Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page niks albums of 08 list
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.25.2009, 11:55 AM   #1
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
all these are records i actually bought or downloaded and listened to the whole way thru unlike everybody elses list. i didn't listen to much this year because ive barely had any intynet. but that has meant i have bought vinyl and been less lazy and actually listened to what little ive had which has been good.

skaters - physicalities of ingrediential stairways
hospitals - hairdryer peace
the first record i had actually bought in about a year and the one that rekindled my interest in new music - sounds of pyschosis
james ferraro - multitopia
90210 - s/t
haemorraging foetus - procreation a disease/tangled desires
eat skull - sick to death
sic alps - a long way around to a shortcut
sic alps - US EZ
relegious knives - it's after dark
inca ore - birthday of bless you - i like this - it don't play it often but there is something understated and special about it
billy bao - dialectics of shit - fun with racism
evangelista - hello voyager! - it's not as good as some people have made out and i think the first evangelista record is better but it's still decent. one of the songs reminds me of disney. the violin one whichever that is.
harry pussy - you'll never play this town again
vibracathedral orchestra - the momentary aviary

shitlist-
no age - as i said before, if you are listening to this band you aren't using yr ears right
m83- remember emotronica?
the fall - imperial wax solvent - a few interesting references to victorian britain, one pisshead song - and then a halfassed drunken mediocre fall album - thats all it takes to get high up in the wire's top 100 list - even tho they've been slagging off mes all year and sayin he's run outta ideas - i guess they have column inchs to fill. do you think they even ENJOY music anymore?
nin - the slip

so far in 09 - alzheimer blanks are promising - animal collective is shit. drinking sainsburys organic orange juice and eating sainsburys organic chicken fajitas in a park with shorts and sandals on and this song on yr ipod and feeling all self conciouss and wanting to talk to those girls over there but it turns out they've only heard grass and don't think yr cool at all kinda shit. its not a good record. the cover art is more interesting than the songs.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2009, 01:32 PM   #2
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
SIC ALPS, HARRY PUSSY, HOSPITALS, excellent albums..im afraid ive yet to hear the others... skaters tho, real curious about that one!
Old 01.25.2009, 01:40 PM   #3
sarramkrop

That's a good list. I liked reading your comments too, something that rarely comes with them.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2009, 02:03 PM   #4
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Skaters are like the hugest "cool" band to like right now [along with Pocahaunted]. that being said, I do need a good starting point. suggestions?

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2009, 03:23 PM   #5
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
Skaters are like the hugest "cool" band to like right now

that's weird considering they were around for years and and broke up a few months ago
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2009, 03:37 PM   #6
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
all these are records i actually bought or downloaded and listened to the whole way thru unlike everybody elses list. i didn't listen to much this year because ive barely had any intynet. but that has meant i have bought vinyl and been less lazy and actually listened to what little ive had which has been good.

skaters - physicalities of ingrediential stairways
hospitals - hairdryer peace
the first record i had actually bought in about a year and the one that rekindled my interest in new music - sounds of pyschosis
james ferraro - multitopia
90210 - s/t
haemorraging foetus - procreation a disease/tangled desires
eat skull - sick to death
sic alps - a long way around to a shortcut
sic alps - US EZ
relegious knives - it's after dark
inca ore - birthday of bless you - i like this - it don't play it often but there is something understated and special about it
billy bao - dialectics of shit - fun with racism
evangelista - hello voyager! - it's not as good as some people have made out and i think the first evangelista record is better but it's still decent. one of the songs reminds me of disney. the violin one whichever that is.
harry pussy - you'll never play this town again
vibracathedral orchestra - the momentary aviary

shitlist-
no age - as i said before, if you are listening to this band you aren't using yr ears right
m83- remember emotronica?
the fall - imperial wax solvent - a few interesting references to victorian britain, one pisshead song - and then a halfassed drunken mediocre fall album - thats all it takes to get high up in the wire's top 100 list - even tho they've been slagging off mes all year and sayin he's run outta ideas - i guess they have column inchs to fill. do you think they even ENJOY music anymore?
nin - the slip

so far in 09 - alzheimer blanks are promising - animal collective is shit. drinking sainsburys organic orange juice and eating sainsburys organic chicken fajitas in a park with shorts and sandals on and this song on yr ipod and feeling all self conciouss and wanting to talk to those girls over there but it turns out they've only heard grass and don't think yr cool at all kinda shit. its not a good record. the cover art is more interesting than the songs.

i like yr list but need to check out a couple of things like; me of disney and haemorraging foetus.

what about Sun Araw? i didn't see this on anyones lists

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2009, 06:06 PM   #7
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
that's weird considering they were around for years and and broke up a few months ago

kids who listen to this music are weird

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2009, 06:12 PM   #8
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, No Age sucks a big dick. And not in a good way.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2009, 06:17 PM   #9
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
They're aren't awful but there are so many better bands out there doing the same thing.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2009, 05:49 AM   #10
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k

so far in 09 - alzheimer blanks are promising - animal collective is shit.

Been waiting on ANYTHING by the alzheimer blanks for about a year and a half. They've got a split 7" coming out this year on the Spanish Magic label (run by the dudes in Castings, two of which are also in the alzheimer blanks).

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth