Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Plus Instruments on Zick Zack
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.10.2007, 06:33 PM   #1
Willy De Ville
empty page

Willy De Ville has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Hello,

I wonder if anyone knows whether Lee Ranaldo plays on the Zick Zack split 12" featuring Plus Instruments and Nasmak?

Is the Plus Instruments line-up on the Zick Zack record the same as on the "February - April '81" LP? Or is this a post Nasmak, pre New York incarnation of Plus Instruments?

Hope you can help!
Willy De Ville is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2007, 06:55 PM   #2
Willy De Ville
empty page

I think both the 12" and the LP came out in 1981.
Old 04.10.2007, 07:25 PM   #3
Willy De Ville
empty page

I'm actually not sure if he actually played an instrument on these records; perhaps he just produced (?) But what I'm wondering is was he involved with both records or just the 2nd...?
Old 04.10.2007, 07:33 PM   #4
Willy De Ville
empty page

That would be great if you could check - thanks!
Old 04.10.2007, 10:30 PM   #5
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
I have Februari-April 1981 from when someone posted it and I know Lee is on that record. I also have another album that someone posted a while ago too. It didn't have a name but the tracklisting is as follows: eleven, eyes, heartbeat, notions, so, special, spy, statego. I'm not sure if Lee is on that one. I haven't listened to it fully.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2007, 10:52 PM   #6
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Do you know what the name of it is? I haven't listened to all of the songs on it. It's just been sitting on my computer for a long time.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth