Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What would you do if you had it your way?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.31.2006, 08:00 AM   #1
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Say,you were put in charge of a country,organization,company,record label etc etc.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2006, 08:07 AM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Please ban music/ and drive it underground/ and maybe when it comes back it will have a pleasing sound

As the Rebel once sang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2006, 08:21 AM   #3
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
I'd probably be the head of a strict commitee that decided wether a record should be thrusted upon humanity or not.One of the strict rules for being part of such a commitee would involve severe banning of liggering(ie no invitations to alcohol-fuelled parties where you make friends with the musicians and therefore you judge their music through your arsehole etc etc).And not being nice to musicians for the sake of it.....never!

Old 10.31.2006, 08:28 AM   #4
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Feed and school every single child on earth.
Put an end to deforestation.
Protect all endangered species of wildlife.
Ban all vehicles that run on fossil fuels.
Old 10.31.2006, 08:57 AM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
...ie no invitations to alcohol-fuelled parties where you make friends with the musicians and therefore you judge their music through your arsehole etc etc.And not being nice to musicians for the sake of it.....never!

Word. I want in. "Yeah man, I really enjoyed that, great gig". When what I actually mean is, "Your band are awful. I am incensed that I am degrading myself to support your pile of unmitigated shit. I hate that I am compelled to be nice to you when, in fact, I'm only being nice because if I alienate people, I don't get gigs. You talentless, no-mark cunt."

Tokolosh - you're a fucking hippy.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 10.31.2006, 09:22 AM   #6
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Word. I want in. "Yeah man, I really enjoyed that, great gig". When what I actually mean is, "Your band are awful. I am incensed that I am degrading myself to support your pile of unmitigated shit. I hate that I am compelled to be nice to you when, in fact, I'm only being nice because if I alienate people, I don't get gigs. You talentless, no-mark cunt."

Too many people get gigs and record deals because of their 'niceness'.Nice musicians have never been particularly helpful in the whole process of making good music.Of course,there are nice musicians out there but the ones who deliver,you never care about what their personality is like much,if at all.

Old 10.31.2006, 09:29 AM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

From what I've heard, Mark E Smith is a cunt. I've also heard Keiji Haino is a cunt. Conversely, I've met a few fairly well-known indie bands (I shan't be so vulgar as to divulge) and they were genuinely lovely. The latter category's music is appalling. Utterly banal shit. The former category make music that comes very close to rendering all other music irrelevant.

Quote:
Old 10.31.2006, 09:33 AM   #8
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

You're an immature git who thinks his record collection and music talk is more important that people. Grow up poseur!
If I had it my way, I'd exterminate the lot of you.
Old 10.31.2006, 09:45 AM   #9
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
From what I've heard, Mark E Smith is a cunt. I've also heard Keiji Haino is a cunt. Conversely, I've met a few fairly well-known indie bands (I shan't be so vulgar as to divulge) and they were genuinely lovely. The latter category's music is appalling. Utterly banal shit. The former category make music that comes very close to rendering all other music irrelevant.
Most so-called musicians really need a reality check.Let's face it,the good people know that the singer/songwriter who plays an acoustic set at the RockmotherfuckingGarden has pulled in,mostly, a crowd of people who think that acoustic guitars are nice and reassuring instruments played by nice and affable blokes who you'd trust alone in a room with your daughter.For our commitee,though,these people should be shot on site and tied up as far as possible from music-making equipment.

Old 10.31.2006, 09:56 AM   #10
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Most so-called musicians really need a reality check.Let's face it,the good people know that the singer/songwriter who plays an acoustic set at the RockmotherfuckingGarden has pulled in,mostly, a crowd of people who think that acoustic guitars are nice and reassuring instruments played by nice and affable blokes who you'd trust alone in a room with your daughter.For our commitee,though,these people should be shot on site and tied up as far as possible from music-making equipment.

Or subjected to the Jandek boot-camp.

Quote:
Old 10.31.2006, 10:06 AM   #11
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
give everyone a good education and abolish private schools. stop the arms trade, take action against agressive heads of state and feed te hungry.

also like to make an entire lake out of custard and all women who i find attractive to only be a louyd to talk to me. also i am aloud to eat as much as i like but never get fat. plus all clothes i like to automatically fit and be affordable.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2006, 10:11 AM   #12
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Put an end to deforestation.

Now you'll probably think that i'm picking on you but this is a rather dodgy thing to say.Deforestation gives work to many a person in certain parts of the world.If i had to be pedantic i could interpret your wish as a racist comment.

Old 10.31.2006, 10:24 AM   #13
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Establish maximum wage as opposed to minimum wage
Full development and eventual takeover of electric cars, especially within metropolitan areas
Maximum 2 children produced per individual (believe me, this is an example of me being kind on this one)
If I can't abolish churches, I say tax the hell out of them.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2006, 10:28 AM   #14
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
hehe jon boy!

also would make a fund for all musicians to use so they can come to countries they DONT VISIT.
couldnt teleport them. as magician dont think have that sort of ability.

yeah thats a good one, they wouldnt have anymore excuses now would they.

also if anyone starts any wars then they get to explore the outer reaches of space by being blasted there in the shuttle, never to return.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2006, 10:53 AM   #15
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
id make everyone on all message boards be more of an asshole. and if they didnt keep getting worse they would be shot.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2006, 11:03 AM   #16
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Now you'll probably think that i'm picking on you but this is a rather dodgy thing to say.Deforestation gives work to many a person in certain parts of the world.If i had to be pedantic i could interpret your wish as a racist comment.

Let me elaborate for those who need to be spoon fed. There's nothing wrong with cutting down trees for wood etc, as long as it's controlled and they're replaced. At the rate we're chopping down the Amazon rainforest, there won't be any trees in the next 20-30 years. The size of France is being flattened every 5-7 years. On top of that, the rare medicinal plants that we depend on for cure's, are rapidly disappearing, and will soon cease to exist.

There are other alternative ways to create jobs for the people you so strongly defend, instead of ripping them off, by paying them minimum wages for THEIR natural resources that land up in our homes.
Now, you'll probably think that I'm picking on you, but your interpretation of my wish being a racist comment shows how ignorant you are.

I don't buy indigenous wood of any kind. Do you?
Old 10.31.2006, 11:13 AM   #17
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Let me elaborate for those who need to be spoon fed. There's nothing wrong with cutting down trees for wood etc, as long as it's controlled and they're replaced. At the rate we're chopping down the Amazon rainforest, there won't be any trees in the next 20-30 years. The size of France is being flattened every 5-7 years. On top of that, the rare medicinal plants that we depend on for cure's, are rapidly disappearing, and will soon cease to exist.

There are other alternative ways to create jobs for the people you so strongly defend, instead of ripping them off, by paying them minimum wages for THEIR natural resources that land up in our homes.
Now, you'll probably think that I'm picking on you, but your interpretation of my wish being a racist comment shows how ignorant you are.

I don't buy indigenous wood of any kind. Do you?
All well and fine but for the time being the only wages that they are likely to get is what they get.I also don't believe that chopping trees is as bad as it is made out to be.Besides,there are more urgent problems to deal with than the silly amazonic forest dilemma.

Old 10.31.2006, 11:28 AM   #18
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Quote:
All well and fine but for the time being the only wages that they are likely to get is what they get.I also don't believe that chopping trees is as bad as it is made out to be.Besides,there are more urgent problems to deal with than the silly amazonic forest dilemma.

If there are more urgent problems to deal with, why are your posts about having a strict commitee that decided wether a record should be thrusted upon humanity or not. Maybe I'm being to serious, but with a thread topic of this nature, it would be completely absurd to ignore REAL important issues.
Old 10.31.2006, 11:31 AM   #19
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Hush up Tokolosh!Who are you?princess diana?

Old 10.31.2006, 11:40 AM   #20
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

No need to loose your temper pork. This is supposed to be a board that's open for discussion, not bitching or ridiculing.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth