Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page 2,946 Homicides LOS ANGELES Times Interactive Map 2007-2010
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.13.2010, 01:20 PM   #41
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
well good luck.

my opinion is that bush era economic policies (and obamas to but not as much) are going to utterly screw you in the end. i mean they are already screwing about 85% of the people, that number gets bigger the farther you go with free market fundamentalism.

i would agree with you to a certain extent that repub economics are better short term. in the long term they are devastating. i mean neo liberalism is a fantasy ideology that only ideologue partisans can believe in since those with any power already had to deal with its UNAVOIDABLE FAILURES WHEN ENCOUNTERING A PESKY THING LIKE REALITY.

so unless you are talking about a randian free market fundamentalism which is also simply insane i don't see much hope for things remaining the way they are.

the type of economics actually practiced in america do very well at adding new billions to the pockets of the richest 2 percent. everybody else gets fucked. the countries infastructure is collapsing, the middle class is disappearing. none of this bodes well.

but its kind of irrelevant since american social democratic capitalism is collapsing anyway and you're an empire beginning its death throes.

also what do you think all those poor and down trodden people fucked over by the system as it is now are going to do when it no longer can provide ANY meagre sustenance?

i guess you have your guns at the ready in texas.

will be watching with popcorn and coke to see how it plays out.

its not like it isn't very similar in the uk but we don't have guns here. well in n.i. we do but they are very hard to get and quite rare. we will prob lapse back into our tribal cath/prod politics which is about the same as your lib/con division.

the welfare state is going to be shredded soon, along with medicaid and any meagre support. you'll get something close to your randian fantasy which only works for about 3%. the rest are already coming close to breaking point and will eventually rise up in some form or other.

i'm not blaming you for living in repub states or anything, i can see the appeal. i can understand why you're laughing at liberals in california getting into debt to try and provide some meagre support and education for those that will probably not use it do anything profitable because they all dream of being artists anyway. and i can see why you're laughing at a bunch of stoners who lapse into self defeating depression whenever they realise that their hedonistic idiocy and belief that feeling anti racist after watching comedy central will MAKE EVERYONE EQUAL AND NOT HAVE TO HAVE LIKE JOBS AND NO MONEY AND ALL THAT LAME SHIT.

just don't get too cocky or else you'll go down with them.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2010, 05:30 PM   #42
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
& What's the point of this thread? What do you/I/we plan on doing about it.

(Im in a saucey mood tonight)
now you know and..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2010, 05:18 AM   #43
moppity
little trouble girl

moppity kicks all y'all's assesmoppity kicks all y'all's assesmoppity kicks all y'all's assesmoppity kicks all y'all's assesmoppity kicks all y'all's assesmoppity kicks all y'all's assesmoppity kicks all y'all's assesmoppity kicks all y'all's assesmoppity kicks all y'all's assesmoppity kicks all y'all's assesmoppity kicks all y'all's asses
I find the American obsession with freedom/liberty really interesting. It seems like such a great ideal, but it's like there's some sort of trade off between "free from" (ie, freedom from political oppression) and "free to" (ie, freedom in opportunity).
moppity is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2010, 05:24 AM   #44
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
the american conception of freedom and liberty expressed in their most eloquent terms means:

ME MONEY! NO U TELL WHAT TO DO! GUNS + PUSSY FUCK U I AM WHAT I AM FUCK OFF MONEY CARS SHOOT ARRRRRRRGGGGG! FLAG DONT TELL ME IM NOT IMMORTAL MY RIGHT TO SHOOT YOU MY RIGHT TO KILL MYSELF ARRGGGG GO TEAM SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS WIN YES MONEY GOD IS ME I KILL YOU GOD AND STEAL YOUR MONAY ARGG FU DOPHIN!
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth