Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Fall to Tour America This Summer
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.14.2006, 08:18 AM   #1
HairwayToSteven
children of satan

HairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's asses
Damn, looks like I'm going to be making lots of trips up Minneapolis/St Paul in the next couple months.

From pitchfork.com

David Nadelle reports:
For 30 years now, Mark E. Smith, the Fall's unrelenting and uncompromising leader, has tongue-lashed audiences with pulsating songs, bewildering wordplay, and that oh-so-famous accent. (He has also lashed his fellow band members with fists and telephone poles, but that's another matter.)

This summer, Smith will take his boxing ring on the road, with a month-long tour of the United States (broken up by a week-long recording stint in Los Angeles). While the band is busy sticking it to America, on May 15, their 1995 rarities collection The Twenty-Seven Points and 2001 album Are You Are Missing Winner will be reissued in the UK by Castle/Sanctuary.

Every nation's saving grace:

04-21 Berlin, Germany - Maria am Ostbahnhof
05-02 Austin, TX - Stubb's *
05-04 Dallas, TX - Gypsy Tea Room *
05-06 Tucson, AZ - Club Congress *
05-07 Phoenix, AZ - Brickhouse Theater *
05-09 San Diego, CA - House of Blues *
05-11 Pomona, CA - Glass House *
05-13 Los Angeles, CA - Knitting Factory *
05-14 San Francisco, CA - The Independent *
05-23 Los Angeles, CA - Knitting Factory *
05-24 Salt Lake City, UT - The Depot *
05-26 Boulder, CO - Boulder Theater *
05-27 Kansas City, MO - Record Bar *
05-29 Minneapolis, MN - Varsity Theatre *
05-30 Chicago, IL - Logan Square Auditorium *#
06-01 New York City, NY - Knitting Factory *
06-02 Brooklyn, NY - Southpaw *

* with the Talk
# with the Cairo Gang

The Fall's 30th anniversary will be celebrated with an art exhibition which will run from May 18 to June 12 at the Praxis Hagen Gallery in Berlinof. The event, entitled "Paintwork", features paintings, drawings, videos, sculptures, and performances by associates of the band as well as those influenced by them.

On May 9, while in San Diego, the Fall will make an appearance on the television show "Fox Rox", on, um, Fox. We've never seen the show, but we're pretty sure it sux.
HairwayToSteven is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 01:42 PM   #2
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
and sure enough no near ky
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 01:48 PM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Damn no DC/Baltimore/Philly.....I missed them a year or so ago when they played.
Old 04.14.2006, 03:07 PM   #4
xpresswaytoyrskull
little trouble girl

xpresswaytoyrskull ain't too shabby
I think I'll attend BOTH Arizona shows!
xpresswaytoyrskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth