Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.06.2019, 04:26 PM   #11441
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
really hoping i can catch liverpool wolves tomorrow. not because i give a damn about the fa cup but because they’re my 2 favorite english teams right now.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2019, 06:48 AM   #11442
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
If you're rationing your football intake, the FA Cup is something you can avoid altogether. Most of the teams you're interested in will be fielding weakened XIs at least until the quarters, as they prioritise other trophies. The sad fact is the FA Cup is now seen as a distraction by those clubs and has therefore lost a lot of its prestige. It still provides an opportunity for lower league teams to get one over on the big boys but if you're only really focusing on the Prem, the FA Cup is at best a subplot.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2019, 07:12 AM   #11443
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
hahaha.

Andy Carroll: the closest football gets to LARPing
Old 01.07.2019, 09:53 AM   #11444
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha ha ha

anyway not rationing, just doesnt get transmitted here on the same channel as the prem. but my time does get rationed yeah....

will try to catch a bit of liverpool wolves today after lunch nevertheless (starts 1245 my time) if i can find a teevee for it. if i miss it no big drama though,
Old 01.07.2019, 05:36 PM   #11445
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Y'know what? People are saying "oh yeah, I can see why Liverpool aren't that bothered about the fact cup and want to focus on the premier League"

Fuck that. How many teams have been able to win both? Their squad isn't so bereft of depth that they shouldn't be able to push to do both. The contempt shown by Klopp to the fa cup is astounding.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2019, 05:41 PM   #11446
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Y'know what? People are saying "oh yeah, I can see why Liverpool aren't that bothered about the fact cup and want to focus on the premier League"

Fuck that. How many teams have been able to win both? Their squad isn't so bereft of depth that they shouldn't be able to push to do both. The contempt shown by Klopp to the fa cup is astounding.
so what happened? i clearly missed the game. fucking monday, larded up with paperworks, phone calls, bullshits-- ugh!

saw earlier that mignolet was gonna be gk. did it go well?

what's the big prize in the FA anyway?

it's not just the prem-- it's the champions league! he almost won with dortmund remember? beaten by bayern. and then, again, with liverpool, when the sinister sergio ramos took out his best man.

well?

go ahead vent your rage i wanna know.

seems to me his priorities are correct though-- regardless of what happened today, which i don't know.
Old 01.07.2019, 05:43 PM   #11447
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh, wolves won! fucking fantastic!

if they go all the way i'll be really happy for them

would mean tons for that little team
Old 01.07.2019, 05:48 PM   #11448
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
so what happened? i clearly missed the game. fucking monday, larded up with paperworks, phone calls, bullshits-- ugh!

saw earlier that mignolet was gonna be gk. did it go well?

what's the big prize in the FA anyway?

it's not just the prem-- it's the champions league! he almost won with dortmund remember? beaten by bayern.

well?

go ahead vent your rage i wanna know.

They lost 2-1.

Ah yes, nearly won it. The story of klopps career in knock out competitions right there.

See the problem is that over here the FA Cup is, rightly, a sporting institution and it's the oldest cup in football, bit too often certain managers seem to treat it like a distraction. Doesn't help that the cunts at sky did their best to ruin it a few years back. It's always been the last game of the season. The big crescendo to a long season. Sky decided to have the final played before the season had finished. That was a bollocks move.

Maybe you don't get it and you might never will but the fa cup for me is something different.

Old 01.07.2019, 05:53 PM   #11449
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
They lost 2-1.

Ah yes, nearly won it. The story of klopps career in knock out competitions right there.

See the problem is that over here the FA Cup is, rightly, a sporting institution and it's the oldest cup in football, bit too often certain managers seem to treat it like a distraction. Doesn't help that the cunts at sky did their best to ruin it a few years back. It's always been the last game of the season. The big crescendo to a long season. Sky decided to have the final played before the season had finished. That was a bollocks move.

Maybe you don't get it and you might never will but the fa cup for me is something different.
yeah but institution aside, or whatever it is sky did, isn't it a distraction now?

for liverpool i mean. who want big things this year.

just read that klopp put 3 teenagers on the pitch. but the 3rd one was cuz lovren got injured. does liverpool need lovren injured? i say hell no, and more teenagers por favor.

but yeah i get your frustration with the ruination of a great tradition. it's when you make it about klopp that i get confused. yes yes, everton hates liverpool and cain hates abel, and i killed my twin in the womb apparently.
Old 01.07.2019, 06:06 PM   #11450
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I didn't watch the game, but how did the 16yr old do?

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2019, 02:51 AM   #11451
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

Klopp hasn't done anything that other managers in his position have done. Even Wolves fielded a relatively weakened side, and it looks like they only have the FA Cup to play for this season.
Old 01.08.2019, 05:13 AM   #11452
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Klopp hasn't done anything that other managers in his position have done. Even Wolves fielded a relatively weakened side, and it looks like they only have the FA Cup to play for this season.

Nah nah, you misunderstood. I take issue with the whole thing. I'm just not a fan of people saying "yeah, I understand why he wanted to get kicked out of the fa cup. Now he can focus on the premier League.". Ok sure, but if at the end of it they don't win the league and come away another season without a trophy then he's gonna look like a right pillock.

You only have to look at City. They could have easily thrown a load of kids out but didn't. They wanted to win it as much as the next trophy. Same with Chelsea for that matter. Squad rotation is different to putting out a deliberately weakened team.

Old 01.08.2019, 05:14 AM   #11453
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah but institution aside, or whatever it is sky did, isn't it a distraction now?

for liverpool i mean. who want big things this year.

just read that klopp put 3 teenagers on the pitch. but the 3rd one was cuz lovren got injured. does liverpool need lovren injured? i say hell no, and more teenagers por favor.

but yeah i get your frustration with the ruination of a great tradition. it's when you make it about klopp that i get confused. yes yes, everton hates liverpool and cain hates abel, and i killed my twin in the womb apparently.

As opposed to any other year?

Old 01.08.2019, 07:00 AM   #11454
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
As opposed to any other year?
as opposed to 1952 or 1844 or whatever

(i only started watching them under brendan rogers and no way they were like this btw)
Old 01.08.2019, 07:08 AM   #11455
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Nice summary of the fa cup by David Squires

David Squires on … the timeless magic of the FA Cup

If that link doesn't work then find your bloody self.

Old 01.08.2019, 05:23 PM   #11456
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Nice summary of the fa cup by David Squires

David Squires on … the timeless magic of the FA Cup

If that link doesn't work then find your bloody self.
"Fabregas seemingly played his last game in England until West Ham sign him in 2024"

They would as well.
Old 01.08.2019, 06:33 PM   #11457
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Nah nah, you misunderstood. I take issue with the whole thing. I'm just not a fan of people saying "yeah, I understand why he wanted to get kicked out of the fa cup. Now he can focus on the premier League.". Ok sure, but if at the end of it they don't win the league and come away another season without a trophy then he's gonna look like a right pillock.

You only have to look at City. They could have easily thrown a load of kids out but didn't. They wanted to win it as much as the next trophy. Same with Chelsea for that matter. Squad rotation is different to putting out a deliberately weakened team.

Klopp was at worst guilty of arrogance, but more for disrespecting Wolves, by underestimating them with his team selection, than a trophy which looks like its being held up almost entirely by sentiment and pure good will at this point.
Old 01.09.2019, 05:37 AM   #11458
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
I thought you geezers may appreciate some insightful sporting historical facts, given the fact that this is the sporty thread.

Kim Jong il:
'The first time he picked up a golf club, in 1994, Kim reportedly shot a 38-under par round on North Korea's only golf course, including 11 holes-in-one. He then decided to retire from the sport for ever.'

Obviously after shooting the greatest ever round of golf in the history of man he decided to give up as it was just fat too easy for him.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2019, 02:01 PM   #11459
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

lmao ok

-

so looks like i’ll be missing saturday’s prem’s games barring something like a winter storm to strand me at home. best wishes demoņo vs arsenal. this is one you can win.

as for other dates man u v. spurs look promising and man city v.wolves should have style to appreciate.

and as usual with wolves i mean the team as a whole [something man city has as well) not individual glory (where they lag behind city but are not shameful. rui patricio, joao moutinho, neves often put on a good show, plus others whose names i have not yet learned)
Old 01.11.2019, 09:54 AM   #11460
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Here we go again ...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-asks-to-leave
473523563570571572 573 574575576583623 > »
-->

All content Š2006 Sonic Youth