Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page why don't hipsters like jam bands?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.21.2011, 12:37 PM   #21
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I don't know and most certainly I do not care. Here's a picture of a tree. Imagine all the nice things that you could do with it.

Oh God...where to start.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2011, 06:33 PM   #22
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnic
"I like Phish well enough. I think also that people who appreciate the complexity of SY could easily embrace the similarly iconic, sometimes equally challenging work of Phish.

Pavement's Terror Twilight... fans of that album should have no trouble digesting Junta or Story of the Ghost. And SY fans would like the Siket Disc, I believe."

For me personally, I really discovered and got into both SY & Phish at the same time, back in 1992 and understood them both. Yeah, Phish's Siket Disc would be a great start for an SY fan wanting to check the phish and I think Washing Machine is a great album for phish fans to check out. I've also always wanted to see Phish cover Hits of Sunshine. I think they would do it nice justice. BTW, nice to see another phish fan here!

I hated them for a long time, but the Siket Disc made me actually shut my hatin' mouth and listen and I loved it. Then came Round Room (oddly), which is my favorite Phish record. They're great at their best, pretty bad at their worst, but overall I'm definitely down with them.

I guess that's why I asked.

I've been lumped in with the hipsters since before High Fidelity made being a music nerd cool again. I guess I fit the stereotype, but I like a lot of music that most other people who are called hipsters just can't stand (like jam, reggae, blues, and hip-hop that doesn't come from Stone's Throw). I'm a big Dead fan, and I like Phish, and I enjoy going to folk and bluegrass festivals.

And yeah, Trey would do a kickin' cover of "Hits of Sunshine", as well as "Snare Girl" and I'll bet Phish could do a Halloween full-cover of Murray Street or Daydream Nation and make it kick ass.

Big fan of Trey's solo material too.

Actually, I initially underplayed my love of the band here because I thought I might catch shit, but I'm a straight-up phan.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2011, 06:51 PM   #23
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
Saw an interview with her and she seems kinda dopey.

that's why I like her.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth