Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Recommend me 2011 albums
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.19.2011, 12:04 PM   #41
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
There's never a year that's slower than others, it just comes down to how well you can find new artists.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2011, 06:07 PM   #42
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
what I should have said is, "for the first year in a while, I've paid virtually no attention to music"
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2011, 07:55 PM   #43
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
There's never a year that's slower than others, it just comes down to how well you can find new artists.

I agree with half of this... I think someone can find new music just fine, yet still be disappointed with most of it.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2011, 02:42 AM   #44
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
this is a very good record: http://hengebeat.bandcamp.com/

very good live band aswell...
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2011, 04:53 AM   #45
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
Come to the south and they'll get their ass kicked for being hipster punks.

this.
Old 12.20.2011, 05:13 AM   #46
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Has anyone got more energy than myself to explain to both foreverasskiss and E.Nosefield why they're a pair of idiots? I know this is an easy task, but I'm late for my caffeine fix.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2011, 05:22 AM   #47
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Y'all be nice.
Old 12.20.2011, 05:31 AM   #48
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

5 30am, dude. Takin it you're not working today? And just for the record, you're definitely not an idiot. If anything ya understand the art of not taking yourself so seriously all the time. Go to sleep.
Old 12.20.2011, 10:53 AM   #49
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
>2011
>Still complaining about pitchfork
Old 12.24.2011, 06:35 PM   #50
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Derek, what is your problem? Are you just one of those internet lurkers who looks for people to hate and then seeks out stupid reasons to insult them?

You're insulting us because we think it's possible for music to be better some years than others........ Oh my god, what idiots we are!

...and what free time you have my dear!!

Don't be an internet hater. It just isn't cool, and it really gives people the impression that you're a lonely, sulky person with nothing better to do.
Old 12.25.2011, 05:58 AM   #51
Derek
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
Derek, what is your problem? Are you just one of those internet lurkers who looks for people to hate and then seeks out stupid reasons to insult them?

You're insulting us because we think it's possible for music to be better some years than others........ Oh my god, what idiots we are!

...and what free time you have my dear!!

Don't be an internet hater. It just isn't cool, and it really gives people the impression that you're a lonely, sulky person with nothing better to do.
Fuck off you cunt.

x
Old 12.25.2011, 10:35 PM   #52
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

Right. Well then.
Old 12.26.2011, 06:44 AM   #53
Derek
invito al cielo

Look you haven't been here long so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but some time ago this forum was actually a hotbed for discussion with Glice, atsonicpark, n'ik and others firing on all cyclinders about all sorts of topics. Slowly this wave of users died out and now this forum is a mangled corpse for whatever new user decides to sign up and make assertions about whatever generic topic someone who likes Sonic Youth would discuss.

And this isn't a 'gtfo noob' post either, I'm a relatively new member in the context of the board's history but the users replacing the old members are subpar and much like new episodes of the Simpsons, I can't help but criticize it again and again.
Old 12.26.2011, 03:46 PM   #54
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
this year i really enjoyed Fire! with Jim O, Kieran Hebden Steve Reid and Mats Gustafason and PJ Harvey

every now and again an album comes along which oozes quality from every inch. every note is perfect, every sound is spot on, every song is stunning.
in a year where "folk" seemed to be the new cool and every one was wearing a waste coat and playing a fiddle PJ came along and showed what a folk album should be.
Combining beautiful sounds with horrendous images

i got the same kind of feeling when Portishead released Third a few years ago

(also, i think Tune Yards was wicked this year too)
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2011, 06:15 PM   #55
Derek
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertonic
Thank you. I feel similar. I was late to join in on some of the stimulating convo's but learned tremendous amount of info and various music through some amazing individuals here. That's why I posted about the lack of postworthy ideas here recently. First thing I learned was to think twice before posting BS here. This should be a place for quality. And respect. (Where the fuck is A.C.?)
Adam is taking a break from the internet apparently but I really doubt he'll find it worth his time coming back here when he's back online.
Old 12.26.2011, 07:52 PM   #56
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

Isn't that always the case with every forum? Everyone always yearning for the good ol' days?

Anyway, all I'm saying is that there weren't many albums that interested me this year. At least not many that I have yet been exposed to. So, slow year. Where the beef, chief?
Old 12.26.2011, 09:00 PM   #57
Derek
invito al cielo

i got one felony. i got two felonies
i got three felonies. i got four felonies
i got five felonies. i got six feloines
i got seven felonies. bitch, i'm bill bellamy
i got eight felonies. i got nine felonies
and if i'm fucking lying, turn my soul into a skeleton
niggas know whats up, i'll come in and i will get you
a hunnid grand show just to show em' i'm a pimp too

i got one felony. i got two felonies
i got three felonies. i got four felonies
i got five felonies. i got six feloines
i got seven felonies. bitch, i'm bill bellamy
i got eight felonies. i got nine felonies
i got ten felonies. bitch, i'm bill bellamy

you going shopping. fuck going shopping
tiny pants goon, pink shirt and a chopper
i'ma come in and i'mma straight disrespect
i'ma tell you like this, i'mma show you who's the bitch
got a armenian girlfriend and she fuck wit' me
pull the hammer out and make the bitch 360
i swear to god, i'mma go so fucking dumb
the bitch call me r. kelly, i'mma fuck her in the ass (swag!)

west-side gangstas. south-side gangstas
east-side gangstas. north-side gangstas
waterfront boy, i'mma rep' til' i'm ancient
bitch, i go dumb and i'm hyphy and all of that
bitchmob, prett boy. nigga, you better fall back
young basedgod, i run this shit and i'm all that
still got the glock and i still got the forty
put me under pressure and i'm pull a robert horry (shoot!)

you know these niggas talking bout'
what they doing
like i said, i got ten felonies. bitch, i'm bill bellamy

i got the streets back
i took the streets back over just like that

lil' b. i am the hood, nigga
let's get it. i'm bill bellamy. let's get it...
Old 12.26.2011, 11:30 PM   #58
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertonic
And respect.

I just can't see how it's being respectful when you insult a user/users for not interesting you. That's being a crybaby over something silly as far as I'm concerned. I think there should be less arguing over it and more sharing new things and turning people onto new things as well if you're so wise about it. If the board has gone downhill and you aren't enthralled by anyone, what's the point of sticking around just to ridicule the new people rather than trying to make the place more interesting yourself?
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2011, 04:28 AM   #59
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
commercial rap kills braincells
ignorant.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2011, 04:35 AM   #60
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Kanye's music is better than any of the "swag" rappers you guys always hype up for a short while, then say they suck a couple of months later when it ain't so cool to like them anymore (*cough* first OF, now A$AP & Lil B)..
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth