Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Want to buy a HAREM FUZZ pedal!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.17.2014, 09:01 AM   #1
benjemima
empty page

benjemima has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Hi Fellow SYers

Does anyone out there have a HAREM FUZZ pedal they would consider selling me pleasE?

Thanks.
benjemima is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2014, 11:10 AM   #2
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Great name. No.

Ah Thurston owns a Harem, how fitting. What next? Arab language goo t-shirt designs!! er you daft fanboy?!
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2014, 02:57 AM   #3
benjemima
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Great name. No.

Ah Thurston owns a Harem, how fitting. What next? Arab language goo t-shirt designs!! er you daft fanboy?!

Im not sure I understand any of that at all??
Old 10.22.2014, 01:35 PM   #4
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
I owned one for a brief period of time and sold it.

Its a good Big Muff clone (Its more Rams Head version-like than Sovtek/Russian to my ears) though to me not essential, I would try to find a good diy/clone of a sovtek or make one yourself via general guitar gadgets dot com, it will be much cheaper than trying to find any older production big muff (pre-2000-ish)

I let it go because I have too many Big Muff type pedals and now I stick w/ an army green tall font Sovtek and occasionally pull out my 70's Deluxe Big Muff (the one J Mascis used on the 1st Dinosaur album) of which I did a minor mod that runs the compressor in series w/ the fuzz/distortion which gives the whole signal a serious BOOST, makes it the loudest most outrageous fuzz I have ever played thru. A trick I found online that was originally published in an effects units newsletter from the 70's/80's...

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2014, 10:58 AM   #5
benjemima
empty page

Thanks for the detailed response.

I am a bit of a boutique pedal nerd and like to try things myself and also enjoy the artwork etc....

Big Muff sound is a little ubiquitous for my liking and a little too 'creamy'. The green sovtek tall fonts are my favourite muff I think.

Have you heard the death by audio fuzz pedals?? they are NICE.
Old 10.24.2014, 08:35 PM   #6
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjemima
Thanks for the detailed response.

I am a bit of a boutique pedal nerd and like to try things myself and also enjoy the artwork etc....

Big Muff sound is a little ubiquitous for my liking and a little too 'creamy'. The green sovtek tall fonts are my favourite muff I think.

Have you heard the death by audio fuzz pedals?? they are NICE.

I had a 2 knob fuzz war briefly and sold it, it was nice but in my opinion only had one "sweet spot" and the tone control provides too much treble in its sweep, i determined i wasn't going to need it or use it since i prefer my big muff, and the only other type of fuzzes i really like is fuzz face and maybe a tonebender.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth