Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Jani's At The Mercy Of Her Mind
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.29.2009, 05:44 AM   #1
sarramkrop

The story of a little girl born mentallly ill.
http://www.latimes.com/features/heal...,4834892.story
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2009, 05:53 AM   #2
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
she'll be collaborating with Beck before she hits double figures
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2009, 06:06 AM   #3
sarramkrop

I found that article very interesting and very sad at the same time. It was posted by Bill Orcutt on Facebook.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2009, 06:39 AM   #4
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
I bet she'll be immensely succesfull in her life.
other option is that by the age of 19 she'll be posting stories about her fucked up life to the internet.

It's pretty interesting though, she seems quite intelligent considering her age, I had no idea what schizophrenia is when I was six.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2009, 06:56 AM   #5
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
That was an interesting read, cheers
Old 08.29.2009, 07:37 AM   #6
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
I've always worried that my kids will turn out like that. I've had a few problems in the past and both my dad and one of my cousins have had epic mental health issues.
Old 08.29.2009, 07:53 AM   #7
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
There are also some mental health issues in my family and to be honest, I'm not the most sanest of all people(i'm clinical depressed which is a personal side effect arsperger symdrome which I have) even lately I am doing for once extremely well.

Still it's sick that your six and already have schizophrenia.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2009, 08:08 AM   #8
sarramkrop

Personally is the fact that she was born with it that I find weird. It's not the first time I've heard of kids that age having severe mental health issues. When I was a kid my eldest sister sometimes used to take me to see a couple who are friends with her and had a dangerously mental daughter around the same age as Jani. She was prone to vicious outbursts towards other kids, including me, and often of a violent nature, for no reason whatsoever. I can't remember now what her problem was (is?), but for what I can recall it showed the characteristics of a schizophrenic.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2009, 10:15 AM   #9
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
That article is fucking amazing. It sounds like she's got total synaesthesia. The fact that she's called January and she sees animals she names days of the week! Her brother is called fucking Bodhi! Obviously, this has to give evidence of a genetic basis of psychosis. Which, given that her parents are raging hippies (January and Bodhi are not reasonable names for normal children, I'm afraid), would suggest that there's latent proper mental in both. But calling the son 'Bodhi' because he's (presumably) not psychotic! AMAZING! So perfect I have to be a little sceptical of the validity of the article.

"I'd rather be 16," Jani says, putting a hand on her hip and tossing a flirty look over her shoulder. "I'm 14 on weekends, Thursdays, Wednesdays and Tuesdays." The fact that you can't differentiate between the layers of so-say 'failed' metonymy innate to her world... I'm genuinely amazed by this.

Herr Rail could probably speak better on this subject, and I reckon it could potentially be of use for his current project; I don't know how much he wants known publically about this, but suffice it to say he's very knowledgeable about psychosis in theory.

I'm so excited, I just used a semi-colon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2009, 10:17 AM   #10
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
And while I always rep Marras for his blithely calling someone a cunt, the rare times he posts something of genuine, actual value that reminds me why I continue to post on this God-forsaken forum, 'you must blah blah'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2009, 10:30 AM   #11
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Obviously, this has to give evidence of a genetic basis of psychosis.

This is exactly why the article caught my imagination.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2009, 10:31 AM   #12
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
What a fascinating but sad article.
Old 08.29.2009, 01:10 PM   #13
sarramkrop

January First (Notes from Calalini)
http://www.januaryfirst.org/www.janu...Blog/Blog.html

her father's blog
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2009, 02:29 PM   #14
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
my assistant has a son who is schizophrenic. he has been since he was about 13. I thought THAT was an early age and he's even obviously less severe than this girl.

I can't image how her family manages. it makes a person thankful.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2009, 06:48 PM   #15
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Oh wow, such a sad story.
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2009, 01:49 AM   #16
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
I've been thinking about her all day. That blog of her dad's is so very eloquently written, and very honest. It's wonderful that her parents care so much and have seemingly endless amounts of persistence. It sounds like they've adapted to whatever is consistent about Jani and have learned what works to get her through the day. Remarkable.

Makes me wonder though at any kids out there who were similarly born with an illness like this (or it at least set in so young), but did not have the parents/opportunities to be properly diagnosed and cared for.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2009, 02:22 AM   #17
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
oh my god. thank you for this article. so fascinating.
i have to write a song about this.

two little girls named 100 Degrees and 24 Hours; 200-the-Rat; Magical 61-the-Cat; and 400.
"I'd rather be 16," Jani says, putting a hand on her hip and tossing a flirty look over her shoulder. "I'm 14 on weekends, Thursdays, Wednesdays and Tuesdays."

She pauses. "All except for Mondays."

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth