Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What Oprah Had To Say About Men:
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.24.2007, 06:54 AM   #1
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses

* If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away.
If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.
* Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior.
Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.
* Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to
be.
* Slower is better.
* Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly
happy.
* If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you
deserve then heck no, you can't "be friends". A friend wouldn't
mistreat a friend.
* Don't settle.
* If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is.
* Don't stay because you think "it will get better." You'll be mad
a t yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.
* The only person you can control in a relationship is you.
* Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different
women. He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would
he treat you any differently?
* Always have your own set of friends separate from his.
* Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something
bothers you, speak up.
* Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you
later.
* You cannot change a man's behavior. Change comes from within.
* Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are.
Even if he has more education or in a better job. Do not make him into a
quasi-god.
He is a man, nothing more nothing less.
* Never let a man define who you are.
* Never borrow someone else's man. If he cheated with you, he'll
cheat on you.
* A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.
* All men are NOT dogs.
* You should not be the one doing all the bending ... compromise is a two
way street.
* You need time to heal between relationships... there is nothing cute
about baggage. Deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship
* You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you. A relationship
consists of two WHOLE individuals so look for someone complimentary, not
supplementary.
* Dating is fun. Even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right.
* Make him miss you sometimes. When a man always knows where you are, and
you're always readily available to him - he takes it for granted.
* Never move into his mother's house.
* Never co-sign for a man.
* Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you
need. Keep him in your radar but get to know others.

Share this with other women and men (just so they know)... :-)
You'll make someone smile, another rethink her/his choices, and
another woman prepare, and a man aware.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2007, 06:55 AM   #2
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses

Old 08.24.2007, 09:37 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
i say this with no kidding involved.. no joking.. complete seriousness: i sincerely hope oprah winfrey dies a terrible death and burns in hell forever.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2007, 10:31 AM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
most of that she said makes a lot of sense especially in the context that i suppose she said it. i never get the hate for her, if anything she got successful trying to bring some sanity to her audience, as opposed to, say, jerry springer, who simply used his freaks as bait.

and i'm glad she's a rich black woman. that must burn a lot of people like chilies on a hemorrhoid.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2007, 12:22 PM   #5
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Come to the UK and deal with that fucking Pop-Psychology Prick Jeremy Kyle. Hes such a self-rightous babboon. Im sick of his hero status amongst British Sun readers. If the readers of that paper had the capacity to sit down and read a real book on psychology and family relationships, they would notice straight away that he was full of shit. I'll take Oprah thank you very much...
Old 08.24.2007, 12:29 PM   #6
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
"Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you
later. "

FUCK YOU!!

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2007, 02:09 PM   #8
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
most of that she said makes a lot of sense especially in the context that i suppose she said it. i never get the hate for her, if anything she got successful trying to bring some sanity to her audience, as opposed to, say, jerry springer, who simply used his freaks as bait.

and i'm glad she's a rich black woman. that must burn a lot of people like chilies on a hemorrhoid.

Unfortunately, I disgree almost completely. She is a self-righteous bitch, and covers it up by giving cars to poor people. So what, she's made a living off of... what, exactly? Exploiting and talking down on those she finds below her, yet still masking even that by paying for stupid treatment classes?
She's a shit-eater, and doesn't deserve even a millionth of what she has (which is still a lot more than what anyone else has).

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2007, 02:40 PM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
"Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you
later. "

FUCK YOU!!

ha ha. you're very naive, grasshopper. sure it's not an ideal scenario, but you should see...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
Unfortunately, I disgree almost completely. She is a self-righteous bitch, and covers it up by giving cars to poor people. So what, she's made a living off of... what, exactly? Exploiting and talking down on those she finds below her, yet still masking even that by paying for stupid treatment classes?
She's a shit-eater, and doesn't deserve even a millionth of what she has (which is still a lot more than what anyone else has).

you must spend a lot of time watching and following her though. i have seen her shows maybe 3 or 4 times. i recall vividly only the following:

1) an interview w/ writer po bronson who wrote a book about how to find your career. i was channel flipping and got caught. the interview was good and i felt a little embarrassed later going to the bookstore to find said tome, but i did anyway and it was a great book for me in a time when i was disoriented about career options after dropping out of a phd. thanks oprah!

2) she was talking about "a lesson before dying", which is a book i had read before and it is quite good, about this black man who is sentenced to death & decides to learn to read before he gets fried @ the electric chair. i was amazed that such "housewive's show" (if we'll judge by the time when it runs) wasn't pushing such drivel as romance novels and was actually promoting good literature. go oprah!

i dont have many more oprah memories, except when the texas ranchers tried to sue her ass for saying shit about meat. mhuahahahhahaha. hilarious.

anyway, i don't know if she eats shit or baked beans, i do not care. i suppose that coprolalia is a very private kink. i do not get why people would care so much about her unless they are under her spell somehow. i also dont know what "treatment classes" are. as i said, i don't spend afternoons watching housewife shows. i prefer to post drivel on the internet, which is a more macho thing to do.

i suppose that anyone who is successful in some form or another is going to invite the envy and resentment of those who have nothing, but as someone who tries to live free of resentments i don't give a fuck if people make trillions in some sort of legitimate way. i figure nobody forces people to tune to her show, and she's not a televangelist, is she? my guess again is: black + woman + megarich = chillies on the hemorrhoids of h8rz.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2007, 03:34 PM   #10
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
i say fuck yeah.

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2007, 05:48 PM   #11
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Women are idiots for not knowing these already.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2007, 08:29 PM   #12
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I am indifferent about Oprah.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2007, 09:19 PM   #13
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
oprah should be shot in the face...... i have a severe hate and disdain for that bitch....................

that is my piece
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2007, 09:59 PM   #14
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
i say this with no kidding involved.. no joking.. complete seriousness: i sincerely hope oprah winfrey dies a terrible death and burns in hell forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
worse. human being. ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
Yeah, what a bitch right? Giving cars to poor people because she doesn't want people to know how self righteous she is.

As if being self righteous was some sort of sin that has never been heard of on this forum.

I honestly don't understand why everyone is hating on her so much. Anyone want to explain?
Old 08.24.2007, 10:13 PM   #15
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
* If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away.

Bullshit. Another guy can keep him away, a gun can keep him away, bad breath can keep him away, thinking the girl is a depressed nutcase can keep him away, etc.

*If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.

Bullshit. Convenience, food, sex, hobbies are all bait that men will take.

* Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior.
Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.

What kind of excuses? There is a big difference between "He isn't 100% physically fit, but he treats me right and is fun" and "He beats me, but I deserve it."

* Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to
be.

Every fucking relationship requires change by both people.

* Slower is better.

Up to a point, yes.

* Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly
happy.

Some people will never be happy by themselves. Or in a relationship. Fact of life.

* If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you
deserve then heck no, you can't "be friends". A friend wouldn't
mistreat a friend.

Friends mistreat friends all the time. And this is pretty vague. Is he not giving you a continental breakfast every morning and fluffing your pillows, or does he treat you like a slave?

* Don't settle.

Newsflash: There is only 1 Johnny Depp in the world.

* If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is.

God this gets more and more antiman. "If you suspect someone, they are probably guilty." WTF ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? And maybe this girl is just paranoid.

* Don't stay because you think "it will get better." You'll be mad
a t yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.

Because relationships are always smooth sailing. First argument in a relationship, just leave, no matter what it is over. This girl is gonna be a lonely miserable person.

* The only person you can control in a relationship is you.

WRONG! An impowered woman can teach a man to sit. Give him a blowjob every once in awhile and he'll do anything, provided it is good enough.

* Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different
women. He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would
he treat you any differently?

He didn't marry them? What about she didn't marry him? Oprah's such a fucking man hater. Maybe he knocked the girl up, wanted to get married, and the girl said "no." That happens more than people realize.

* Always have your own set of friends separate from his.

Is this like pre-break up insurance? Like, don't have it end up being one group of friends, because then one of you is gonna need to find a bunch of new ones after my horrible advice has you break up.

* Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something
bothers you, speak up.

No shit sherlock.

* Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you
later.

WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? THAT IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS ANTI MAN SHIT. You can't have a healthy relationship by keeping things from eachother.

* You cannot change a man's behavior. Change comes from within.

Yeah you can. Just walk in a room of all guys. Their behavior instantly changes.

* Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are.
Even if he has more education or in a better job. Do not make him into a
quasi-god.

Also, don't ever compliment him, in fact, berate him, and tell him how insignificant he is. Don't ever cancel an appointment to spend time with him, because you're just as important as him.

*He is a man, nothing more nothing less.

Translation: all men are the same and replacable.

* Never let a man define who you are.

Never marry, never date, never have a boyfriend. Because you'll then be defined as "that guy's wife, that guy's date, or that guy's girlfriend"

* Never borrow someone else's man. If he cheated with you, he'll
cheat on you.

What if he was in an abusive relationship and his wife hurt him and also never had sex with him, but he was too much of a pussy to leave her until you have come along?

* A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.

So women who get raped were raped because they allowed it?

* All men are NOT dogs.

some are rats (now her first non misandric statement is misandric )

* You should not be the one doing all the bending ... compromise is a two
way street.

Translation: Your man has to spend half of the superbowl not watching it, but instead watching Sleepless in Seattle.

* You need time to heal between relationships... there is nothing cute
about baggage. Deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship

That's unrealistic. People have issues that they cling to til the day they die. They shouldn't pursue relationships because of that?

* You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you. A relationship
consists of two WHOLE individuals so look for someone complimentary, not
supplementary.

Also, don't have sex as it is symbolic of the myth of completion.

* Dating is fun. Even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right.

Use men you aren't interested in for free food!

* Make him miss you sometimes. When a man always knows where you are, and you're always readily available to him - he takes it for granted.

Torture him a little bit. Think of a cat playing with a mouse it has caught. Be the cat.

* Never move into his mother's house.

Because that isn't OK in american culture, despite it being OK in other cultures, it is wrong/communist. I honestly wouldn't want to live with a girl I'm in a relationship and my mother, but there isn't anything wrong with it. A lot of other cultures have spouses move in and the young take over the household and take care of the old. No need for fricking retirement communities.

* Never co-sign for a man.

But co-sign for a woman? How is a man any more likely to screw you over than a woman?

* Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you
need. Keep him in your radar but get to know others.

No man offers everything.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2007, 10:34 PM   #16
davenotdead
invito al cielo

well, i really like this thread now, thanks guys...

...and to those who don't understand the Oprah bashing...well, I dislike her because she is rich off of her fake identity "woman savior", also, as SpectralJulian pointed out, she is giving absolute shit advice, turning women into despicable creatures, and being praised and paid for it, all because "she made it" as a black woman...just because she's the first black woman billionaire, doesnt mean she's a decent human being...far from it, from everything Ive seen/read about her....

Let's fight the power guys! http://www.ihateoprah.com/

Old 08.24.2007, 11:03 PM   #17
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
well, considering most of what she does is present people in misery (being raped, being on drugs, living in squalor, etc) and give them a very morbid look ("so, do you think after being sexually molested by this person when you were 13, do you think you were in love with him?" they used to put this on an tv advert here among many other interviews) and interview celebrities and presenting them as role models just because they have money, i would consider her a really shitty person.

she's so marketed that talking badly about her makes you look like a bigot because she's black, which she never stops parading.

of course, her show is not always about fucked up people who's lives she saves by donating them money or paying them therapy and retard celebrities with massive box office records as if saying that you only are worth anything as a human being if you appear on tv, but still, that side is pretty rotten. girls who have been raped don't need to be humiliated on tv and then get this completely idiotic beatles fanatics teenage girl screaming audience for sharing her pain.

at least jerry springer dealt with weirdos (meaning stupid people trying to get attention or that are just plain ignorant) and had fun with them, instead of exploiting people with real problems by faking sympathy for their own fame.

and she is one of the fakest persons ever to roam the earth, every word she says sounds scripted, every expression in her face, not to mention she has more plastic surgeries than most hollywood put together.

and about the cars, well, that's the very least she could do, and not all her audience members are poor, by the way.

yeah, i'm aware i'm talking about just one example here, but i think with that one is enough to tell you what a horrible waste of space oprah is.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2007, 11:09 PM   #18
davenotdead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
well, considering most of what she does is present people in misery (being raped, being on drugs, living in squalor, etc) and give them a very morbid look ("so, do you think after being sexually molested by this person when you were 13, do you think you were in love with him?" they used to put this on an tv advert here among many other interviews) and interview celebrities and presenting them as role models just because they have money, i would consider her a really shitty person.

she's so marketed that talking badly about her makes you look like a bigot because she's black, which she never stops parading.

so true....

Old 08.25.2007, 01:30 AM   #19
total-trash
children of satan

total-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's asses
i never watch oprah. one talk show i seem to have come across quite a bit lately is the tyra show . she is full of it. pretty, but full of it.
total-trash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2007, 02:32 AM   #20
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I say that list is for both men and women.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth