Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Near Death Experiences
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.09.2006, 06:27 PM   #1
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Share yours.

I'm heavily allergic to a certain type of wasp, and I stepped on a nest once a long time ago. I got stung and my throat started to swell up and I was covered in hives. I got sent to the hospital and they injected me with stuff that made me fall asleep instantly. I woke up fine.

My friend shot me with an air rifle within a few feet one time too, it kinda hurt.
Old 06.09.2006, 06:37 PM   #2
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I've had times where I've been really sick (from a combo of my stomach problem and whatever pot I was smoking) and I thought I was going to die because I was shaking and throwing up everywhere hahahah (one time was at the old Capital actually) But I wouldn't call it a near death experience.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 07:01 PM   #3
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Damn, I hate side effects from weed. I get them all the time. Especially when they're mixed with random chemicals that you're unaware of :S
Old 06.09.2006, 07:12 PM   #4
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
on christmas 2004 i got in a car accident on the driver's side. if my car would have stopped two feet further from where it was, i would've been killed on impact. i walked away without any injuries of any sort...my glasses didn't even break.

earlier this year, when my girlfriend and i were between moving out of our old apartment and into our new one, we were coming home from work, and as we were walking in the door a truck horn started blaring, not *beep beep beep*, but *beeeeeeeeeep*. it kept on for about a minute or so, and when it stopped, 4 gunshots rang out, followed by 4 more. 1 house over, some guy's car had gotten shot up.

when i was in 9th grade, some dude got his brains blown out right in front of my house, and one of the bullets were never found.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 07:13 PM   #5
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I have bad luck with weed haha.
I once did a 3 joint session with 3 other friends, then after my friend kept fainting I thought she was going to die and started crying haha. I'm horrible in situations like that, but luckily my friend Chris was there to help her.

Old 06.09.2006, 07:17 PM   #6
EMMAh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
on christmas 2004 i got in a car accident on the driver's side. if my car would have stopped two feet further from where it was, i would've been killed on impact. i walked away without any injuries of any sort...my glasses didn't even break.

That's lucky
That kind of happened to my friend Nick. He tends to not use his head sometimes, so he got drunk and went joy riding in his mom's mini van. Ended up crashing into a tree or pole and like totaled the van. He walked away perfectly fine too, he should have died.

Old 06.09.2006, 07:21 PM   #7
Inhuman
invito al cielo

That's crazy val-holla. Shit that's really lucky! yesterday I was at the mall to buy bus tickets and there was some guy slashing people's faces, and there was this guy walking around with his cheek nearly in two pieces, it was really gross. The cops weren't even there yet so I left pretty quickly.

I've never ended up passsing out luckily! For me the worst one I've had was smoking weed mixed with some chemical... and I was doing it with the biggest druggie of the school so he didn't really get any side effects, but I got side effects along the same lines of prostatitis, and they stayed for 1 1/2 months. Really embarrasing though, and I'm still having the effects, just in a way lower degree.
Old 06.09.2006, 07:32 PM   #8
EMMAh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
That's crazy val-holla. Shit that's really lucky! yesterday I was at the mall to buy bus tickets and there was some guy slashing people's faces, and there was this guy walking around with his cheek nearly in two pieces, it was really gross. The cops weren't even there yet so I left pretty quickly.

I would have shit my pants. I'm so afraid of knives
Even if someone I trust a lot (say... my mom) is using one around me I get really really nervous and think they're going to kill me. Getting stabbed is my worst fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
I've never ended up passsing out luckily! For me the worst one I've had was smoking weed mixed with some chemical... and I was doing it with the biggest druggie of the school so he didn't really get any side effects, but I got side effects along the same lines of prostatitis, and they stayed for 1 1/2 months. Really embarrasing though, and I'm still having the effects, just in a way lower degree.

That's really shitty
I've never had long lasting side effects or anything. I just get really clammy and shaky and puke my guts out hahaha.

Old 06.09.2006, 07:41 PM   #9
Inhuman
invito al cielo

It's the only time something's happened to me long term, so I've stayed away from the weed for a while. My new thing is cigarettes and datura. cigarettes are good every once in a while, I just don't want to get addicted. Love em' though. Datura is super fun too, if you take enough you can hallucinate for 2 entire days. Bad part is is that it can give you permanant brain damage, and kill you if you overdose. I like it that you can take it in any form though. Smoke seeds, eat seeds, smoke plant, eat plant, or you can make it into a tea.
Old 06.09.2006, 07:47 PM   #10
EMMAh
invito al cielo

I don't know much about datura, but it sounds sweet

Old 06.09.2006, 07:50 PM   #11
Inhuman
invito al cielo

I've tried it a few times. Last time I took it, I looked down at the carped and it was moving around without moving my feet, it was really trippy, and the wire in our heater was waving up and down. It's a little like acid, but you don't feel a high and you just hallucinate.
Old 06.09.2006, 07:54 PM   #12
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I was seven at the time and in second grade. My mother & stepfather went to buy a used car from one of my stepfather's Navy Seabee buddies out in Saucier, MS which was a short trip from where we lived in Gulfport. Upon arriving, I started to play with their three or four year-old daughter. I remember digging the slope of the land because Gulfport was so nearly uniformly flat except for a suburb called Norwood Hills. We wandered off & they had a well or reservoir of some sort on the property which was like this edifice open on two sides with a roof over it. There were planks on either side less than a foot wide. They way I remember it, I was exploring and showing-off for the little girl &, balancing myself, got about halfway across until I fell in by trying to pick up or balance myself on a piece of wood that was there. When I fell in, the water level was not high enough for me to reach the ledge & just pull myself out. I also had never taken any swimming lessons (I did after that) & was unfamiliar with treading water. I naturally panicked & remember surfacing three times and seeing the little girl staring back motionless & in shock staring back at me each time. After going under that final time, I accepted that my life was over & that this was my moment of death. The house, which was about a hundred yards away must have been reached by the girl & everyone must have been alerted. It was actually her dad that pulled me out & gave me mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. As I discerned that my consciousness was becoming extinguished, I remember not seeing a white light, but seeing flashes of scenes from my life in rapid succession. As I look back, it seems as if it were my whole past & also my whole future, but also the whole past & whole future of everyone on Earth. I'm sure this is just how my brain later interpreted whatever happened, but it did occur in accordance to other near-death accounts in the respect that time slowed down immensely & what probably was only minutes or seconds seemed to continue on for a very, very long time.

I think I wrote about this at the old board at least once, & more on this is excerpted from a previous post: http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...hlight=drowned
I broke my leg as a six-month old infant when i fell down the stairs in a townhouse. per the cliche, i was also dropped right on my head once as a baby. One time I was kicked in the head by a man much larger than myself who was wearing steel-toed workboots when I was twenty.
But on to the past maladies.
When I was seven I had a near-death experience & nearly drowned to death. I didn't speak & barely ate or drank for about 2 weeks after it. I wouldn't go to school & read in my room & this is when I began to draw things constantly which I continued to do for years afterwards. After wasting away until I looked like dehydrated malnourished skeleton, I was taken to the hospital & diagnosed with meningitis & told that I was terminal. I forget how it came about, but a short while after that it was explained to me that I had asthma & I took the skin tests & came up allergic to just about everything. For many years, i was given a regimen of allergy treatment shots twice weekly. I took a plethora of medications & up to 6 or 7 different types of pills a day at some points in the illness. I was taken to the emergency room with asthma attacks too many times to remember & was told after one attack that it was a chronic attack which meant that there was a 25% chance of me dying without the doctors being able to do anything about it. Typically, when I went to the emergency room they would take blood, hook an I.V. into my arm, make me deep breathe & force me to drink like a gallon of water & administer one to several epinephrine (adrenaline) shots to get me breathing again. Many times I was allowed to go home after that, but on at least on 10 ocassions (if not more) I was hospitalized afterwards for 2 weeks to a month with an I.V. in my arm. One time we were on vacation visiting relatives & I had had a serious attack & was taken to the hospital; when I was left alone, I ripped the I.V. out of my arm & proceeded to amble around the military base aimlessly until some M.P.s brought me back to the hospital room.
And then one day around age 16 I just told my mother that I wasn't going anymore for allergy shots. I stopped taking all the pills. I was told that I was "possessed" because I made such a loud, violent scene every time I was told I had to go to the hospital. Thank God I was one of the ones that "grew out" of asthma. It's terrifying not being able to breathe. I kept my inhalers & kept using them less & less until I was about age 20. I have now been a two pack a day smoker for over 15 years & have had no asthma attacks in all that time. I never get allergic reactions or hayfever, not even if the wind is blowing pollen right in my face. I haven't been sick in almost three years & the last time was only because the people I was living with at that time were sick. That was, in fact, the only time I've gotten a flu even since I started posting at the fan forum back on '02. I eat reasonably healthy & fairly well, but nothing too overboard for too long a time & I drink a good deal of water every day. < I know, too much is bad for the kidneys. > Back in the emergency room during those days when I was ill, drinking water was like trying to drink gasoline. Nowadays, I love water. The biggest health problem I've had was that one day after a typical binge of what have you, I woke up & a spot on one of my feet was cold & numb. I had just met a man the day before that lived on my street & hung out on his porch a lot that had just had one of his lower legs amputated due to blood vessel blockage, so I believe my injury was a sympathetic psychosomatic ailment. The numb spot grew over a few days until one of my whole feet went numb & it was difficult to walk or get around. I called the hospital & made an appointment with a neurologist. The next day the spot was shrinking again & it went away on the night before the day of the appointment. When I go to get a check-up once every year & a half or so, the nurses & the doctor always are dumbfounded that all my vitals & weight & everything is normal given the vices that I have. They still tell me that I have to quit smoking though, of course.
val-holla-ing also makes me remember a time as a child when I was in the backseat & the door came open by itself. My mother then wrecked into another car. We were going fifty-five when it happened & miraculously & thankfully, no one was injured.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 07:58 PM   #13
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Damn Atari, that's terrible! Sorry to hear about all that. I know what it's like for the allergy shots. I had to take them every week for years as well
Old 06.09.2006, 08:41 PM   #14
Kallisti23chaos
children of satan

Kallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's asses
Two times i was just driving down the road, (once a highway) , and then just woke up in the back of an ambulance.
Old 06.09.2006, 09:14 PM   #15
SolidZach
children of satan

SolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentata
I was walking down the street, and some guy comes up and shoots me in the stomach and runs. Was in the hostoital for two months.

SolidZach is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 09:21 PM   #16
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I was in a band with a guy who was clinically dead and then in a coma for 3 months.
He remembers a bunch of visions from that time; conversations with his deceased father, etc.
He is a pretty eccentric fellow in any case, and "coming back from the dead" has only added to his mystique.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 09:22 PM   #17
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
a regular Slash or Nikki Sixx ^ there;
they say Dave Mustaine has died clinically six times & that he professes born-again christianity now.
Old 06.09.2006, 09:26 PM   #18
Kallisti23chaos
children of satan

Kallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's asses
clinically dead, not me.
they labeled my incidents in other fashions.
i've never been in a coma though. I wonder what thats like ?*
Old 06.09.2006, 09:28 PM   #19
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
It took him a LONG time to be able to function physically after that. Your body totally atrophies. It's not like movies where people just "wake up;" he couldn't even walk at first, and had a cane for quite some time.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 09:36 PM   #20
atari 2600
invito al cielo

in the case of the rock stars they had a heroin (& a combination of other substancess) overdose so they died in the emergency room only temporarily until the adrenaline could be administered into their heart to wake them up (they didn't spend an extended time "dead".)

Kill Bill vol. 1 makes a glancing attempt at post-coma atrophy plausibility hehe.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth