Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.25.2008, 11:36 PM   #10961
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I hate Paramore strictly for the fact that they sing some lines from "One Armed Scissor" in the outro of one of their live songs. ATD-I is sacred.

That Panic song is catchy and Heart of Glass is a classic.

Also, "Cars" and my most embarrassing maybe...."Steal My Sunshine".
Old 10.25.2008, 11:42 PM   #10962
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
oh god, now i might have to officially dislike them. no one touches atdi.

"cars" is maybe of my all time favorite songs, for pure nostalgic reasons.

the video for steal my sunshine was made here in daytona. my dad was the film commissioner for the city at the time and got them to film it here. so dad had the cd for years.
schizophrenicroom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2008, 11:46 PM   #10963
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Also, Prince. I will sing Prince and I don't sing for many things.

Because of that Daytona factoid, you're now my favorite person ever. I'm going to have to watch that video now. (I just watched it again last night, I think.)

Here's the Paramore unpleasantness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5_fL...eature=related
Old 10.25.2008, 11:46 PM   #10964
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
it just struck me that the only reason i have a headache is because i haven't had any caffeine today.
Old 10.25.2008, 11:48 PM   #10965
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
it just struck me that the only reason i have a headache is because i haven't had any caffeine today.

Oh geez, those are the worst. I'm not going to be lame turn in at 1:30ish, so I'm well-stocked and well-caffeinated.
Old 10.25.2008, 11:49 PM   #10966
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Also, Prince. I will sing Prince and I don't sing for many things.

Because of that Daytona factoid, you're now my favorite person ever. I'm going to have to watch that video now. (I just watched it again last night, I think.)

Here's the Paramore unpleasantness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5_fL...eature=related

i have a small collection of prince 7''s that makes me happy just to look at.

watching the video for me is funny because a lot of it's changed since now, but i can still make out that it's failtona.

oh, thank you! my dad also got this leonardo dicaprio movie to film stuff here. i think it was called "marvin's room". he had the poster in his office, signed by the cast.
Old 10.25.2008, 11:51 PM   #10967
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Haha, I got really excited halfway through that last sentence because I thought it was going to be the scene from Romeo + Juliet and then I'd have to fly to Florida to tell you how awesome you are in person.
Old 10.25.2008, 11:54 PM   #10968
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

if you did that, then you'd definitely be my favorite person.

i actually just watched that a few days ago. i love everything about it.

damn, my husband was on saturday night live tonight and i forgot all about it.
Old 10.25.2008, 11:56 PM   #10969
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

I'm sure I'd be pretty safe in assuming that I'm in the very small percentage of straight males that feel the same way about that movie. I say this while frantically searching for my copy because it's the perfect movie for the now.

Edit: Fuck me running, I forgot that I let someone borrow with disc with that movie on it. Now I have to find something else to watch.
Old 10.26.2008, 12:15 AM   #10970
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

fuck my laptop. i had this big long post i had typed up, and it took like ten minutes to restart and the post is gone forever now. but i think i'm good now.
Old 10.26.2008, 12:18 AM   #10971
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

That sucks.

I've decided to cut my losses and watch Cool Hand Luke because I've got to stop revisiting old songs, it's gotten as far as "Today was a good day" by Ice Cube, and that just made me pissed that I don't have my copy of Friday with me.
Old 10.26.2008, 12:21 AM   #10972
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

nah, i'm used to this thing crapping out right when i don't want it to.

i love that song.

the girl i mentioned earlier in picking sides in fights used to use the fact that she's seen half of the movie friday as an example of her diverse tastes. she'd even say "i like lots of diverse things. have you seen the movie friday with that rapper guy? i saw like half of it and is awesome."
Old 10.26.2008, 12:24 AM   #10973
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Haha. One of my favorite things to say to people after they ask me how my day was is "Today was a good day" and they ask why and I say "I didn't even have to use my AK". No one has ever got it
Friday should never be used to illustrate diverse taste especially by one who has only seen half. Friday is just a fucking hilarious movie that everyone should watch. I quote it many times daily.
Old 10.26.2008, 12:29 AM   #10974
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

not related to the song, but today i was asked how my day was, and i told my stepdad that someone tried to make me go to rehab but i declined three times. (fucking song was stuck in my head at the time). cheesy and dated, yet he missed it.

tell that to her. looking back, a chunk of our friendship was sitting around and cringing while she talked.
Old 10.26.2008, 12:33 AM   #10975
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Hilarious. Speaking lines from songs/movies to someone that is completely unawares is loads of fun.

I've had friends like that and I've dated someone that I did that with *ultrafacepalm*
Old 10.26.2008, 12:38 AM   #10976
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

my dad and i loved annoying my stepmom on the way to vegas by talking in song lyrics. she'd catch the joke a minute or two later. it was pretty fun.

we talk sometimes now, but i could argue that it was a very forced friendship. it was bad when we were hanging out as a group and she actually went around using bits of anecdotes from when i saw vampire weekend like she went to the thing herself, and screwed up all over the place.

i want this book.

edit again, from nymag.com: And the Oscar for Craziest Movie Goes To…: Steven Soderbergh is planning a 3-D live-action rock opera about Cleopatra, with songs by Guided by Voices and a script by bassist-author James Greer, and he's hoping for Catherine Zeta-Jones to headline with Hugh Jackman as Marc Antony
Old 10.26.2008, 12:43 AM   #10977
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Yeah, I can't stand people like that and unfortunately, I'm surrounded by them and I can't make an escape because they always find me. Maybe I should just change my phone number, but then I wouldn't have actual friends that I haven't heard from in almost 2 years call me up, like happened today.
Old 10.26.2008, 12:45 AM   #10978
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

i can't escape it either.

don't you love when that happens? only, my phone number's changed and the reconnecting happens over im. which is still cool.
Old 10.26.2008, 12:49 AM   #10979
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

It's really great. The reason we'd been out of touch is she hadn't had internet and I copied her number into my phone wrong, so ever time I tried to call about something I'd get a wrong number or bounch-back.
Old 10.26.2008, 12:54 AM   #10980
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Kick ass! Our conversation was basically me telling her that she really needed to come to the Misfits show and she's making/sending me a scarf which is super awesome.
449499539546547548 549 55055155255959964910491549 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth