Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page A double-awesome album to download free that none of you schleps has heard.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.02.2009, 11:02 AM   #1
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
This fella has made a great album. Unfortunately, no-one's seemed very interested so far, which is a shame, because it's awesome. You can download this album here. I've been listening to it for a few months now and it's possibly the best unsigned album I've heard for a long, long time.

He's a mate of mine, but before anyone starts talking about nepotism, there'd be far more threads from me if I started one for everyone I know in a band.

DOWNLOAD! ADD HIM TO YOUR MYSPACE! Because he's awesome.

You can use this thread to discuss how awesome this record is if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2009, 11:03 AM   #2
al shabbray

double thanks
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2009, 12:35 PM   #3
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
You Should Still Download The Fuck Out Of This Album Because It's Still Fucking Awesome.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 06.09.2009, 08:53 AM   #4
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ si, yo tambien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
there'd be far more threads from me if I started one for everyone I know in a band.

DO IT.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2009, 01:04 PM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

It's fine if you don't like the album. The problem I forsee with it is that it's quite awkward pop. Not in the sense of something like Xinlisupreme, where it's basic pop structures buried under distortion, I mean he's got a quite slippery sense of song structure. And I think it takes a few listens, because his voice is quite a 'thing'.

BUT IT IS VERY GOOD.

To Herr Slow: I'm not going to start threads for every band I know, just the ones who could do with a bit of attention.

Quote:
Old 06.09.2009, 01:14 PM   #6
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
The songs on myspace sound good. His voice reminds me of Theo Bleckmann.
I'll check his album. Thanks!
andrei is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2009, 01:15 PM   #7
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
this might seem silly, but does this person play WoW?

I'm still at work, and can't go to myspace, but the only time I've heard "imba" used, is in conjunction with online MMO's (and really starting with WoW).

it's meanings being: "imbalanced", "overpowered" and "in need of a nerf".
Old 06.09.2009, 01:20 PM   #8
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I was kind of hoping it would be better than what it turned out to be...
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2009, 02:55 PM   #9
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Have finished listening to the whole thing - I was really impressed with the intensity of "Sing!", my ears were boggled at that cover version he did (shan't say what it is here ), and the arrangements I thought were pretty effective. His voice is quite something, isn't it? Kinda like the singer of Sad Cafe mid-breakdown. The whole thing hangs together fine overall, though I wouldv'e left off the 2nd "....Rice" track (I actually like it, but I feel it interferes with the general flow of the album). A strange but enjoyable brew - kinda like Peter Hammill going nuts on a "pop" production. Thumbs up from Melly Towers all round.

EDIT: Was it you playing violin on this, Herr Glice?
Old 06.09.2009, 03:04 PM   #10
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Listening to it now.
Old 06.09.2009, 03:12 PM   #11
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
this might seem silly, but does this person play WoW?

Not to my knowledge. It's a childhood nickname, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
I was kind of hoping it would be better than what it turned out to be...

Ah well, nothing ventured, nothing gained etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Thumbs up from Melly Towers all round.

Good work that man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Was it you playing violin on this, Herr Glice?

Ha! No, the violin was played by someone substantially better at the instrument than myself. I was due to be on the recording (gtr), but there was a holiday/ studio time clash.

Quote:
Old 06.09.2009, 06:57 PM   #12
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

ok now that I clicked, I see that it's "simba simba" and not "imba simba" (denoting an overpowered world of warcraft hunter pet). I LOLd IRL.

I listened on yourspace, but I'm not sure they are my kind of tunes. he sounds talented though.
Old 06.10.2009, 12:37 PM   #13
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:

I listened on yourspace, but I'm not sure they are my kind of tunes.
The thing is, I've been sending this to a lot of people, and lots and lots of people are saying this. I'm struggling to find out precisely what sort of people like this kind of thing. Anyone?

Quote:
Old 06.10.2009, 12:45 PM   #14
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

well, it reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5ZtwbzUFZE

although I have not seen that movie, my friend loves the song and keeps trying to get me to say that it's genius. so far, I've refused. perhaps he'd like simba simba too.

note: I actually edited this statement out of my previous post for fear that you would think I was taking the piss.
Old 06.10.2009, 12:50 PM   #15
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I listened to it through a couple of times and I like it. It isn't something I'd listen to a lot but whenever I'm up for a bit of wittily-song-titled cabaret I'm up for the Simba. Is he a homo? I sort of hope he isn't. Homos always end up being the ones doing this kind of thing and it'd be sort of nice to think that there's no direct link between torch-songs and bum banditry.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 01:17 PM   #16
Glice
invito al cielo

He's very much not a bumLord actually. Lives with, and allegedly touches the bottom of, an actually proper very-pretty-indeed lady.

I feel horrible saying that about real-world people, by the way.

Quote:
Old 06.10.2009, 01:22 PM   #17
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
well, it reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5ZtwbzUFZE

although I have not seen that movie, my friend loves the song and keeps trying to get me to say that it's genius. so far, I've refused. perhaps he'd like simba simba too.

note: I actually edited this statement out of my previous post for fear that you would think I was taking the piss.

Well, that song you posted is shit, but I see what you're saying.

Quote:
Old 06.10.2009, 02:36 PM   #18
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
He's very much not a bumLord actually. Lives with, and allegedly touches the bottom of, an actually proper very-pretty-indeed lady.

I feel horrible saying that about real-world people, by the way.

champion
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 03:19 PM   #19
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Pfft, demonrail just doesn't want to tell anyone about his collection of Bronski Beat 12-inches.

Or:

Speaking from a bummer perspective, the rise of the "homo-cabaret" artiste is one of those wotsits where the idea may be good, but the end result is the arm-chewing idiocies of Rufus Wainwright or, even worse still, Mika. Still, I'm with the sodomite-Weimar vibe, yer get me?
Old 06.10.2009, 06:04 PM   #20
sarramkrop

I've listened to it. It's ok, it made me think that you are a bit too partial to be taken seriously about any criticism when it comes to music. Maybe it's me. It's me.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth