Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Battle Of Millbank Towers
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.10.2010, 11:32 AM   #1
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ank-Tower.html

AHAHA!

they've taken over the tory party hq in london.

what a beautiful sight. anarchists on the roof.

i hope the people inside start looting the offices for secret tory documents instead of just attacking the cops, who aren't really the problem.

anyway, a fun day out for the whole family. good to see people deciding to fighting back, good to see awareness that there are 2 sides in a class war. don't know how constructive this might turn out to be, but the sheer pleasure of waking up to it on tv instead of the fucking neo liberal reality programme that is usually on is a rare treat indeed.

there is some poetic justice in watching the headquarters of the party that are driving thousands of people across the land into homelessness being taken over by a crowd of anarchists.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Great footage here. I'm surprised the first bouts of proper violence came from students, but I'm also immensely pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 12:16 PM   #3
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
i'll just leave this hint for next time here, by the door

Old 11.10.2010, 04:06 PM   #4
ni'k
invito al cielo

so while this was happening, cameron was over in china in a university sitting with the premier and a bunch of students giving a speech about how china should be more open to democracy and social progress. LOL. they must have been laughing their heads off at him. his party hq is being occupied by and looted by anarchists and he's in china speaking carefully and codedly against the very draconian state control that would have shot those anarchists before they even gathered at the front door.
Old 11.10.2010, 04:14 PM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
nice! we should have more of that here but american liberals are a bunch of pussies. first they let bush steal the election in 2000 without a single protest, then suffer silently 2 terms of bush illegal wars and domestic espionage and wallstreet destroying the economy (there should have been lynchings), then obama wins but gets called a "communist" when he tries to implement some very moderate social programs, but the fucking idiot public believes fox news and votes against their own interests. now if the republicans begin to dismantle the health care reforms i guarantee there will be not a word except maybe a few hippies holding hands and singing kumbaya. embarrassing.

good for you, you fucking brits. good example.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 04:27 PM   #6
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Yes!
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 04:41 PM   #7
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
so while this was happening, cameron was over in china in a university sitting with the premier and a bunch of students giving a speech about how china should be more open to democracy and social progress. LOL..

I liked that too.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 04:42 PM   #8
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
That's some crazy shit.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 04:56 PM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
That's some crazy shit.

no, it's not. when someone is trying to fuck you over, the sane thing is to defend yourself.
Old 11.10.2010, 05:00 PM   #10
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I'm particularly happy that instead of just occupying a university, like it's the tradition of most angry European protests, they smashed into the actual palace inhabited by the bastards. It sends a clear message which shouldn't be overlooked.
Old 11.10.2010, 05:00 PM   #11
ni'k
invito al cielo

the usual defeatist morons are whining with: "OH NOE! BUT COS OF VIOLENCE THE MESSAGE OF THE PEACEFUL PROTESTERS IS RUINED! VIOLENCE IS BAD!" no you fucking retards, if the crowds that gathered at the iraq protests had done this at parliament and perhaps the mod or mi5 or a few other buildings we wouldn't have gone into that war. there is a certain point when the states operations become impossible because the peoples collective movements start to threaten the ability of the state to operate and maintain power. what the people actually do is more important than more spectacles of media managed passitivity.

how duped do you have to be to think the "media message" is more important that ANYTHING ELSE. in fact its the ONLY IMPORTANT THING. yeah fucking right. if the protest had been completely peaceful it would have gotten about 3 seconds of coverage if any. the neo liberal media would have still demonised and denounced the protesters as greedy scroungers making unreasonable demands like they always do. you wouldn't have paid a bit of attention to the fucking message or done anything about it. of course, the media is now trying to make us believe - "the actions of anarchists = message of peaceful protesters ruined therefore student fees can only go up."

you have to wonder what will happen when the rest of the cuts come into affect and the economy ends up so tanked that the neo liberal state can no longer maintain social order. will the cops even bother to hold back the hordes when they realise they are getting paid next to nothing and their communities have been destroyed?
Old 11.10.2010, 05:09 PM   #12
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
it all gets blurry. but will they care?

Old 11.10.2010, 05:11 PM   #13
knox
invito al cielo

i mean, look at france. although they do overreact.

Old 11.10.2010, 05:13 PM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
the usual defeatist morons are whining with: "OH NOE! BUT COS OF VIOLENCE THE MESSAGE OF THE PEACEFUL PROTESTERS IS RUINED! VIOLENCE IS BAD!" no you fucking retards, if the crowds that gathered at the iraq protests had done this at parliament and perhaps the mod or mi5 or a few other buildings we wouldn't have gone into that war. there is a certain point when the states operations become impossible because the peoples collective movements start to threaten the ability of the state to operate and maintain power. what the people actually do is more important than more spectacles of media managed passitivity.

I was on the Iraq march. People tried to break into any marker of the government. It didn't get reported because they weren't successful. It wasn't successful because the police were out in droves (including legions of plain-clothes in the march itself).

I've been on a few marches recently, related to these sorts of subjects. One of them - some 1,000-odd people - got half a write-up because some anarchists threw a can of special brew at a copper, and someone else had a sign with the word 'fuck' on it. From the write-up you'd think it was a mild social disturbance with some drunks rather than a heavily-organised umbrella of disaffected citizens.

Not to take away from your point, but I'm thinking that part of the reason there was violence was because there wasn't the police presence of the Iraq marches. Because the Met has a few football matches and whatnot on. And I like that the BBC are saying there wasn't any kettling at this one, and they were 'only hitting them below the knee', both of which are bullshit.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 11.10.2010, 05:32 PM   #15
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
no, it's not. when someone is trying to fuck you over, the sane thing is to defend yourself.
just the whole scene. The clip looked like some old guns n roses video. I do not know enough about the UK's political situation to have a valid opinion on this

I will comment on your reply. My work and most everyone in life fucks me over everyday. Should I deal with it in a well planned maneuver. Or should I just head up up to Canada and destroy the corporate headquarters? Smashin shit up feels good but what ultimate goal does it serve? I would love to go beat up some windows

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 05:57 PM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
just the whole scene. The clip looked like some old guns n roses video. I do not know enough about the UK's political situation to have a valid opinion on this

I will comment on your reply. My work and most everyone in life fucks me over everyday. Should I deal with it in a well planned maneuver. Or should I just head up up to Canada and destroy the corporate headquarters? Smashin shit up feels good but what ultimate goal does it serve? I would love to go beat up some windows

i say well planned works best. which is why i love labor unions. but unions are weak these days and i bet you aren't unionized. so that makes it harder.

still, plan ahead.

what's cool about this one is that they caught the cops with their pants down and as porky said took over the "palace" where these motherfuckers operate. priceless.

if you wanna learn to protest, the french know how to do it-- they'll paralyze a city for days when they want something. bless them!
Old 11.10.2010, 06:01 PM   #17
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Good on The Studes! Inspiring stuff.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 06:49 PM   #18
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i say well planned works best. which is why i love labor unions. but unions are weak these days and i bet you aren't unionized. so that makes it harder.

still, plan ahead.

what's cool about this one is that they caught the cops with their pants down and as porky said took over the "palace" where these motherfuckers operate. priceless.

if you wanna learn to protest, the french know how to do it-- they'll paralyze a city for days when they want something. bless them!

On the other hand, the French are notorious for protesting at the drop of a beret, which arguably diminishes their efficaciousness.

This is, of course, absolute bullshit, but I feel it's better for someone who knows it's bullshit to say it.

Quote:
Old 11.10.2010, 07:10 PM   #19
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Don't get big-headed now. The French and the Italian students are more educated to protesting because of years of practice and putting up with shit less than English students have until now.
Old 11.10.2010, 07:37 PM   #20
ni'k
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE3IE...eature=channel

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth