Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The 2010 Laker Parade: A Suprisingly Good Day For Los Angeles
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.21.2010, 11:17 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I made it up to downtown, it was the craziest day I ever rode on the metro in 10 years! An unbelievable amount of people, a literal sea of purple and gold. Every step was a rally, surprisingly it was all very positive. Los Angeles RARELY gathers for anything positively. There were no gang fights, the police didn't act up or aggressive even though there was by far the single largest police presence I have EVER Seen.

Folks were blazing on the blue line, people were popping out of every nook and cranny of los angeles to get there, it seemed like the whole county showed up. I was running late but got there right on time, though the metro turned out to be more clogged than the freeway, it was totally part of what made the experience so fun, it was like an enormous party across the city. It was almost like Tokyo subway packed, I have never seen it like that, nor could i imagine it being that way, like a 100 times the crowd for the la marathon which is generally the largest gathering in town

We caught a perfect part of the parade, me and my idren got to dance it up along the rail at the 23steet intersection, I had a moment with magic johnson, I haven't enjoyed basketball or los angeles that much in my life! It was like being a kid in the Jordan/Dream Team era..

There were thousands and thousands and thousands of people trying to get back on the blue line from pico or grand station, so we hid in the cut smoking weed until they re-opened flower and jumped on the first bus we found, the 460 which by a miracle took us right back home where we started, and in a half an hour no less! I perched up on the side where the timetables are and posted up, good practice for catching a bus in Africaland.

fucking the shit, thank you los angeles, I had a blast, we proved we can do it, not only can our team win the championship in the clutch moments, but our city can come together to celebrate in true mass.

I haven't gotten into that large of a crowd ever in LA because we only gather that deep to riot or uprising, and the last MayDay rally which was that large turned out to be a police brutality disaster, and I am not interested in voluntarily putting my ass in front of the South African.. err LAPD

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2010, 11:21 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
videos from NBA.com

panorama shot

Old 06.21.2010, 11:45 PM   #3
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Thought about making it out but, thinking about the crowd, I decided not to. I was in LA for the seventh game, though. Ron Artest was great and so happy.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 01:21 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Thought about making it out but, thinking about the crowd, I decided not to. I was in LA for the seventh game, though. Ron Artest was great and so happy.
yes, yes he was. Its about time LA support Ron, they give him a lot of shit. Of course supporting LA can be harsh at times, its a fashionable team, shit I was rooting for Phoenix (well sort of, I knew that LA would take PHX in the end, but PHX put on such a good show, definitely a better series than Boston was).

The news said 70,000 but that is a ridiculous understatement, perhaps to pass out low ball figures to cover for their asses since the city (and especially MTA) was completely under prepared for the crowd. There were NO trash cans and NO restrooms, just cops and five-ohs and one-timez poppin out EVERYWHERE.

Cops and Laker fans, friends forever.

Old 06.23.2010, 11:55 AM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

we need an USA world cup parade/rally fo sho!!!!

for Angelinos it is the best of all possible worlds, both Mexico and USA have advanced!!!

Old 06.23.2010, 12:11 PM   #6
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
I ♥ LA

I need to spend more time "in the city" than I do. had fun in hollywood last night.

were they sisters, or lesbians? don't know. don't care. good times.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2010, 12:13 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by space

were they sisters, or lesbians? don't know. don't care. good times.
sounds like hollyweird too me

you need to hit Long Beach area, its the new Sunset, and its crackin!

bars, art galleries, gigs, coffee shops, people walking around everywhere, weed, gangsters, cops, lots and lots of lovely ladies, it is the new spot for LA

Old 06.23.2010, 12:26 PM   #8
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
you still want some ethiopian food man? my treat.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2010, 12:39 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I'm down, I just keep running into some scheduling drama i'll get at you ASAP, when the stars align

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth