Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: The Beatles
The Beatles,yes The Beatles 32 72.73%
The Beatles,not them please! 12 27.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11.12.2006, 01:10 AM   #41
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I can't hate them. I often feel annoyed by them. But I can't hate the fab four anymore than I can hate me mom and dad. They're part of me, and they always will be. For better or worse, they helped make me who I am.

Anyway, if you give it a good listen, the white album's quite fun.

I also think in some ways the early solo projects are much better than anything the Beatles did, because they're finally working with real musicians, and feeling free to try things they wouldn't or couldn't with the Beatles.

But I can certainly understand how people can hate them. I really can.
Old 11.12.2006, 01:59 AM   #42
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
i cant really understand someone who doesnt like the beatles, if you cant enjoy please please me, atleast for its simple fun, then i dont know, you probably take music too seriously...

everything after please please me was just ok, i am more into their rock and roll covers and stuff. elvis type stuff. the happiness in the songs is so obnoxious and just cool
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2006, 06:45 AM   #43
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
It's disturbing that people that claim to love music love to find fault with the greatest band in rock and roll.
And Bach is more important to the history of western music than Beethoven.

This is why i love this board! Bach is the most important composer ever! He was responsable for much of the tonal system we use in music today. Beethoven himself called him 'The Original Father of Harmony'. Likewise as we can point to Modern (ish) classical composition beginning for the most part with Bach, I think we can safely say Lennon/McCartney were the first really notable composers of Pop/Rock music, although with everything it can be traced back further, The Beatles influenced Popular music more than any other artist I can think of. Certainly not the most important composers in the history of music but certainly the most important of Popular music

I can see some people's point. Just because you acknowledge some artists talent/important (in the progression of music) doens't mean you have to like them yourself. For Example although I adore our friend mr J.S Bach in particular his Brandenberg Concertos, I can't stand Baroque music itself, I appreciate the importance of say Corelli or Handel but something about their music just doesn't sit well with me. I'd rather have a big dolop of late romanticism thank you very much.

Ps; my posting of the Varg picture was just me being sarcastic
Old 11.13.2006, 12:45 AM   #44
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intellivision
..............................YES

Greatness.

GO GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!
Old 11.13.2006, 02:33 AM   #45
Silent Dan Speaks
the destroyed room

Silent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's asses
I love them immensly and I'm pretty shocked by how many people said no.
Silent Dan Speaks is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2006, 05:22 AM   #46
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
fence-straddler

The poll question is "yes" or "no."

If "a lot of it is high quality" then you have no real reason to vote "no," but something tells me that would be the way you would vote because you've got a stick up your ass, axe to grind, etc...

"spin it at home"...you people are the biggest fucking poseurs...

Well, if that's how it's going to be, then I will have to vote "no."
I do not ever spin the Beatles at home. I was trying to give them some credit because they obviously accomplished something huge. Does their music speak to me? Not really.
I'm also not going to discount the impact of blues on rock music, but I fucking loathe Buddy Guy, B.B. King and Muddy Waters. Doesn't mean they didn't make their mark.
Calling someone a "poseur" because they are honest about their taste says more about you than anything.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2006, 05:28 AM   #47
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
The Beatles are great full stop!
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2006, 05:30 AM   #48
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
No they are not,you idiot.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2006, 05:37 AM   #49
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
What would you know islander?
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2006, 05:54 AM   #50
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I understand that perfectly. The only Beatles album I actually own is Magical Mystery Tour, which I have had since I was 5 years old. Other than that, the only Beatles-related LP I have sought out and purchased in my adult life is George Harrison's "Wonderwall Music," which is very enjoyable. Mostly Indian stuff on that one.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2006, 05:58 AM   #51
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
What would you know islander?
What would YOU know?I'm not even trying to be nice anymore.You strike me as someone who kisses smooth butt matey and i'll treat you with the contempt that you deserve.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2006, 06:09 AM   #52
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
What would YOU know?I'm not even trying to be nice anymore.You strike me as someone who kisses smooth butt matey and i'll treat you with the contempt that you deserve.

HAHA. So serious.

Porkmarras, it comes as no surprise to anybody, but you're indeed wrong again. The Beatles are great.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth