyang finally fire up like that in dortmund's 2nd goal made up for all of the early frustration.

--

eta: just discovered ZM's first resurfacing after july....

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2016/11/...3-3-2-2-shape/
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2016, 11:23 AM   #7784
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
If he went then he's an idiot.

I half agree but the more I think about it the more I'd understand and even respect him if he did go. 400k a week would make his family secure for generations, to the extent that it could be argued that turning it down would actually be a bit selfish. As a football fan I obviously want him to stay but if I was in his position I'm not sure I'd be able to justify turning that amount of money down for the sake of my own professional credibility.
Old 12.08.2016, 11:56 AM   #7785
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
great game (for me at least)

the first half they did look disoriented though. trust me, i watch them every weekend and that wasn't "them".

maybe it was nerves, and the bernabeu, or that they're generally not used to facing players of such caliber *on every front* (with the exception of bayern), but they where throwing away such chances and being so overpowered on defense that it was a highly unusual performance. also a bunch of them are very young. madrid's players are grown-ass men.

this is why pulisic impressed me on that first half-- he seemed calm and composed and created many of those chances the others wouldn't finish. that boy's got cojones.

but anyway seeing reus and aubameyang finally fire up like that in dortmund's 2nd goal made up for all of the early frustration.

--

eta: just discovered ZM's first resurfacing after july....

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2016/11/...3-3-2-2-shape/

https://twitter.com/Zonal_Marking

Check his twitter. He does a lot of pieces for ESPN and the Guardian these days.

Old 12.08.2016, 12:04 PM   #7786
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
https://twitter.com/Zonal_Marking

Check his twitter. He does a lot of pieces for ESPN and the Guardian these days.
i'm familiar w/ his twitter but it's not the same

espn/the guardian -- did he quit the betting business? because most i've seen from him in the past couple of years has been odds predictions and shit like that

i'll take a new look
Old 12.08.2016, 12:06 PM   #7787
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I half agree but the more I think about it the more I'd understand and even respect him if he did go. 400k a week would make his family secure for generations, to the extent that it could be argued that turning it down would actually be a bit selfish. As a football fan I obviously want him to stay but if I was in his position I'm not sure I'd be able to justify turning that amount of money down for the sake of my own professional credibility.

250k a week could set his family up for generations!

Thing is, the guy is 27 and playing the best football of his life (I still keep thinking about that dummy kick he did against West Ham. Semen inducing). He's clearly someone who loves to play football, and seems to constantly want to better himself. He's not gonna get that in China, is he? And I don't think it comes down to professional credibility. It comes down to ambition and the love of the game. What does he want to achieve and where?

If he went to China his quality would dip massively and quickly, and that would affect his position playing with Chile. And he's someone who gives his all when playing for Chile.

I honestly don't think he'll go and is just using it as his trump card for more wages.

Old 12.08.2016, 12:07 PM   #7788
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
i'm familiar w/ his twitter but it's not the same

espn/the guardian -- did he quit the betting business? because most i've seen from him in the past couple of years has been odds predictions and shit like that

i'll take a new look

Nah, I think he's still doing that too.

Old 12.08.2016, 12:10 PM   #7789
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i don't think that setting up your family for generations is necessarily a good thing

a lot of trustafarians grow up to be useless degenerates

and the more money you have the more people want it (kidnappings etc) or suck up to you for it.

there was this study years ago that "money buys happiness" up to $75k/yr and then the different becomes negligible. that's in the us, so let's make it flexible for the global economy. $30-$200K/year.

but you know he could start a foundation to help chilean kids or something. didn't he himself grow poor?

anyway eventually we're all gonna be fans of the chinese superleague (or whatever it's called) and will consider all of the others 2nd rate.

i'm sticking to my already-2nd-rate bundesliga though ha ha
Old 12.08.2016, 07:21 PM   #7790
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Sanchez might be my fave player in the WORLD right now. I desperately want him to stay in the Prem (although it'd be nice if Wenger rested him whenever Arsenal played West Ham). He's already a very rich man but I won't respect him less if he does go to China. I will if he just takes the money and builds a big gold mansion for him and his bitches but if he uses it for something more positive, then fair play to him.

Personally I don't think he will go, although if Arsenal don't offer him a massive pay rise I can definitely see him moving to somewhere like Chelsea - who are making it quite obvious that they want him and that they're willing to pay big £££s to get him.

Wenger's apparently targeting Marco Reus to replace Sanchez if he does go.

Meanwhile West Ham are apparently gonna try and get Fellaini and Depay off Man U in January. Not a huge fan of either but definitely improvements on what we've got at the moment.
Old 12.08.2016, 07:46 PM   #7791
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

isn't arsenal sitting on massive cash reserves though?

i though they have the money but arsène is conservative
Old 12.09.2016, 03:01 AM   #7792
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah they have the money but Wenger has traditionally stuck to a rigid wage structure, so we'll see.
Old 12.09.2016, 04:55 AM   #7793
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Still makes me chuckle that West Ham actually got Zaza on loan.

Another exciting weekend of football coming up!

Old 12.09.2016, 07:07 AM   #7794
demonrail666
invito al cielo

West Ham's owners are entirely to blame for our situation. Instead of building on last season's success they've made Bilic replicate it without proper investment. They're only interested in the stadium and will be happy to stay mid-table until they sell up. Now they're panicking because we could easily be relegated, dramatically devaluing their asset. In a word, cunts.

I can see Liverpool annihilating us on Sunday.
Old 12.09.2016, 08:22 AM   #7795
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
They're only interested in the stadium and will be happy to stay mid-table until they sell up. Now they're panicking because we could easily be relegated, dramatically devaluing their asset. In a word, cunts.
oh, you want fan control of the club

confess

--

funny thing i've been thinking/dreaming all night & day lately about doing things only for the profit motive (due to some TV i'm watching and trump's cabinet appointments)

some fucked up world we live in. i'm mean i'm definitely FOR profit, but when it's the one and only value at play everything gets twisted into some weird shit

sorry about your team

meanwhile, rb leipzig remains atop the bundesliga table ha ha (the fuckers).

something happens to timo werner though they'll sink like a lead weight
Old 12.10.2016, 04:51 AM   #7796
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
oh, you want fan control of the club

confess

In principal I don't object to it, I just don't like what it's done to those leagues where it's been most fully implemented. For all the Prem's faults, I'd still rather that than what Germany has.
Old 12.10.2016, 11:42 AM   #7797
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
In principal I don't object to it, I just don't like what it's done to those leagues where it's been most fully implemented. For all the Prem's faults, I'd still rather that than what Germany has.
i don't know what you mean (which leagues and what's been done), but the germans generally look happy with their league, whereas english fans often seem miserable in spite of having what's presumably the top league in the world right at home (others say it's la liga). one can get used to abuse...

==

and on bundesliga news, dortmund *barely* managed to tie vs. cologne today, 1-1, at the last minute of regulation.

didn't see other games but bayern and leipzig tied for first w/ 33 pts. which means lepizig lost vs. ingolstadt... yep, lost 1-0.

...and poor wolfsburg, which continues its post-debruyne decline, got beat 5-0 today (yes it was bayern)
Old 12.10.2016, 11:54 AM   #7798
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Don't underestimate the value of misery. It's all part of it.

On the fan ownership thing I just meant the Bundesliga's 50+1 model. What did you mean by fan ownership?
Old 12.10.2016, 12:15 PM   #7799
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Don't underestimate the value of misery. It's all part of it.

On the fan ownership thing I just meant the Bundesliga's 50+1 model. What did you mean by fan ownership?

i meant just that. but i was wondering if it was being conflated with the UEFA rules about money which supposedly diminish parity/preserve winners-- different story altogether.
Old 12.10.2016, 04:52 PM   #7800
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Listening to a phone-in at the moment and Man City fans are going absolutely ballistic after their performance today. They're mostly pissed off at Pep's insistence on playing out from the back and players being put out of position.

Have to admit, this is the 1st time I've seen them in the Prem this season where, if I was a Man City fan, I'd be worried. It's not that he makes mistakes (every manager does) it's that he seems to be refusing to acknowledge them. Stones was a disaster today but in the post match interview, Pep said he played well. That's worrying.
340380387388389 390 391392393400440490 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth