Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page 10 questions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.31.2008, 12:06 AM   #1
artsygrrl
the end of the ugly

artsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's asses
ok...we already know your favorite foods and what movie you last saw. We even know about your sex life. so...um...here's some more if you want to answer.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

1. What was the first concert you ever want to?
2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog/cat/squirrel/ect.?
3. What is yr drink of choice?
4. Have you ever made an ass out of yourself at a party?
5. Have you ever met anyone famous?
6. Name your worst nightmare.
7. What is the coolest t-shirt you own?
8. Who is your hero?
9. Are you or ever have been in a band?
10. Where would be your dream vacation?
artsygrrl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 12:13 AM   #2
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
1. my mum took me to the grateful dead as a small child
2. yes
3. red bull & vodka
4. yes
5. yes
6. breaking my nose
7. i have no idea, i have a lot of cool t shirts
8. no one
9. yes i have and yes i (sort of) am
10. the south of france is lovely
Old 03.31.2008, 12:13 AM   #3
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
1. What was the first concert you ever want to? Sonic Youth Daydream Nation show.
2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog/cat/squirrel/ect.? Not that I can remember.
3. What is yr drink of choice? Iced coffee
4. Have you ever made an ass out of yourself at a party? No
5. Have you ever met anyone famous? No
6. Name your worst nightmare. I don't know, but last night I dreamt I went to a Jesus & Mary Chain concert with my friend, and Jim Reid was rude to her, so my friend made me feel bad for liking the JAMC.
7. What is the coolest t-shirt you own? My SY one, my Cure one, my Television one etc.
8. Who is your hero? Thurston Moore, Lee Ranaldo, Graeme Downes, Claudius Kielholz, Johnny Marr, Tom Verlaine, Richard Lloyd, Syd Barrett
9. Are you or ever have been in a band? No, but I'd like to form a band, though no one in my area is into the same sort of music as me.
10. Where would be your dream vacation? I'm not sure yet.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 12:17 AM   #4
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses

!!! + The Bellrays + Radio 4 @ Les Nuits Secrètes (Aulnoyes-Aymeries), August 14th 2006

Of Course

Coca Cola

Actually I don't like to party that much, so no

Not really

Too hard

Well I only own black/grey/white T-shirts without anything on it

8. Who is your hero?

Too many people are heroes for me...

I write music alone, but I'm also doing a band via Internet with a friend, we send fragments and put them together to do something well, the band is called The Rainy Storm Firecloud Implosion, but we haven't done anything for almost a year now.

A place with lots of gigs, lots of CDs, and lots of money to buy them all
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 12:18 AM   #5
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Youth, at the Secret Show in L.A.
Cat
Sprite
No, hardly go to parties.
No, you would assume that since I live in L.A.
Staying in L.A.
Several Sonic Youth Shirts, and Velvet Underground
8. Who is your hero?
My Dad.
No, but would love to.
London.
Old 03.31.2008, 12:27 AM   #6
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
1. weird al yankovich, i was 7
2. my now deceased bulldog bentley, he was an amazing dog but he got old and senile, i miss him like crazy, he only died a month and a half ago
3. iced coffee, gatorade x factor, heineken
4. all too many times, i dont have what you would call, limits, on my drug and booze intake, but thats all in good fun.
5. i know jacob bannon personally, tom lehrer, a satirical musician and mathmeticiain is my uncle, i met john lithgow in nyc, my gay uncles partner is jeffrey sellers one of the two producers of broadway musical rent, various musicians at shows
6. they always have to do with abandonment and being stalked by uknown individuals.
7.i like my home tie dyed negative approach t shirt, cuz it just resembles me, a half pothead hippie half punk rocker
8. i have lots, but for simplicties sake ill just say hunter s thompson, as a journalist his personal and crazed style of writing made me realize that journalism can be more than dull documentation.
8. yes, a few, currently in a band called harrehcristiansen.
9. amsterdam was the most fun ive ever had on vacation, but i also wanna go to athens, greece, bangkok, thailand, all over japan, and egypt. travel is part of the reason i want to be a journalist, granted music doesnt work out for me, ill be able to see the world and write about it/

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 12:27 AM   #7
debradarko
little trouble girl

debradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's assesdebradarko kicks all y'all's asses
Green Day in 2005 hahaha
No
Sprite's good, Pepsi Max, etc
Don't go to parties much, so no
Billy Corgan, Evermore, Tim from the Whitlams (can't remember his last name), Gerard Way (it was just an autograph so I didn't really meet him). I can't remember anyone else.
I'm not sure
My World of Warcraft shirt (even though I don't play it), Sonic Youth, that's it I guess
8. Who is your hero?
I can't say anyone has saved my life so I have no hero
I wish
USA, Europe.

debradarko is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 12:33 AM   #8
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsygrrl
1. What was the first concert you ever want to? - Pink Floyd at Thebarton Oval in Adelaide on Feb 11 1988. I was 14.
2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog/cat/squirrel/ect.? - Pet Eel
3. What is yr drink of choice? - 2000 Clarendon Hills Merlot or 2004 Clarendon Hills Shiraz
4. Have you ever made an ass out of yourself at a party? - All the time
5. Have you ever met anyone famous? - Pass on this one
6. Name your worst nightmare. - Cultural Industries
7. What is the coolest t-shirt you own? - If it is too hot the the coolest T is no T
8. Who is your hero? - My mum
9. Are you or ever have been in a band? - Yes
10. Where would be your dream vacation? - Antarctica

-----------
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 12:34 AM   #9
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
1. What was the first concert you ever want to? Sonic Youth. It was great.
2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog/cat/squirrel/ect.? Yes/yes/no.
3. What is yr drink of choice? Ice water.
4. Have you ever made an ass out of yourself at a party? I once spilled a drink on a guy's shoe (twice within like 10 minutes) and I licked it off for a dollar. I guess that's the assiest I've ever gotten at a party.
5. Have you ever met anyone famous? No.
6. Name your worst nightmare. The one I had when I was 3 of this freaky one-dimentional alligator with a pink background and freaky music. Or the one I had after I watched Jurrasic Park for the first time; I was the guy on the toilet.
7. What is the coolest t-shirt you own? Oh, I don't know.
8. Who is your hero? I don't have heroes.
9. Are you or ever have been in a band? No.
10. Where would be your dream vacation? Some place with mountains or infinite valleys or something. Like Ireland or Sweden or Colorado. Y'know.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 12:38 AM   #10
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Journey with Bryan Adams opening on the Frontiers tour.

At age 4 I was nearly killed by a German Sheppard.

Grapefruit Crystal Geyser Juice Squeeze.

Yes, or so I've been told.

It depends what you mean by "met" and what you mean by "famous". I've met Thurston Moore a couple times at shows and signings in that we talked with each other. I know well people in demi-famous indie bands from Olympia, Kathleen, Calvin, Justin, Nomy, etc. because I lived there ten years and hung out in that "scene". Also been friends with Steve Turner of Mudhoney since the '80s and know Trail of Dead pretty well from the Olympia connection and my wife having been in the band long ago.

At this point, it would probably be losing my son somehow. Having been in the hospital fearing it, I pray it never happens.

I have a Sonic Youth NYC Ghosts and Flowers shirt that I was wearing when I played a Dead Air Fresheners show back when the group consisted of me on moog and Chris Smith of Karp fame on drums. Chris needed some padding for his kick drum, so I took off my shirt and handed it to him. He proceeded to put several holes in it playing our set, that I look at with affection today.

8. Who is your hero?
Thurston Moore, and I suppose I shouldn't feel as dorky posting that on the Sonic Youth message board as I do, but what the hell.

A few, but I've been in the Dead Air Fresheners now for close to 11 years straight.

A leisurely private cruise of the Mediterranean.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 12:40 AM   #11
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
6. Name your worst nightmare. Lung cancer, emphacyma etc. (I don't smoke).
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 12:44 AM   #12
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses

"want" or "went"? if it's "want", guns n' roses, i wanted to go so bad! the first i went was bon jovi and it was awesome!

gawd forbid.

coca-cola

ohh yes...

plenty of times but so what?

i'd call it "jeordie".

besides my homemade haino shirt, the one i'm more pumped about is corrupted's se hace por los suenos asesinos, i still can't believe i bought that here!

8. Who is your hero?

none.

am in one man bands, two. had a full band years ago.

a trip around the world.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 12:50 AM   #13
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Involuntary: Garth Brooks (I was 7ish and my parents were fans)
Voluntary: Sonic Youth
Yes
Non-alcoholic: Coca-cola (glass bottle, please)
Alcoholic:Vodka, straight
yes, and everywhere else for that matter
Anyone ever seen October Sky? Well, my dad is from the main character's hometown and I've met him (not Jake Gyllenhal, the guy he played), I guess he's famous being that he's an author and had a movie made about his life and all.
Needles and airplane crashes
Either my Simpsons treehouse of horror shirt (can't find a picture), my VU and Nico with the print on the inside of the shirt, or my SY Orange DDN shirt from Pitchfork
8. Who is your hero?
Washington Irving
I've jammed around a bit
A never-ending trip to Florence, Venice, Rome and anywhere else in Western Europe.
Old 03.31.2008, 12:51 AM   #14
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
1. What was the first concert you ever want to? Ozzfest '98.
2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog/cat/squirrel/ect.? A dog bit me on the ass.
3. What is yr drink of choice? SOYLATE MILK.
4. Have you ever made an ass out of yourself at a party? No.
5. Have you ever met anyone famous? Bill Gates, Steve Albini...

KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTERSPACE.
8. Who is your hero? None.
9. Are you or ever have been in a band? Nah.
10. Where would be your dream vacation? A nice tight asshole.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 12:59 AM   #15
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
the first one that i made an effort to be at was SY in June 06
no dogs, cats, or squirrels...
virgil's root beer after it has been in a freezer for 27 minutes
most likely yes
just musicians and athletes
that thing where the testicles get tangled up
some old silk pajama shirt from my grandfather... hugh hefner style
8. Who is your hero?
mom and dad
kind of... well not really... i kind of have my solo thing right now
big city: Tokyo/Paris/Prague/Buenos Aires
rest/relaxation: something on the mediterranean or french polynesia

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 01:02 AM   #16
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Ozzy in 94

No

Water or Patron shots

Once

yeah

drowning

right now, i'm really diggin this green mad v-neck

8. Who is your hero?
don't really have one

chyeah

i'm not quite sure.
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 01:05 AM   #17
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
1. What was the first concert you ever want to? Ozzfest '98.
2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog/cat/squirrel/ect.? A dog bit me on the ass.
3. What is yr drink of choice? SOYLATE MILK.
4. Have you ever made an ass out of yourself at a party? No.
5. Have you ever met anyone famous? Bill Gates, Steve Albini...

7. What is the coolest t-shirt you own? KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTERSPACE.
8. Who is your hero? None.
9. Are you or ever have been in a band? Nah.
10. Where would be your dream vacation? A nice tight asshole.

ozzfest 97 and 98 had great fukin lineups i remember.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 01:11 AM   #18
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
ozzfest 97 was the best: sabbath, pantera, fear factory (demanufacture era), machine head (the more things change era), neurosis, type o negative (well...). 98 had the melvins, megadeth, motörhead and tool but also limp bizkit (touring a good album but still...), soulfly and sevendust...now that i think of, it also had system of a down in the first album and incubus on s.c.i.e.n.c.e. snot was there too, they were fun. yeah, they were good.

i went to '04 and let me tell you there's nothing like going to ozzfest, what an experience.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 01:14 AM   #19
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
98 also had tool and deftones i believe.

great.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth