Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page another one bites the dust, namely Sen. Larry Craig (R-ID)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.30.2007, 12:01 AM   #1
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses

Washington Post

Larry Craig: Still Not Gay

Idaho Senator Larry Craig has been publicly denying assertions that he's gay since at least 1982, when a whisper campaign implicated him in a House page scandal.
Back then he called allegations of homosexual conduct "despicable." Last year he called new charges brought by notorious gay-rights activist Mike Rogers "completely ridiculous." On Monday, Craig denied "any inappropriate conduct" in a men's room at the Minneapolis airport (even after he pleaded guilty). And today, he declared "I am not gay and never have been."
And in between his 1982 denial (click here to watch archive ABC News video of it) and last year's, he called President Bill Clinton a "naughty boy" and talked of giving the president a little spanking for his Oval Office tryst and denial of it.
Appearing on NBC's "Meet the Press" at the height of the impeachment trial against Clinton, on January 24, 1999, Craig told Tim Russert that a censure resolution would be "a slap on the wrist."
"Its a, 'Bad boy, Bill Clinton. You're a naughty boy,'" Craig said. "The American people already know that Bill Clinton is a bad boy, a naughty boy. I'm going to speak out for the citizens of my state, who in the majority think that Bill Clinton is probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy."
It's entirely possible that the citizens of his state might think Craig, who is up for re-election in 2008, is a naughty boy, too.
(And what's up with that Idaho Senate seat -- is it cursed or what? Craig's predecessor, Steve Symms (R-Idaho), was forced to retire in 1991 over rumors that he was philandering with ladies behind his wife's back.)
The Idaho Statesman newspaper wrote an exhaustive story based on a five-month investigation in which it detailed a series of charges of homosexual liaisons and innuendo against Craig going back to 1967. Reacting to one charge that Craig "cruised" a man at an REI store in Boise in 1994, Craig said, "I've been in this business 27 years in the public eye here. I don't go around anywhere hitting on men, and by God, if I did, I wouldn't do it in Boise, Idaho! Jiminy!"
OK. But what about in Minneapolis?
All we know is, Craig's opening line from today's news conference at which he -- again, and repeatedly -- denied that he's gay will surely make the late-night comedy rounds. Craig's opener: "Thank you for coming out today."

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2007, 12:05 AM   #2
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Heard about Owen Wilson being admitted to the emergency room a few days ago, and it turns out that what I half-suspected was up is true. After all, that guy has a noticeable deviated septum. Kate Hudson must've did a real number on him, or vice versa, or both.
Old 08.30.2007, 12:06 AM   #3
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Yeah, everyone's heard about Mr. Craig by now. I heard much earlier today.
Old 08.30.2007, 12:59 AM   #4
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i've never been more proud to be an Idahoan.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth