Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Worst Fucking show you've been to and Why!!!???
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.05.2008, 11:45 PM   #81
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
Two years ago I visited some friends at their school only to find out that they had tickets to see Jason Mraz in the gym that night. I went.

The opening act was (I think) the lead singer from Weezer and two waifish chicks. They played really quiet, really dull folky type stuff. They took the cake when they covered Lou Reed and the singer actually sang the line "and all the white girls sing"...
The audience actually booed them throughout, but the band was very gracious anyways.

When Jason Mraz came on the audience went apeshit, and my friends and I moved to the bleachers. About 3 songs in I fell asleep. My friends woke me up to tell me we were leaving... at first I thought it was cause they were pissed at me... but it turned out that they were just as bored.
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 03:55 AM   #82
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips
Sigur Ros, because I fainted 4 songs into their set. The only time something like that's happened, thankfully.
I fainted at a Sonic Youth show. I guess cause I hadn't eaten all day and was standing for a long time. It was pretty awful, and I didn't enjoy the show at all.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 03:59 AM   #83
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual Amnesia
it´s not the answer of the question,
but that show was one of the best i´ve been to !

well, matter of opinion, really. I only liked the theatrical element of it, pouring of red paint and stuff like that. but the music was just too lame. I enjoyed the beers at the bank of the river with you and christoph WAY more, so to speak

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 09:00 AM   #84
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
worst show I ever have seen

Meat Puppets opening for sonic youth. the youth were amazing as ever, but the meat pupets sounded like someone killed them all ten years ago, re animated the half rotten bodies and made them sing fucking country tunes.

and the sad part is it was only just worse than when I saw the meat puppets in 1992. god that was horrible, what a fucking shit band../
Old 08.06.2008, 09:01 AM   #85
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Monster Magnet a few years ago. It's like by trying to become an MC5 tribute band they'd forgotten what made them great in the first place.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 09:05 AM   #86
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Esoteric at Camden Underworld, April 2007 - doom metal stuff. A band so atrociously lame and weedy I walked out in disgust after one song. Also of "note": Nebula at The Garage in 2005? (the support was Electric Wizard, and Sir demonrail was there). 15 minutes of suvb-standard boogie riffing and "Ah've lost man woomann, but ah steel got mah geetar" lyrics, and I was ready to dynamite the venue with everyone in it.
Old 08.06.2008, 09:57 AM   #87
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
30 seconds to mars,

such a bizarre procession of cultish lamery that i was seriously scouting around for sharp implements with which to gut myself so I had something with which to hang myself.

I was there because my friends band were (highly inappropriately) supporting them and wanted me to do some photos. on the plus side i I did get to goof around on stage a bit and pretend i was ziggy stardust (it was actually a very fun night but was just highly bizarre with an absolutely execrable soundtrack)

that or the llama farmers.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 10:29 AM   #88
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Esoteric at Camden Underworld, April 2007 - doom metal stuff. A band so atrociously lame and weedy I walked out in disgust after one song.
Ack. That band gives me a headache. I'm not sure if I could last thirty seconds at one of their shows.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 10:40 AM   #89
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Actually, not a band I was going to the show to see (which was Manic Street Preachers) but the support band Dodgy. I remember, while having to endure their semi-acoustic indie/folk waffle, that - what if i died now, what if this was the last thing I saw and heard before i died - it nearly gave me a panic attack, seriously.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 10:41 AM   #90
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealglenstyler

that or the llama farmers.

what were they like live?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 01:16 PM   #91
Silent Dan Speaks
the destroyed room

Silent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's asses
I skipped to the end and somebody has probably said this, but Bob Dylan was the worst concert I've ever seen.

He rearranged all of his songs into one really long, really shitty blues song, didn't give a fuck about the audience, and gave the impression he'd rather be dead than playing that concert. It was so shitty I don't even listen to him anymore. Just fucking terrible.
Silent Dan Speaks is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 01:23 PM   #92
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Xiu Xiu the second time was also terrible.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 01:49 PM   #93
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
worst show I ever have seen

Meat Puppets opening for sonic youth. the youth were amazing as ever, but the meat pupets sounded like someone killed them all ten years ago, re animated the half rotten bodies and made them sing fucking country tunes.

and the sad part is it was only just worse than when I saw the meat puppets in 1992. god that was horrible, what a fucking shit band../
I was at that same show and thought the puppets were awesome. : /

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 01:51 PM   #94
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
anyone can play like yngwie malmsteen if they practiced scales with a metronome every day for like five years and did nothing else.

it's technique and nothing more, really.
Exactly.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 01:54 PM   #95
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
I was at that same show and thought the puppets were awesome. : /
you can have em!!!!
Old 08.06.2008, 01:54 PM   #96
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure if I agree with the "anyone can play like that" mentality. Anyone could play like that perhaps, but everyone DOESN'T play like that. That doesn't mean his music is particularly enjoyable, it's just silly when people say, "Hey, I could do that -- I just need to practice more." Well, no shit, you can say that about anything in life.

It's like the Strokes (for lack of a better example)... anyone here can play their songs right? That's nice. You didn't WRITE their songs, though, right? It doesn't matter that you can play the songs, you didn't actually compose them though.

Anyone can do anything probably, but they haven't done it yet, so it's not really worth mentioning.

I understand and somewhat agree with Everyneurotic's way of thinking (that he has no real talent beyond ability, it's all technique; there's nothing interesting or unique about it, it's just fast scale playing), but I'm not sure if I'd say "oh anyone can do that if they practice."

Old 08.06.2008, 02:47 PM   #97
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
summer 2005....dinosaur jr at pearl street , magic markers opened....ive never seen a crowd openly angry after an opening act. maybe the worst band ever...next to eagles of death metal, i walked out of one of thier shows, after the NES band Minibosses wiped the floor with them.

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 02:54 PM   #98
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

^^^
best post in the history of this board.

MINIBOSSES rule!

Old 08.06.2008, 02:58 PM   #99
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I'm not sure if I agree with the "anyone can play like that" mentality. Anyone could play like that perhaps, but everyone DOESN'T play like that. That doesn't mean his music is particularly enjoyable, it's just silly when people say, "Hey, I could do that -- I just need to practice more." Well, no shit, you can say that about anything in life.

It's like the Strokes (for lack of a better example)... anyone here can play their songs right? That's nice. You didn't WRITE their songs, though, right? It doesn't matter that you can play the songs, you didn't actually compose them though.

Anyone can do anything probably, but they haven't done it yet, so it's not really worth mentioning.

I understand and somewhat agree with Everyneurotic's way of thinking (that he has no real talent beyond ability, it's all technique; there's nothing interesting or unique about it, it's just fast scale playing), but I'm not sure if I'd say "oh anyone can do that if they practice."
That's pretty much what I was trying to say, but it just came out a bit stupid when I tried to say it.

Anyone CAN play like Malmsteen with practice, but it takes a lot of practice to do, so it's not as simple as the "anyone can do it" statement implies.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 04:14 PM   #100
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
smashing pumpkins around siamese dream in sfx dublin

why? cuz it sucked, awful sound, boring as shit and i met billy no mates at it....wanker... i also met james iha....gentleman!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth