Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston and Kim on Dino Jr DVD
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.31.2006, 01:17 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.glidemagazine.com/index.php?task=Articles&id=51480&section=96&issue= 1

Dinosaur Jr Releasing DVD And First Studio Album in 18 Years

October 30, 2006
On May 8, 2007, the band will release their first ever DVD. Titled Dinosaur Jr.: Live From the Middle East (Image Entertainment), this full length concert DVD was filmed largely at Boston's Middle East, as well as at New York's legendary Irving Plaza and other shows along the band's December 2005 reunion tour. With unfettered access to this famously elusive band, fans can expect one-on-one interviews, behind the scenes goings-on and a full set of performances of Dinosaur Jr. favorites. The DVD features performance footage of 18 Dinosaur Jr. songs originally recorded on their classic first albums: Dinosaur, You're Living All Over Me and Bug. In addition, Dinosaur Jr.: Live from the Middle East offers the band's 2005 interview at the WXPN's renowned World Café studios and interview appearances by Kim Gordon, Thurston Moore, Mike Watt, Matt Dillon, and others. The DVD was directed by Gold In Berlin, which is run by Mascis' own brother in-law, German filmmaker Phillip Virus.
Also in Spring 2007, J Mascis, Lou Barlow, and Murph will release their first studio album in eighteen years. The trio has spent the last month at Bisquiteen, the recording space at J's house in Amherst, Massachusetts. The album, to be released on a label yet to be determined, will be produced by J Mascis, engineered by John Agnello and Justin Pizzoferrato, and mixed by John Agnello.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2006, 01:20 AM   #2
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Very cool.....the DVD sounds great.
Old 10.31.2006, 11:22 AM   #3
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
God has smiled upon us. A new Dino Jr. album, what more could one ask for?
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2006, 08:19 PM   #4
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
Matt Dillon?

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2006, 02:34 AM   #5
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
yep Matt Dillon, him and J. worked together on this film
Grace of My Heart

Stay Gold
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2006, 08:53 AM   #6
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
going to see em in dublin next month. cant wait. hopefully with the inclusion of lou dinosaur will be back making great records not that led zepllinish stuff j was beginning to throttle out.
Old 11.01.2006, 03:21 PM   #7
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
man, i was fucking at that dino jr show at the middle east, front row, tripping my balls off on shrooms.Im so glad i get to get a clearer memory of that night again. Maybe Ill even be on the footage if the camera pans to the crowd.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2006, 03:46 PM   #8
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://webapp.pitchforkmedia.com:901...cle/news/39941

Dinosaur Jr. Reveal DVD Tracklisting, Album Info
http://static.pitchforkmedia.com/ima...inosaurjr.gif?
Dinosaur Jr. have finally hashed out the details of their long-awaited full-band DVD, Dinosaur Jr.: Live from the Middle East. The 18-track film features the band performing at Boston's Middle East, as well as New York's Irving Plaza and a host of other gigs from the band's 2005 winter tour.
Bonus features include interviews with Kevin Shields, Kim Gordon, Thurston Moore, Mike Watt, Matt Dillon, Steve Albini, Sonic Boom, and Dinosaur Jr. themselves.
The DVD, due May 8 via Image Entertainment, was directed by Gold in Berlin, a company run by Mascis' brother-in-law Philip Virus.
As previously reported, Dinosaur Jr. plan to release a currently untitled album in Spring 2007. The trio has spent the last month recording at Bisquiteen, J Mascis' Amherst, MA home studio. Mascis will produce the album, and John Agnello will mix and engineer it (not produce, as incorrectly previously reported). Justin Pizzoferrato will help out with the engineering.
Also on the agenda for early next year is a tour from the reunited Sebadoh. The three-piece will make the rounds from February to April, but specific dates have not yet been confirmed.
Finally, keep in mind that Dinosaur Jr. are currently on the road in the U.S. with Thalia Zedek. On Tuesday (December 5), they'll make their way to the UK for a handful of performances, some alongside Sonic Youth (like their stop at Thurston Moore's ATP Nightmare Before Christmas event) and a solo Lou Barlow. Come mid-December, the boys will break for the holidays.

Dinosaur Jr.: Live from the Middle East tracklist:
01 Gargoyle
02 Kracked
03 Bulbs of Passion
04 Little Fury Things
05 Lose
06 Forget the Swan
07 The Post
08 Budge
09 The Lung
10 The Wagon
11 Raisans
12 SludgeFeast
13 Mountain Man
14 Chunks
15 Freak Scene
16 In a Jar
17 Repulsion
18 Just Like Heaven [The Cure cover]
Dates:
11-30 Northampton, MA - Pearl Street *
12-01 New York, NY - Rebel *
12-02 New York, NY - Rebel *
12-05 Brighton, England - Concorde 2 #
12-06 London, England - Mean Fiddler ^
12-07 London, England - Mean Fiddler ^
12-09 Somerset, England - Butlins Minehead (All Tomorrow's Parties' Nightmare Before Christmas)
12-11 Dublin, Ireland - Temple Bar Music Centre %
12-12 Galway, Ireland - Warwick %
12-13 Paris, France - Zenith &
12-16 Berlin, Germany - Fritz Club & (J Mascis solo)
* with Thalia Zedek
# with Actress Hands
^ with Lou Barlow (solo)
% with Giveamanakick
& with Sonic Youth
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2006, 03:49 PM   #9
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
Thats a killer set!
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2006, 04:05 PM   #10
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
fuck...........yeah...

a song from the new album is availible on freesofree.net
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2006, 06:20 PM   #11
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck Yeah!!!
Old 12.02.2006, 02:35 AM   #12
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
http://www.glidemagazine.com/index.php?task=Articles&id=51480&section=96&issue= 1

Dinosaur Jr Releasing DVD And First Studio Album in 18 Years

October 30, 2006
On May 8, 2007, the band will release their first ever DVD. Titled Dinosaur Jr.: Live From the Middle East (Image Entertainment), this full length concert DVD was filmed largely at Boston's Middle East, as well as at New York's legendary Irving Plaza and other shows along the band's December 2005 reunion tour. With unfettered access to this famously elusive band, fans can expect one-on-one interviews, behind the scenes goings-on and a full set of performances of Dinosaur Jr. favorites. The DVD features performance footage of 18 Dinosaur Jr. songs originally recorded on their classic first albums: Dinosaur, You're Living All Over Me and Bug. In addition, Dinosaur Jr.: Live from the Middle East offers the band's 2005 interview at the WXPN's renowned World Café studios and interview appearances by Kim Gordon, Thurston Moore, Mike Watt, Matt Dillon, and others. The DVD was directed by Gold In Berlin, which is run by Mascis' own brother in-law, German filmmaker Phillip Virus.
Also in Spring 2007, J Mascis, Lou Barlow, and Murph will release their first studio album in eighteen years. The trio has spent the last month at Bisquiteen, the recording space at J's house in Amherst, Massachusetts. The album, to be released on a label yet to be determined, will be produced by J Mascis, engineered by John Agnello and Justin Pizzoferrato, and mixed by John Agnello.
Whoah that's weird. All the bands I'm into have reunited relatively recently
Smashing Pumpkins
Pixies
Dino JR
Primus

And now i'm rooting on Slint...
Old 12.02.2006, 06:34 PM   #13
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
The Wagon? I could be wrong, but haven't they not played any post-Bug songs live since the reunion??

And to ZEROpumpkins, I agree, I'm a huge fan of all 4 of those bands (just saw Primus live a few weeks ago!), and I look forward to seeing the other 3 live soon, and hopefully a new album from each!
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2006, 06:35 PM   #14
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
Whoah that's weird. All the bands I'm into have reunited relatively recently
Smashing Pumpkins
Pixies
Dino JR
Primus

And now i'm rooting on Slint...

Amazing show. It was my first big concert.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2006, 06:44 PM   #15
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushmanski57@hotmail.com
The Wagon? I could be wrong, but haven't they not played any post-Bug songs live since the reunion??

well originally it was only stuff off the first three records but they expanded the set as the tour went along to include the wagon. In fact on thursday when i saw dino jr they were doing out there (where you been) and feel the pain (without a sound) with lou.Plus 2 new songs from the forthcoming new record, one from J and one from lou.

you can download that show here ---> http://freesofree.net/albumdetail.php?AlbumID=338
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2006, 02:01 AM   #16
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Whoa! Fucking fantastic, thanks!

Any signs of Flying Cloud or Start Choppin yet?
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth