Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page David Lynch album-Crazy Clown Time
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools
Old 10.14.2011, 09:36 PM   #21
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%
 
hipster_bebop_junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mexico
Posts: 735
hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
"Crazy Clown Time" can now be pre-ordered from i-tunes or amazon:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/...me/id468657510

http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Clown-Ti...6714553&sr=1-1
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 04:57 PM   #22
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%
 
hipster_bebop_junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mexico
Posts: 735
hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
David Lynch - In The Studio



 


Get a behind the scenes peak: Click here to watch footage of David Lynch himself in the studio creating 'Crazy Clown Time'.
Visionary filmmaker David Lynch will make his solo debut as a musical artist this fall with Crazy Clown Time. Produced and written by Lynch, the albumís 14 original songs spotlight him on guitar and vocals. The album will be released Internationally on November 7th (November 8th in North America) by Sunday Best Recordings / [PIAS] America.
Pre-Order Available Now!


USAAmazon | iTunes
UKAmazon | HMV | Play | iTunes
JapanCD (Beatink) | iTunes
GermanyCD | Boxset | LP | iTunes
SpainDigital
NorwayCD | iTunes
SwedenCD | iTunes
DenmarkCD | iTunes
AustraliaCD | iTunes
FranceAmazon (standard) | Amazon (Deluxe) | iTunes |Fnac (standard) | Fnac (deluxe)







© David Lynch


__________________
Religion kills more than it saves you, man...
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2011, 08:28 PM   #23
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%
 
hipster_bebop_junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mexico
Posts: 735
hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
An interview with indiewire:
http://www.indiewire.com/article/dav...ime_interview/
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2011, 06:45 PM   #24
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%
 
hipster_bebop_junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mexico
Posts: 735
hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Bump.

The whole record is up for streaming on NPR:

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/30/141598...azy-clown-time
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2011, 01:38 PM   #25
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%
 
hipster_bebop_junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mexico
Posts: 735
hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
David Lynch will be discussing "Crazy Clown Time" and playing tracks off it tomorrow on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic:

http://www.kcrw.com/music/programs/m...110david_lynch
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2011, 01:21 PM   #26
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%
 
hipster_bebop_junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mexico
Posts: 735
hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Bump.

This might concern to those David Lynch fans living in California: He'll be signing copies of his album, "Crazy Clown Time", at Amoeba Records in Hollywood, on December 6. Details in this facemook event, created by amoeba:

http://www.facebook.com/events/315476595148793/
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2012, 10:16 AM   #27
stu666
Super Moderator
 
stu666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Stowmarket
Posts: 13,472
stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
http://youtu.be/6QJpY2VNP0E
__________________

 



http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/


stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2012, 11:00 AM   #28
kicksexoutthevan
little trouble girl
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 45
kicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asses
Crazy Clown time is an excellent name for an album. Its visual...
kicksexoutthevan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2012, 12:15 PM   #29
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%
 
hipster_bebop_junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mexico
Posts: 735
hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
"Intense psychotic backyard craziness, fueled by beer", in David Lynch's words. I like it... Ended up buying the super deluxe edition of the album a while ago. I've listened to it a lot and I won't be tired of it anytime soon. Same with Chrysta Bell's album...
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2012, 12:55 PM   #30
Murmer99
stalker
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 368
Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
I was just listening to this yesterday. I absolutely love it

I heard he's been working on painting lately and has no devotion to making films anymore. At least not until he "gets the ideas". Here is a recent interview of his with a slideshow of some of his artwork

http://www.artinfo.com/news/story/76...-new-paintings
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2012, 12:55 PM   #31
Murmer99
stalker
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 368
Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
I need to get my copy of crazy clown time!
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2012, 02:11 PM   #32
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%
 
hipster_bebop_junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mexico
Posts: 735
hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
I was just listening to this yesterday. I absolutely love it

I heard he's been working on painting lately and has no devotion to making films anymore. At least not until he "gets the ideas". Here is a recent interview of his with a slideshow of some of his artwork

http://www.artinfo.com/news/story/76...-new-paintings
He has always been a painter or graphic artist to a large degree outside of his work as a filmmaker, but you are right in the sense that he is focusing on it a lot lately. There is an exhibition of his work at Tilton Gallery in New York City these days. Really beautiful, abstract combinations of drawings and sculpture, somewhat primitive but enriched with textures and even attached lightbulbs.

I wouldn't think of "lack of devotion" as the right term to refer to his possible reasons for being absent from filmmaking. Quite the contrary, perhaps. As you posted, he has mentioned in several recent interviews that he hasn't made a new film on the basis that he is waiting for the arrival of the right idea and dose of inspiration to start working on a new one. It's evident that he doesn't want to (or can't) re-visit old possibilities that had huge potential and interest from certain part of his followers, and would rather do something new at this point whenever he considers it's the right time. In a sense, this isn't really strange considering that he always takes long intervals of time in between films. For years it was rumored that his next film would be "Ronnie Rocket", but apparently the difficulties to find financial support to make it happen, plus the complications to find the appropriate cast have finally vanished every possibility. Still, I'm sure we haven't yet seen David Lynch's last ever film. He is constantly interested in many disciplines, and constantly working, whether at making music, sculpting and drawing, and even creating some really nice pieces of furniture; so as long as he is active, I think it's just a matter of time before he gets interested and involved in creating (hopefully) another masterpiece for the celluloid.

Furthermore, I'm thankful that there is plenty of interesting stuff going on in regards to David Lynch and his past and present work. I was so happy when it was announced last year that Chrysta Bell's album, "This Train", which took a long time to be produced, was finally going to see the light of day. It was a perfect masterpiece to me. As senseless as it may sound, I do actually like it even more than I do David Lynch's "Crazy Clown Time", though that's not to say the latter is a flawed album. Both are great. In a time when mr. Lynch is really interested in promoting Trascendental Meditation as a way to improve the lives of anyone who cares to dive in, it just makes me really glad that his drive to create good stuff has remained intact and that such ideas aren't the only thing we got these days from him. I also find really exciting those upcoming projects born out of the fascination with David Lynch: Both "It's A Strange World-The Filming Of Blue Velvet", and "LYNCH Three Project" should be really awesome.
__________________
Religion kills more than it saves you, man...
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2012, 04:24 PM   #33
atari 2600
invito al cielo
 
atari 2600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,208
atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
just saw the link that's up at metafilter today and dropped by to post it
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2012, 04:33 PM   #34
nicfit
invito al cielo
 
nicfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: banana boat
Posts: 15,569
nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Haven't heard the album yet.
Honestly, that song+vid got me a bit bored after a while...nice sounds, but not too engaging for my tastes, perhaps that track it's just a bit too long for what it has to offer..
__________________
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2012, 06:20 PM   #35
Murmer99
stalker
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 368
Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
He has always been a painter or graphic artist to a large degree outside of his work as a filmmaker, but you are right in the sense that he is focusing on it a lot lately. There is an exhibition of his work at Tilton Gallery in New York City these days. Really beautiful, abstract combinations of drawings and sculpture, somewhat primitive but enriched with textures and even attached lightbulbs.

I wouldn't think of "lack of devotion" as the right term to refer to his possible reasons for being absent from filmmaking. Quite the contrary, perhaps. As you posted, he has mentioned in several recent interviews that he hasn't made a new film on the basis that he is waiting for the arrival of the right idea and dose of inspiration to start working on a new one. It's evident that he doesn't want to (or can't) re-visit old possibilities that had huge potential and interest from certain part of his followers, and would rather do something new at this point whenever he considers it's the right time. In a sense, this isn't really strange considering that he always takes long intervals of time in between films. For years it was rumored that his next film would be "Ronnie Rocket", but apparently the difficulties to find financial support to make it happen, plus the complications to find the appropriate cast have finally vanished every possibility. Still, I'm sure we haven't yet seen David Lynch's last ever film. He is constantly interested in many disciplines, and constantly working, whether at making music, sculpting and drawing, and even creating some really nice pieces of furniture; so as long as he is active, I think it's just a matter of time before he gets interested and involved in creating (hopefully) another masterpiece for the celluloid.

Furthermore, I'm thankful that there is plenty of interesting stuff going on in regards to David Lynch and his past and present work. I was so happy when it was announced last year that Chrysta Bell's album, "This Train", which took a long time to be produced, was finally going to see the light of day. It was a perfect masterpiece to me. As senseless as it may sound, I do actually like it even more than I do David Lynch's "Crazy Clown Time", though that's not to say the latter is a flawed album. Both are great. In a time when mr. Lynch is really interested in promoting Trascendental Meditation as a way to improve the lives of anyone who cares to dive in, it just makes me really glad that his drive to create good stuff has remained intact and that such ideas aren't the only thing we got these days from him. I also find really exciting those upcoming projects born out of the fascination with David Lynch: Both "It's A Strange World-The Filming Of Blue Velvet", and "LYNCH Three Project" should be really awesome.

Yes, that's true. He's always been a diligent artist and typically is involved with something. He has a very particular way of working and he emphasizes on the importance of staying true to the ideas and impulses that emanate from his subconscious. BUT this (if I'm not mistaken) is like the longest he has gone without making a film since the transition from twin peaks to... either lost highway or mulholland dr. so as a huge fan I sometimes worry that Inland Empire is the last we'll see from him. I've been saying for a long time on this board that he's the filmmaker I identify with the most so I guess I might've exaggerated in my previous post. It's a shame about the Ronnie Rocket issue. He's been working on and off with the script for decades... and there's like two entirely different scripts for it I think? it sounded like it could've been his best film if executed properly of course. Jack Nance and Dennis Hopper were rumored to be in it but it'll be a bit difficult to find them now. It seems like its been a very crucial piece of work to him (otherwise he wouldn't have persisted in writing it for so long) so it would be disappointing if he never gets to make it.

would you mind elaborating on the filming of blue velvet thing? I've heard of this a few times but haven't been able to find out much about it.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2012, 07:00 PM   #36
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%
 
hipster_bebop_junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mexico
Posts: 735
hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Yes, that's true. He's always been a diligent artist and typically is involved with something. He has a very particular way of working and he emphasizes on the importance of staying true to the ideas and impulses that emanate from his subconscious. BUT this (if I'm not mistaken) is like the longest he has gone without making a film since the transition from twin peaks to... either lost highway or mulholland dr. so as a huge fan I sometimes worry that Inland Empire is the last we'll see from him. I've been saying for a long time on this board that he's the filmmaker I identify with the most so I guess I might've exaggerated in my previous post. It's a shame about the Ronnie Rocket issue. He's been working on and off with the script for decades... and there's like two entirely different scripts for it I think? it sounded like it could've been his best film if executed properly of course. Jack Nance and Dennis Hopper were rumored to be in it but it'll be a bit difficult to find them now. It seems like its been a very crucial piece of work to him (otherwise he wouldn't have persisted in writing it for so long) so it would be disappointing if he never gets to make it.

would you mind elaborating on the filming of blue velvet thing? I've heard of this a few times but haven't been able to find out much about it.

In regards to "Ronnie Rocket": Yes, it apparently is something David Lynch really intended to take to the big screen, but according to rumors and speculations it always was pushed aside in the past, due to the fact that it was rejected in consideration that it wouldn't be a very commercial film so he always had to try with another project instead. He even had a hard time to find funds for "Mulholland Drive" (originally intended as a TV series) and it turned out to be one of his most praised films, and judging by the scripts floating around of "Ronnie Rocket", I suppose that might be a great piece of work as well, though I guess it would be equally understandable that it would be hard to obtain financing for it. He has spoken very fondly of it, and it has been said that many aspects of "Ronnie Rocket" have found a way in some other things he has done (like the "Sycamore Trees" on "Twin Peaks" for instance) perhaps because he has always known that making it hasn't ever been a viable move. In a recent interview I read (either at Mojo Magazine or Q), he said he wouldn't refuse to let that project go except for the fact that casting would be really complicated and he doesn't really think there will be an actor appropriate for the role. Michael Anderson ("The Man From Another Place" on the "Twin Peaks" saga and "Mr. Roque" on "Mulholland Drive") was the one he considered perfect for the part as far as I understand, but the project was turned down maybe many times when he was at his prime, and now his old age and some other complications wouldn't allow him to make that role anymore. Maybe the world needs a good dwarf actor to appear while David Lynch is still on the planet in order to reignite some hope that we get to see "Ronnie Rocket" one day.

As for "It's a Strange World-The Filming Of Blue Velvet": It's an independent documentary film directed by Benedict Fancy, on Fiddler's Creek Productions, which has been funded by a Kickstarter campaign and it's currently on post production and likely to be released sometime next year. I see their official website is down now, but if you are on facemook you can find some info and get updates from them if you "like" them there (I do realize the timeline thing has fucked a lot of the content, though):
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Its-a-...06246812747242



Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Haven't heard the album yet.
Honestly, that song+vid got me a bit bored after a while...nice sounds, but not too engaging for my tastes, perhaps that track it's just a bit too long for what it has to offer..
The album is really long, close to 80 minutes in total length. It also has a lot more to offer in the same vein. You might be better staying away from it judging by your impressions, I suppose.
__________________
Religion kills more than it saves you, man...
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2012, 01:09 PM   #37
dazedcola
the end of the ugly
 
dazedcola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,075
dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
its weird he kinda sounds like wayne coyne when he sings in a good way
__________________
"I said I didnt mean to take up all your sweet time
Ill give it right back one of these days
If I dont meet you no more in this world then uh
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye


"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2012, 01:55 PM   #38
nicfit
invito al cielo
 
nicfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: banana boat
Posts: 15,569
nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
The album is really long, close to 80 minutes in total length. It also has a lot more to offer in the same vein. You might be better staying away from it judging by your impressions, I suppose.

I think I'll give it a listen soon, I can "stand" long albums, and I do like that atmosphere, I just expected to be a bit more surprised by it (expect to be surprised soudns weird hahah) sounds a bit like a "sped up/on steroirds" version of "mountains falling" from MD OST, in some way. It could probably be among the records I do end up liking, but after a period of "study" (listening a few times in a week) wouldn't listen to much often, just when the mood strikes.
__________________
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2012, 10:23 PM   #39
Ghostchase
100%
 
Ghostchase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Western Decay
Posts: 796
Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
I thought he almost sounds like Beth Gibbons of Portishead, on the amazing track "I Know".
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2012, 09:23 PM   #40
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%
 
hipster_bebop_junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mexico
Posts: 735
hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Bump, because this might have a bit of relevance in regards to some topics touched in this thread, besides the "Crazy Clown Time" record...

David Lynch interviewed by Dusty Wright. Some of the subjects candidly discussed are: Mr. Lynch's current vision in regards to his graphic artwork (his exhibition of paintings at Tilton Gallery in New York), Transcendental Meditation, David Lynch Foundation, creative partnership with Dean Hurley and the creation of "Crazy Clown Time", his appreciation of custom-made guitars, and high definition video cameras as his favorite medium for filmmaking as of lately, his love of tobacco and American Spirit as his brand of choice, the trauma of Santa Claus' irreality, and even provides a (kind of ambiguous) revelation that "Inland Empire" (maybe) won't be his last ever film.

http://blip.tv/dusty-wrights-culture...t-show-6102425

Also, Welcome to Twin Peaks speculates that David Lynch's anecdote about his grandfather's particular way to light his cigarettes might have found its way to reflect on Twin Peaks. I'm inclined to think that's spot on and likely accurate.
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|


Thread Tools

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth