Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page First time hearing Dinosaur Jr. Just aquired and listened to 3 of thiers
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.11.2006, 05:40 PM   #1
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
I bought You're living all over me, Bug, and Where you been?

I listened to an album a day for 3 days.

I'm quite impressed. Really really good shit. Even the stuff that isn't that psychadellic is just really REALLY good rock music. My opinions. You're living all over me is my fave, and I liked Where you been alot more than I liked Bug. So YLAOM and Where you been are the two I really love. I love them alot.
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 06:00 PM   #2
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
i just got into d.j. also! youre living all over me i think is my fave. i downloaded , dinosaur, youre living all over me, and bug. im glad i was introduced to them
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 06:08 PM   #3
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
You're Living All Over Me and Bug are classic. The rest of the stuff they did isn't that great, in my opinion. Dinosaur is a weird folk-rock thing and Green Mind is a decent little pop album. I don't at all like the rest of the stuff.

But they are an amazing band on YLAOM and Bug. Those are 2 of the best albums ever.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 06:52 PM   #4
!@#%$!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
I bought You're living all over me, Bug, and Where you been?

I listened to an album a day for 3 days.

I'm quite impressed. Really really good shit. Even the stuff that isn't that psychadellic is just really REALLY good rock music. My opinions. You're living all over me is my fave, and I liked Where you been alot more than I liked Bug. So YLAOM and Where you been are the two I really love. I love them alot.

Don't overwhelm yourself there, buddy! There's always tomorrow. I would take it album by album. Buying 3 albums and trying to get a grasp on them all at the same time doesn't really allow you the chance to really enjoy the albums fully because you're always "waiting for the next disc or song".
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 11:12 PM   #5
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDom
But they are an amazing band

I can vouch for that. I just saw them last week, & they still are fucking kicking ass.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 11:21 PM   #6
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i like hand it over because it's so different from anything else, it's like country, hard rock ballads and shoegazer rolled into the guitar and throat of j mascis
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 11:24 PM   #7
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
I think Dino Jr.'s best-of cd title is fucking great. "Ear Bleeding Country"
But, I guess that should go in the coolest album titles thread. Oh well.
-George Carlin
Old 04.11.2006, 11:28 PM   #8
RockerNino
bad moon rising

RockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's asses
I've been thinking about getting Where You Been?. i have the first three albums, which i love. any input on if i should get it. by the way. YLAOM is their best...hands down. i love that album.
RockerNino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 11:34 PM   #9
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I love it. If you like Green Mind (my fave) then get it!
Old 04.11.2006, 11:43 PM   #10
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
No one has mentioned Green Mind, which tends to be grossly overlooked. Not necessarily my fav, but a great fucking album.

Look above ya
Old 04.11.2006, 11:43 PM   #11
RockerNino
bad moon rising

RockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's asses
im going to see them on the 29th or the 30th in LA. i saw them at their last tour. great stuff, but the PA system was weird and i could barely hear the vocals. hopefully the next concert will be a better experience.

Kegmama- Thanks for the input. i saw it a record store the other day, ill prob go pick it up sometime before the show.
Old 04.11.2006, 11:46 PM   #12
RockerNino
bad moon rising

but what about any j mascic and the fog? i heard there is one with like kevin shields and all these other amazing musicians and its suppose to be amazingly good. any input on that?
Old 04.11.2006, 11:49 PM   #13
RockerNino
bad moon rising

what a second. ii am going to the troubadour show, but i dont know which day. are those days on the 22nd and 23rd? or 29th and 30th? either way, i forgot because the tix are at home and im at school like 20 mins away. i saw them at the House of Blues in Anaheim during the reunion tour.
Old 04.11.2006, 11:52 PM   #14
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Great minds...

Exactly.

RockerNino-The Fog are good. If you like J then you will probably like them!
Old 04.11.2006, 11:53 PM   #15
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerNino
but what about any j mascic and the fog? i heard there is one with like kevin shields and all these other amazing musicians and its suppose to be amazingly good. any input on that?

J.Mascis+The Fog is an amazing group. I saw them a few years back, & it was a great show in a small club. Coudn't ask for a better atmosphere.
The only 3 album names I know From J.Mascis+The Fog is,
"More Light"
"Free So Free"
& J.'s acoustic recordings.
All are fucking excellent.
-George Carlin
Old 04.11.2006, 11:55 PM   #16
RockerNino
bad moon rising

Yea. i saw comets on fire at an SY show at the House of Blues in San Diego. Ill definately look into all the J recommendations made tonight. Thanks guys. Maybe im going to the same show Kegmama. If so, i hope well share an awesome experience and will be able to tell others about it.
Old 04.12.2006, 12:00 AM   #17
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
kegmama, I'll see you at the show. its @ the troubadour right? the 21st?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 12:01 AM   #18
RockerNino
bad moon rising

No, don't have it. I was gonna buy it at San Diego, but i didnt have any money and i havent gotten to it since. better look into that as well. one of my friends really liked COF
Old 04.12.2006, 12:22 AM   #20
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I'm trying to sneak into any one of em so I'll just try the 4/22 show instead.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth