Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page thurston moore pedals
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.04.2014, 09:49 AM   #21
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Man I'm behind the times. So you download this thingie and somehow upload it to a foot pedal? This is fucking awesome and but I don't really know what I'm looking at. Still, I'm pretty tempted to drop 300 bucks to find out.

I know what you mean... but I think you're right, if I'm not mistaken the idea is to play along with one of Lee's "patches". I'm not sure how I feel about this, I guess personally I'm more interested in how a guitarist approaches making different sounds/riffs than trying cop them or do some sort of "play along", I mean sure occasionally I'll play along to an actual song or few, which for me is just to learn new/different chords and ideas on playing with different riff patterns.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2014, 09:54 AM   #22
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Lee had a Ditto X2 in his rig for the Milan date of his acoustic tour. ( I wrote down his setup here => http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...1&postcount=38 )
I love catalinbread's stuff, also ED makes a couple delays worth checking out imo, the Dispatch Master and the Disaster Transport JR (for more analog-esque feel).

I tried the Ditto X2 and liked it quite abit and its a great looper for the price and its awesome for looping ambient sort of textures. Looping time specific riffs were tricky for me as the footswitches work much faster than the unit I've been used to most, the Line6 DL4. I'm not ready to move away from the DL4 just yet (as its 14 second/28 second looping time is enough for me), but when I do the Ditto X2 is at the top of the list to replace it with.

So I guess Lee has slowly moved to more tc electronics effects, I've thought about the Polytune but its true-bypass only and I prefer a buffer in front of my line (since my sovtek big muff sucks the life out of my guitars high end frequency) thus I use the Boss TU-2 or TU-3 to recover the treble loss.

Old 11.05.2014, 11:05 AM   #23
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
If you're curious, I see musician's friend is having a pretty good sale on TC pedals--although the triple delay is 300 like most places. Free looper with most purchases.

(Tried to PM. All full.)
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2014, 03:55 PM   #24
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
If you're curious, I see musician's friend is having a pretty good sale on TC pedals--although the triple delay is 300 like most places. Free looper with most purchases.

(Tried to PM. All full.)

thanks for the heads up on the PMs... that's abit outta my price range for a delay as I've gotten cheap on gear since nowadays I'm not really in a band or do gigs/shows...

Old 12.08.2014, 05:21 AM   #25
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
I've been meaning to ask about the Lee patch for the Flashback pedal! I bought one as a replacement for my exploded DL-4 and I'm in love with it. Never did get around to downloading the various patches offered, but I gather it's just done via USB. I was very surprised to see a custom sound from Lee!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth