Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I have my first job interview
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.22.2006, 07:53 PM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha ha emmah, you pothead...

he may have been able to spot you, especially if he's a pothead himslf. if you're going to be working stoned, i suggest steer clear of corporate outfits & look for a record store/ independent video store or some place where your altered state will be an advantage; and wherever you go, stay clear of cash registers or meat slicing machines. a small distraction and... ouch!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2006, 08:02 PM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
you know then it's better if you don't get it because if you do you'll suffer. jobs that violate your essential nature are a crime against yourself. i'm practically unemployable due to my "fuck you" attitude towards authority, but i'm doing quite well as a self-employed person.
Old 11.22.2006, 08:15 PM   #23
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

and on that note, aren't you some kind of kickass photographer?

you could start working as a photographer's assistant perhaps or something on that field. don't use work as a means for self-destruction, like most people do, but follow your passions & you'll always find a way to make money with them. (and no, i don't mean become a pot dealer, ha ha, please don't). :P
Old 11.23.2006, 03:16 PM   #24
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
you got it?
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2006, 06:32 PM   #25
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I want to work in Borders. Once I was confused for an employee by some customers and I actually helped them to find the books they wanted, because I felt special.

You have to 18+ to work there because they sell DVDs.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2006, 06:32 PM   #26
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
I told you to tell the interviewer you really like teamworking!

Damn. I used to work really loaded at the Home Depot. Nobody always did notice i was flying high. Nobody realizes that unless they´re into drugs too.

EDIT

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2006, 11:59 PM   #27
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
I told you to tell the interviewer you really like teamworking!

Damn. I used to work really loaded at the Home Depot. Nobody always did notice i was flying high. Nobody realizes that unless they´re into drugs too.

When I was a youngster, I'd go to work stoned sometimes. As luck would have it, the manager would choose that day to stick me on the busiest cash register. This happened one time when I worked in a busy downtown drug store (yeah, ha ha), and I had such a hard time counting change (back in the days before the register figured it for you), that I had a line of about 20 people stretching down the aisle. I'm sure, this being in a college town, that every one of those people in line could tell I was stoned. I got so paranoid and nervous, that eventually the manager came up and relieved me. I think she just thought I was stupid and not stoned, becuz she never said anything about it.

This other time, I was a sales clerk in a small camera store. I told this girl I worked with I was going to do it, and when I came in stoned the next day, she knew immediately, and then purposely did things all day to make me laugh. Worse, everything the manage said and did (who was a real dork) was incredibly hilarious to me, and I just grinned and grinned when he talked to me, then I'd sneak a look at the girl, and we'd break out in hysterical laughter. He looked puzzled and amused, but he never suspected anything.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2006, 02:03 PM   #28
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMAh
I actually applied at Blacks hahah. I want ot work there so badly but I think they're looking for someone with more experience. There are a lot of photo places around here though so I'm going to apply at all of them. Working in photography would be the sweetest job ever.

see, sweetie, the way to go about your job search is to stick to your passions and try to find any kind of work in photography, rather than trying to get any kind of job anywhere.there is work, i guarantee you, if you search thoroughly enough. forget about immolating yourself in the altar of corporate jobs. perhaps you think unconsciously that if it doesn't entail suffering it's not a job? well you don't have to suffer or live like a fish out of water in order to make money. on the contrary, the more you enjoy your job the better you'll do and the more people will pay you.

you could start working for free, as an intern, and as you gain experience people will start hiring you. usually after 3 months or so people will want to hire you if you are doing any kind of good job. so if you can live 3 more months "unemployed" you could score a nice job at the end of that time.

the other path is to be a freelancer or to even just take photos & see who can buy them. don't think that you have to be a superprofessional, not everybody is willing to pay big bucks for a pro, and so you can fill in a niche for people who need budget photo.

anyway i hope this turns out well for you.

btw a little google yielded me these links:

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/f-jobs-tv-me...n-W0QQCatIdZ55

http://web.ncf.ca/dw413/rw_phlst.htm

http://ottawastart.com/business.shtml

http://www.hotgigs.com/types/Creativ...contract_jobs/

btw i read your photoshop request thread. would be cool if you can get good at photoshop too.
Old 11.25.2006, 11:50 AM   #29
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
good luck, emmah
Old 11.25.2006, 11:59 AM   #30
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
What, like "adult" DVDs?

Yeah, but not in that sense. Stuff with tasteless nudity and unnessecary violence and whatever.
Old 11.25.2006, 05:19 PM   #31
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
I interview people a lot and I hate it. You pretty much know from the offset if somebody is going to be any good, but you have to go through the whole process anyway.

But good luck with your interview. Just think of all the money you'll have.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2006, 05:39 PM   #32
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Pookie's gaze penetrates the soul.
It's part of the package deal of sweet super-powers he got by being in league with Satan.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2006, 05:44 PM   #33
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
How can you tell just by looking at someone?

Not just by looking. But within the first minute you can tell if somebody is personable, intelligent, and actually WANTS to be there.

But my gaze does penetrate the soul.
Old 11.25.2006, 05:48 PM   #34
blastscenealibi
bad moon rising

blastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=EMMAh]Alright, a couple questions.
What is a good lie/answer for a questions like
"
"What would you do if a customer is complaining to you and there is also someone on the phone asking you to find something for them?"

Give the phone to the complainer and say 'Here, talk to my supervisor about it.'
blastscenealibi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2006, 05:49 PM   #35
Pookie
invito al cielo

I said I conduct interviews. I'm the WORST person at being interviewed.

What I always look for is honesty. I think I'm pretty good at telling if somebody is bullshitting.

The trouble with most interviews is that they are planned and conducted along strict guidelines. The interviewer is looking to tick all the right boxes. So you have to give the right answers, but you don't know what the right answers are.

I've always used instinct and I've never been wrong yet. I have a fantastic team of staff as a result.
Old 11.25.2006, 05:56 PM   #36
Pookie
invito al cielo

The trick is to come and work for me. I've offered porkmarras a job before but he didn't seem very interested.

And Diesel's right. It's really difficult getting a half-way decent job if you've never worked before.
Old 11.26.2006, 06:34 PM   #37
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

I tend to lie to be social too. I got interviewed by the school guidance counsellor the other day and she asked me about the current state of my social life, and I said 'like everybody else's'.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth