Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Attn: Tesla
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.01.2008, 01:26 PM   #1
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
So a few minutes ago I am sitting at my computer in my office and my wife is sitting at her computer on hers. I have PC I built with my own hands, she has a Mac laptop.

My computer NEVER crashes, ok, maybe it crashes once a year. It's on a battery backup unit isolated from power failures. The Mac is meh, chess freezes on occasion.

Suddenly, and at the same time:

1) I got a Blue Screen of Death on my PC.

2) Her Mac froze up & stopped working.

We were in separate offices in the same house but heard each other yell & curse.

What the fuck? Radioactivity? Cosmic rays? UFOs?

Please explain.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2008, 01:28 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Are the computers connected via a network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2008, 01:30 PM   #3
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
(Actually, it could be something so simple as a an electricity surge, not big enough to short the switches but big enough to generate a BSOD and whatever the Mac equivalent is).

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 08.01.2008, 01:31 PM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Are the computers connected via a network?

both to the same dsl modem/router but not talking to each other--hers is on wireless & mine wired.

it's just the oddity of 2 computers crapping out at the same instant that made me think we had been attacked by invisible rays. or maybe it's the hole in the ozone.

Quote:
(Actually, it could be something so simple as a an electricity surge, not big enough to short the switches but big enough to generate a BSOD and whatever the Mac equivalent is).

well no, i'm on a 1500VA UPS and she's using a laptop where the battery deals with that sort of crap.

i'm saying, this is the work of UFOs or CIA operatives or both.
Old 08.01.2008, 01:31 PM   #5
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Coincidence. Sorted.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2008, 01:33 PM   #6
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Computers don't last forever , you know ( unlike you and your wife reciprocal love , maybe ).
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2008, 01:34 PM   #7
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Coincidence. Sorted.

killjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
Computers don't last forever , you know ( unlike you and your wife reciprocal love , maybe ).

but hers is new!

---

regardless, i'm going to the supermarket to stock up on tinfoil.

ps- this is in my town: http://www.atomicmuseum.com/
Old 08.01.2008, 01:44 PM   #8
Glice
invito al cielo

Fairly unlikely - the only thing that connects the two is the electricity supply and the router. Has to be one of those two. Of course, someone with access to your home network could, in theory, cunt both your computers, but it's unlikely. Generally speaking, it's all quite unlikely. Mac/ PC networks (even if it's just sharing the same router) are cunts, in my experience (and if my housemates are reading - Macs are for gays).

Quote:
Old 08.01.2008, 01:57 PM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Fairly unlikely - the only thing that connects the two is the electricity supply and the router. Has to be one of those two. Of course, someone with access to your home network could, in theory, cunt both your computers, but it's unlikely. Generally speaking, it's all quite unlikely. Mac/ PC networks (even if it's just sharing the same router) are cunts, in my experience (and if my housemates are reading - Macs are for gays).

i still soospect we wuz attarckt by coz-meek rayz!

http://www.ewh.ieee.org/r6/scv/rl/ar...3-talk-ref.pdf

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth