Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.15.2012, 05:11 PM   #15901
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
I agree with everything you just said, pretty much.

Pretty repulsive for me at times (yep, more puke), but very fun. Though I was disgusted, the scene with the worms flying through the window stuck with me. Lots of unique effects and as you can see on that little poster, a guy has a drill go right through his head. 9/10

The scene with the woman in the coffin is fantastic, I think. One of the few scenes in a Fulci movie that genuinely scared me, rather than the usual gross out.

I like Friday the 13th a lot but do prefer Phantasm although, as Count Mocha says, they're too different to really compare.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2012, 12:09 AM   #15902
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2012, 09:00 AM   #15903
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2012, 10:58 AM   #15904
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses

louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2012, 01:18 PM   #15905
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Saw it in 3D last night (you know how I do), and as a pretty big Spider-Man fan, I've gotta admit I was disappointed throughout the film's entirity.

Let me just start out by claiming that it was ABSOLUTE GENIUS to cast Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy. She couldn't have possibly looked the part more, and I applaud the big wig who made the decision to land her in role. She's stunning on screen, and nailed just about every line with astonishing talent.

Sadly, that was just about the only casting decision that actually worked for me. Essential players like Peter Parker, Uncle Ben, and Aunt May were entirely mis-cast, imho, and left the film feeling much flatter than it should have. Side characters - like Dennis Leary as Capt. George Stacy, and whoever it was who played Dr. Connors were nice decisions, but both were far too underused. Same goes for Flash Thompson.

In speaking of flat - is this the best 3D experience they could work out for a FUCKING SPIDER-MAN MOVIE!?!?! The franchise pretty much loans itself to the gimmick, yet for the first time in a long while, I felt myself thinking "Damn, I should've just seen this in 2D."

The writing also stunk. While it was nice to see Spidey finally have his web shooters again, it would've been even keener if there was some actual character development ANYWHERE throughout the film.

Given how recently the Raimi films were released, and the general popularity of the Spider-Man character, including the vigilante's origin again wasn't only unnecessary, but forced as well. The filmmakers must've been aware of this as they specifically tried to avoid retreading essential scenes in Spidey's origin like Ben Parker's "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility" line, the wrestling match, etc.

Here's an idea - DON'T INCLUDE THE ORIGIN AT ALL! Remember films like Batman Forever or even the dreadful Batman & Robin?! Completely different cast, but they didn't bother retelling Batman's origin over, and over again - BECAUSE PEOPLE ALREADY KNOW WHO THE FUCK BATMAN IS, and if you're buying a ticket to see The Amazing Spider-Man, guess what, YOU ALREADY KNOW WHO THE FUCK SPIDER-MAN IS. There's no need to re-establish that! Not even for kids!

Also who the fuck is this clown pretending to be Peter Parker? Worst part of the movie, in my eyes. Peter Parker isn't some Twilight-looking skateboard punk with a big brain and a heart of gold. He's a nerdy dweeb who couldn't gain respect amongst the majority of his peers, even if he tried. That's what makes Spider-Man work! The dichotomy between Peter Parker and his alter-ego! I'm sorry, but this time around, I'm just not buying it. Also, could he put his damn cell phone away!?! Jesus!

Don't get me wrong, the film did have a fair share of entertaining and/or neat moments, but I found my attention drifting over to the "exit" signs in the corners of the cinema more than once. And that should never happen when you pay like $13 to go see a flick. Especially not one as high-profile as this.
Old 07.17.2012, 01:22 PM   #15906
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

Saw it in 3D last night (you know how I do), and as a pretty big Spider-Man fan, I've gotta admit I was disappointed throughout the film's entirity.

Let me just start out by claiming that it was ABSOLUTE GENIUS to cast Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy. She couldn't have possibly looked the part more, and I applaud the big wig who made the decision to land her in role. She's stunning on screen, and nailed just about every line with astonishing talent.

Sadly, that was just about the only casting decision that actually worked for me. Essential players like Peter Parker, Uncle Ben, and Aunt May were entirely mis-cast, imho, and left the film feeling much flatter than it should have.

Side characters - like Dennis Leary as Capt. George Stacy, and whoever it was who played Dr. Connors were nice decisions, but both were far too underused. Same goes for Flash Thompson.

In speaking of flat - is this the best 3D experience they could work out for a FUCKING SPIDER-MAN MOVIE!?!?! The franchise pretty much loans itself to the gimmick, yet for the first time in a long while, I felt myself thinking "Damn, I should've just seen this in 2D."

The writing also stunk. While it was nice to see Spidey finally have his web shooters again, it would've been even keener if there was some actual character development ANYWHERE throughout the film.

I don't understand why they decided to include the origin in this movie again. Given how recently the Raimi films were released, and the general popularity of the Spider-Man character - it wasn't only unnecessary, but forced as well.

The filmmakers must've been aware of this as they specifically tried to avoid retreading essential scenes in Spidey's origin like Ben Parker's "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility" line, the wrestling match, etc.

Here's an idea - DON'T INCLUDE THE ORIGIN AT ALL! Remember films like Batman Forever or even the dreadful Batman & Robin?! They didn't retell Batman's origin over, and over again - BECAUSE PEOPLE ALREADY KNOW WHO THE FUCK BATMAN IS, and if you're buying a ticket to see The Amazing Spider-Man, guess what, YOU ALREADY KNOW WHO THE FUCK SPIDER-MAN IS. There's no need to re-establish that! Not even for kids!

Also who the fuck is this clown pretending to be Peter Parker? Worst part of the movie, in my eyes. Peter Parker isn't some Twilight-looking skateboard punk with a big brain and a heart of gold. He's a nerdy dweeb who couldn't gain respect amongst the majority of his peers, even if he tried. That's what makes Spider-Man work! The dichotomy between Peter Parker and his alter-ego! I'm sorry, but this time around, I'm just not buying it. Also, could he put his damn cell phone away!?! Jesus!

Don't get me wrong, the film did have a fair share of entertaining and/or neat moments, but I found my attention drifting over to the "exit" signs in the corners of the cinema more than once. And that should never happen when you pay like $13 to go see a flick. Especially not one as high-profile as this.

i haven't gone see this movie yet, and i don't know if i agree with you or not, but i loved the rant!

"Also, could he put his damn cell phone away!?! Jesus!"

haaa haaa haaa.

i'll make sure to catch it in a matinée.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2012, 01:37 PM   #15907
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Yeah, I'm still cheesed over it. I really wanted to love this movie, y'know?

Re-edited my rant a bit to make it more legible. OF COURSE !@#$! had to quote me before-hand! lol
Old 07.17.2012, 01:44 PM   #15908
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Just wait for The Dark Knight Rises instead.

I actually just downloaded TDK (and Godard's Le Mepris) last night. I plan on viewing 'em both today. Do I need to re-watch Batman Begins at all or is it pretty straight-forward? (I've never seen TDK)

---------------------

Also - on the subject of The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) - who is this Marc Webb guy they got to direct this!?! Was he selected purely on the pun-worthy last name alone? I'm seriously wondering that.

Why go from someone as infamous as Sam Raimi to some Joe Schmoe who directed an episode of The Office and a 3 Doors Down music video (according to his IMDB)? I really don't understand Hollywood.
Old 07.17.2012, 01:49 PM   #15909
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

goddamn you murmer
Old 07.17.2012, 01:50 PM   #15910
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

!
Old 07.17.2012, 01:51 PM   #15911
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I actually just downloaded TDK (and Godard's Le Mepris) last night. I plan on viewing 'em both today. Do I need to re-watch Batman Begins at all or is it pretty straight-forward? (I've never seen TDK)

---------------------

Also - on the subject of The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) - who is this Marc Webb guy they got to direct this!?! Was he selected purely on the pun-worthy last name alone? I'm seriously wondering that.

Why go from someone as infamous as Sam Raimi to some Joe Schmoe who directed an episode of The Office and a 3 Doors Down music video (according to his IMDB)? I really don't understand Hollywood.

watch the first one first. it's a good movie.

i found out that netflix released breaking bad on stream a couple of days ago. guess what i'll be watching for the next 12 or so hours.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2012, 01:54 PM   #15912
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

I've already seen Batman Begins, but that was way back when it hit theaters.

Just wondering if I can watch TDK without having to watch BB again.
Old 07.17.2012, 02:07 PM   #15913
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

I didn't even know Insomnia was a remake! That's easily my favorite Nolan film that I've seen (which means I liked it more than Batman Begins, Memento and *bleck* Inception).

But maybe I'll watch Batman Begins again. It certainly couldn't hurt!
Old 07.17.2012, 02:29 PM   #15914
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

The story would've been thought provoking had I never seen Eternal Sunshine, The Matrix, or Nightmare on Elm Street III: The Dream Warriors before. I just found it to be pretty dull, and not nearly as smart as it thought it was.

A lot of people liked it. Especially on this board. So I might just be barking up the wrong tree.

Oh well, time to read more Spidey comics.
Old 07.17.2012, 03:05 PM   #15915
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses

5/10
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2012, 03:42 PM   #15916
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I watched ''The Cranes Are Flying'' by Mikhail Kalatozov, a great Russian movie which inspired Pink Reason's song of the same name. The opening scenes alone won me over straight away.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2012, 04:57 PM   #15917
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I watched ''The Cranes Are Flying'' by Mikhail Kalatozov, a great Russian movie which inspired Pink Reason's song of the same name. The opening scenes alone won me over straight away.

That's a fucking AMAZING film!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2012, 08:36 PM   #15918
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Watching "Silent House" as I type this, and waiting to be frightened. But the dad is at least hot.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2012, 08:45 PM   #15919
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Officially scared now. I am a sucker for horror movies. And I have to pee, but I'm too scared to walk to the bathroom. I am stuck on the sofa with my woobie.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2012, 08:47 PM   #15920
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

Scorpio Rising

Still for me one of the best things ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvelqm7rcII

Yeah, me too. Incredible. I have watched this a few times in the last two weeks, actually. Finally got the whole Magick Lantern cycle set, and I also love listening to Anger's commentary on there.
Never, ever get sick of any of these. SR is a huge favorite.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
696746786793794795 796 797798799806846896 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth