Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.01.2010, 08:53 AM   #2221
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
when it comes to puzzle games it depends. but I only heard good things bout puzzle fighter. and the SF2 series is definately my favourite fighting series with the roots back to my childhood. so this will be the next thing I think.

I always thought you got a ds...!
bangai o is damn cheap all over the net. and the gameplay is just as long as you want it to be (infinite downloadable content)
there was also a level design competition which included Ten Pro Game designer to develop their own level for the game with the included level editor. and what should I say: its awesome!!!

the sound load feature triggers nostalgia by the way cause it sounds like these fax / modem sounds hahaha

I got comix zone for the genesis so I am just semi interested in the gba version. would prefer the game genies
would you get a good price for it in the states?

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2010, 08:59 AM   #2222
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I had a DS years ago. Got rid of it in 2007 cuz it was collecting dust. My wife has one. But I just found one for $5. (yes, you read that right). So I had to buy it.

Bagai-O sounds amazing for the level editor. Is there a way to save/share yr levels???

I could probably get a lot for Comix Zone if another GBA collector like myself came along. As far as I can tell, pretty much nobody here even knows it was re-released on GBA. But if you wanted to keep I'd be fine. I'm E-Z yo.
Old 09.01.2010, 09:05 AM   #2223
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I had a DS years ago. Got rid of it in 2007 cuz it was collecting dust. My wife has one. But I just found one for $5. (yes, you read that right). So I had to buy it.

Bagai-O sounds amazing for the level editor. Is there a way to save/share yr levels???

I could probably get a lot for Comix Zone if another GBA collector like myself came along. As far as I can tell, pretty much nobody here even knows it was re-released on GBA. But if you wanted to keep I'd be fine. I'm E-Z yo.

you can share the levels as sound. thats what I am referring to. the ds makes madoem like sounds if you wanna share those levels. its done in 5 seconds!!!
so you search up the net for custom levels. hold the DS at your notebook speakers. press play on the wav/mp3 player and baddabing its in your game!!!! works perfect. you can store up to 25 on the cartridge itself and a million on your comp. levels you created will be saved the same way round. connect the headphone output to your comps line in (for best quality) hit record and send it to...ME . and I would be able in under a minute to play your level!!!
its one of the reasons why I love this game so much.
there are already metroid style levels floating around on the web. so you destroy everything bangai o style while revisiting the first level of metroid.

on the upper screen you see the overall map of each level. and some dudes design charakters with it and so on.

btw the level editor is full fledged. its FUN to make your own levels and try to trick the future players. sometimes its difficult to make them playable if your idea is too complex. but really it works.

if you are on a shmup flash at the moment. I couldnt recommend you more then this game, and maybe you will appreciate the 5 bucks you ve spend for the ds even more!!!!

Old 09.01.2010, 09:08 AM   #2224
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
OMG al -- modem-sound-triggered levels! That's amazing! It's like when my Tandy had a cassette-drive!! Wow. I think I just found my first must-get DS title!!

BTW, I'm pretty sure you own Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for GBA. But if you don't, please do. (I'm slowly leaking you my list of perfect GBA games).
Old 09.01.2010, 09:12 AM   #2225
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

its high on my wanted list!!!! I am looking forward to see the full list!

and yes the OMG thoughts doesnt stop with that game.
see a video review and you get blown away!
the only thing that the game doesnt have is a story. but for gods sake. it doesnt matter, hahaah

http://www.actionbutton.net/?p=335
pretty cool review, even if the guy snt fully aware of the sound load feature. but the rest is spot on!
the review is good despite his genesis/xbox comparison, hahaha

I TOTALLY FORGOT: It even got MULTIPLAYER, aahahahahaahah with custom maps etc. I am going nuts, I even havent played the multiplayer feature, but thinkin about it makes me going insane, really!

the game is like: Treasure made an insane game engine. put the editor with it in a box and an awesome sharing feature and lets you do whatever you want with it.

Old 09.01.2010, 04:39 PM   #2226
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I'm excited. Ps3 modchips are out! Can't wait to actually start playing next gen games!
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2010, 09:38 AM   #2227
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I'm actually playing the Gen version, which was titled Sol-Deace. Same game without the cut-scenes added to the SCD version. I love this game. It was one of the few shmups I did appreciate when I was younger, as it was a packin with the SCD.
Old 09.02.2010, 10:14 AM   #2228
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
SUPER PUZZLE FIGHTER II TURBO and TETEIS ATTACK (I think it's POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE on the gba and PLANET PUZZLE LEAGUE on the ds) are the two best puzzle games ever.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2010, 10:38 AM   #2229
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
SUPER PUZZLE FIGHTER II TURBO and TETEIS ATTACK (I think it's POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE on the gba and PLANET PUZZLE LEAGUE on the ds) are the two best puzzle games ever.

Puzzle Fighter is amazing. My favorite puzzler ever.

I'm not a huge fan of Panel De Pon (Tetris Attack, etc). I have Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (GBC) and I had Puzzle League (GBA). I think they're ok. I'm just not that good at them. Puzzle Fighter comes so 2nd nature to me.

Another puzzler I absolutely adore is Hexcite (GB). Have you played it Adam? It's not a fast-paced puzzler, but it's really excellent.
Old 09.02.2010, 01:24 PM   #2230
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
So, I've realized that I've had his Dreamcast sitting on my shelf for months, sadly untouched due to lack of games.

So I've decided that I'm going to go out and purchase a Dreamcast game today.

Here are the titles I already know that I want...

Crazy Taxi
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Power Stone 2
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Shenmue
Soul Reaver (I'm craving this one, soooo badly)
Typing of the Dead

Are there any other unsung DC classics that I may not be aware of?

Thanks guys...
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2010, 01:55 PM   #2231
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Puzzle Fighter
Mr. Driller

Dr. Eugene, you do know that DC can play burned games un-modded right?
Old 09.02.2010, 02:46 PM   #2232
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
. . .
Old 09.02.2010, 02:55 PM   #2233
noisereductions
invito al cielo

seriuosly??? YOu didnt know that? you might want to start googling and buy yrself a big stack of blank cd's.
Old 09.02.2010, 03:08 PM   #2234
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

You seriously just changed my life, NR. It's a shame that I'm never able to rep you. I honestly had no clue.

And yes, I will definitely get Mr. Driller! I used to love playing Drill Spirits back when I still owned my DS. Probably my most missed DS title... that, Castlevania, and the Rayman 2 port.
Old 09.02.2010, 04:20 PM   #2235
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Mr. Driller is decent.. way too easy though. I like the Japanese-only Puyo Puyo Fever for the PS1. Devil Dice is amazing, too, though Bombastic is better. I like Puzzle Star Sweep as well. The best ps2 puzzle games are Lumines and Puzzle Quest though.

And I am playing this right now:

Next to Puzzle Fighter, the best PS1 puzzle game -- actually, maybe the best game on the system -- is Intelligent Qube.

Old 09.02.2010, 04:42 PM   #2236
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Has anyone ever played this? I bought a copy today as it reminded me of the X-COM games.

Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2010, 04:51 PM   #2237
noisereductions
invito al cielo

^no but that's awesome. X-Com is great. I love turn based strategy games.
Old 09.02.2010, 04:54 PM   #2238
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
You seriously just changed my life, NR. It's a shame that I'm never able to rep you. I honestly had no clue.

http://www.dcevolution.net/

keep wishing you could rep me.
Old 09.02.2010, 06:51 PM   #2239
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

The DreamCast is probably the best console system of all time. It represents when the last breath of true originality, mindblowing unique gameplay... because of its failure, games like ChuChu Rockets, Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, Space Channel 5, Seaman, etc. were considered "lesser" and we are going to get a billion God of Wars now instead.

Now playing:

Old 09.02.2010, 08:46 PM   #2240
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
The DreamCast is probably the best console system of all time. It represents when the last breath of true originality, mindblowing unique gameplay... because of its failure, games like ChuChu Rockets, Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, Space Channel 5, Seaman, etc. were considered "lesser" and we are going to get a billion God of Wars now instead.

people just like to press two buttons and see "cool shit" happen. that stuff gets boring really quickly.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
62102109110111 112 113114115122162212 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth