Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Daydream nation in london
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.27.2007, 05:15 PM   #41
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
Wouldn't it be awesome if the encore was just a version of the diamond sea and it just went on throught the night??? That would make my life. There would be no point living afterwards.
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2007, 05:27 PM   #42
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I've heard rumours that, as a tribute to the people of London, Thurston is learning to play the spoons especially for this event. I believe he will be attempting a tricky dessertspoon solo during "Silver Rocket"
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2007, 05:31 PM   #43
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I've heard rumours that, as a tribute to the people of London, Thurston is learning to play the spoons especially for this event. I believe he will be attempting a tricky dessertspoon solo during "Silver Rocket"

surely thats a joke. would be quite cool... who's that guy who plays spoons on "spoonman" by soundgarden?
Old 02.27.2007, 05:39 PM   #44
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
It's no joke at all. I think it's an idea inspired by Derek Bailey's collaborations with tap dancers.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2007, 05:49 PM   #45
GrungeMonkey
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
It's no joke at all. I think it's an idea inspired by Derek Bailey's collaborations with tap dancers.

Well I'm looking forward to that!
Old 02.27.2007, 06:05 PM   #46
hellotwentyfifteen
bad moon rising

Location: sonic toronto (it's way cooler than regular toronto)
hellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrungeMonkey
I'm looking forward to what they do for Providence.

they used to just play the tape of mike watts message through an amp while they switched guitars and tuned. really nothing exciting at all.

maybe itll be diffrent, maybe theyll play "rats" and claim its called providence, just to make "rats" a remotly okay song

man rats sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastuionel
Only there i seen chep like that Cell Phone
hellotwentyfifteen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2007, 06:13 PM   #47
GrungeMonkey
100%

I Like Rats!!!!
Old 02.27.2007, 06:42 PM   #48
No Star
little trouble girl

No Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to behold
me too! i think the bassline is well jumpy its great! yeah the melvins did that but the melvins have well shorter songs, i think SY will deffinately play other songs in the encore though hopefully not a nightlong version of diamond sea had enough of that on destroyed room to be honest heh.

i would love to hear some dirty songs i have never seen anything form that album live so...

"Whats comes first, the music or the words."
No Star is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2007, 06:44 PM   #49
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Except '100%' Dirty is hardly played anymore.

I got my tickets in the mail todayyy!
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2007, 06:56 PM   #50
No Star
little trouble girl

No Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to behold
"Did you get your, london roundhouse tickets? mine came, in the mail today" *Sings to disconection melody and rushes upstairs for the record*

yeah they don't play any odd album tracks anymore either. = (

Old 02.27.2007, 07:06 PM   #51
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Star
"Did you get your, london roundhouse tickets? mine came, in the mail today" *Sings to disconection melody and rushes upstairs for the record*
(
wow, thats catchy.

Rats is a brilliant song, what don't you like about it Dave?
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2007, 07:07 PM   #52
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Star

yeah they don't play any odd album tracks anymore either. = (

Hahaha
Old 02.27.2007, 07:17 PM   #53
No Star
little trouble girl

thanks for enjoying that little rendition, off to bed after knackering band practice, but one more point, will they play the album in order eg. open up with teenage riot? and carry on? i think they will i hope they do in a way it flows well gang of four didn't play entertainment in order when i saw them perform that though so who knows?

Old 03.01.2007, 03:01 PM   #54
GrungeMonkey
100%

They have to play it in order. It just wouldn't be right otherwise.
Old 03.03.2007, 01:31 PM   #55
stadtgorilla
little trouble girl

stadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's asses
i can't think of sth. they could play after reenacting ddn in its entirety...i listened to the album yesterday and almost faded when i tought of the concert...i mean, what could possibly come after the trilogy and not ruin the experience? after a regular concert, encores make some sense, but not after THIS. my opinion. then again, i don't think this band could do anything far from absolute genius, so i'll just see what happens.
Old 03.04.2007, 10:03 AM   #56
GrungeMonkey
100%

How about an encore, thats at the start of the set!!! Warm us all up with some classics... Then play the album. This won't happen, but its an idea. Bleh...
Old 03.04.2007, 11:51 AM   #57
fluxequalsrad
stalker

fluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's asses
Setlist:
Teenage Riot
Silver Rocket
The Sprawl
'Cross the Breeze
Eric's Trip
Total Trash
Hey Joni
Providence
Candle
Rain King
Trilogy

Encore:
Beauty Lies
Star Power
Expressway
fluxequalsrad is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.05.2007, 01:53 AM   #58
stadtgorilla
little trouble girl

stadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad
Encore:
Beauty Lies
Star Power
Expressway

i think you convinced me...

i just hope they have some large team of paramedics there when the entire audience starts fading...EXPRESSWAY............................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........TO YOUR SKULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03.05.2007, 03:42 PM   #59
GrungeMonkey
100%

Expressway would be amazing. I'd quite like Rain On Tin. I don't know how often they play it these days...
Old 03.06.2007, 06:44 AM   #60
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrungeMonkey
Expressway would be amazing. I'd quite like Rain On Tin. I don't know how often they play it these days...

anything from Murray Street or Washing Machine would be AMAZING!!!!!!
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth