Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Temple of the Dog will reunite !!!!!!! (= Pearl Jam + Soundgarden's singer)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.21.2016, 07:22 AM   #1
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, never thought that this would ever happen. I sure hope they'll visit Europe

[FONT=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]
TEMPLE OF THE DOG REUNITE FOR FIRST EVER TOUR
PRESALE BEGINS TODAY AT 10AM PST
25TH ANNIVERSARY REISSUE COLLECTION DUE SEPTEMBER 30TH
[/font]
[/font]

[FONT=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif] Temple of the Dog has reunited and will tour this November, for the first time since forming in 1990.

The Seattle supergroup featuring Soundgarden’s Chris Cornell, Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, and Mike McCready, and drummer Matt Cameron (drummer for both Soundgarden and Pearl Jam) will play five US cities: Philadelphia, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Seattle. “We wanted to do the one thing we never got to do … play shows and see what it feels like to be the band that we walked away from 25 years ago,” says Chris Cornell.

Ticket pre-sales begin TODAY (July 20) at 10:00 AM PST and ends July 27 at 10am PST – The pre-sale links are listed below (pre-sale password is Phrases and is not case sensitive). Tickets will go on sale to the general public HERE on Friday, July 29th, at 12 noon local time. $1.50 from each ticket sold will benefit the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation and an additional $1.50 will benefit Pearl Jam’s Vitalogy Foundation.

The tour marks the 25th anniversary of the release of Temple of the Dog’s first and only album, a self-titled set that was released by A&M Records on April 16th, 1991.

On September 30th UMe will release a special Temple of the Dog 25th anniversary reissue collection of their landmark album, newly mixed by Brendan O’Brien and remastered. The collection will be available in four configurations, including a four disc Super Deluxe, a double LP, a two CD Deluxe, and a single CD. Physical pre-orders are available HERE.
[/font]
[/font]

[FONT=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif] Temple of the Dog’s upcoming tour dates are as follows:
[/font]
[/font]

November 4, 2016 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theater Tickets November 7, 2016 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Tickets November 11, 2016 San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic Center Tickets November 14, 2016 Los Angeles, CA The Forum Tickets November 20, 2016 Seattle, WA Paramount Theater Tickets

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2016, 09:14 AM   #2
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
That's super hard to read, but ok.
Also, they have actually played love before — Pitchfork said it was the first time ever, but a friend of mine did PR for a Pearl Jam/Soundgarden tour in like 2011, and the bands did join up for "Hunger Strike," "Say Hello to Heaven," etc. during the tour. Or so I hear. I didn't go because, y'know, it was a Pearl Jam/Soundgarden tour in fucking 2011.

I still blast "Hunger Strike" when it comes on the radio. Probably always will.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2016, 10:28 AM   #3
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
sorry, I copy/pasted it directly from my mail.
As far as I can recall, the times that they did play live it was Chris joining in during actual Peal Jam shows. So not really TOTD shows.

I loved that album a lot, especially the first four or five songs

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2016, 10:45 AM   #4
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
would be cool if this led to a sophomore album.
Old 08.05.2016, 01:52 PM   #5
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
The Say hello to Heaven riff is the best riff evaar. Used to love the album but ultimately came to realise that classic rock wankery wasn't my bag.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2016, 03:46 AM   #6
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
ha! TOTD tour after 25 years.... I was never into Soundgarden (I like their track from the Singles STO. though) and I loved Pearl Jam when the first album came out. Ten is amazing. I would listened to them to up to the 3rd. album and then I do not know somehow I lost interest in them or as Diesel is nicely puting it above came to realise that classic rock wankery wasn't my bag (with all the respect). Hunger Strike is a great track. I should have a orig. cassette in my room in my parents house. 25 years? all those anniversary celebrations make you realise how fast that time fly. fuck.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2016, 10:35 AM   #7
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
This band is shit.. Pearl Jam sucks too.

/ My opinion.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2016, 07:40 PM   #8
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
ha!

i liked them when i was 12 in 92. i can't bare to put that album on now. though i think there might've been a good ballad or two. was it the last song? the one in Waynes World. it was very soulful.

Hunker Strike was one of those ironic songs that you liked and also laughed about with yr friends. like "Im Two Sexy" or the Biz's "Just a Friend".

i still dig lots of Soundgarden dough.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2016, 10:30 AM   #9
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
ha!

i liked them when i was 12 in 92. i can't bare to put that album on now. though i think there might've been a good ballad or two. was it the last song? the one in Waynes World. it was very soulful.

Hunker Strike was one of those ironic songs that you liked and also laughed about with yr friends. like "Im Two Sexy" or the Biz's "Just a Friend".

i still dig lots of Soundgarden dough.

It's funny you should say that about "Hunger Strike" ... That's exactly the experience I've had with it. Yeah, I like it. I think they briefly tapped into something epic with that song. But I've also put it on just for laughs in smoke filled rooms to mimic Cornell's overly dramatic falsetto yowl near the end... You know the part in talking about... That GOIN' HUNGRAY YEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHRRRRRGGH!. Bloody hilarious is what it is.

But it's also a good song in the way that U2's "With or Without You" is a good song. It's elemental somehow. Laughable, certainly, but you'd have to have a heart of stone to completely hate it.

Though generall speaking I do completely hate U2.
Old 08.11.2016, 07:23 PM   #10
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
the video for Hunger Strike is comedy gold. Chris and Eddy head banging on the beach. one of them does the head bang death metal twirl in slow mo. lol!!! fucking A hilarious.

yes. it's still a good song but that's because it's bread and butter. tried and true. homely and familiar. Chris is/was a hottie.
Old 08.14.2016, 10:20 AM   #11
Severian
invito al cielo

Eh. I'm more of an EdVed guy. Talk about hottie. Chris looked like a high school Metallica fan who spent too much time in the basement.

Old 08.14.2016, 10:21 AM   #12
Severian
invito al cielo

Old 08.14.2016, 10:22 AM   #13
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder

/ My opinion.

Yeah, TOTD pretty much sucks shit, but they were also kind of great. Again, "Hunger Strike" is good, in that kind of embarrassing, kind of touching, nostalgic way.

And Pearl Jam was electric in '94-'95. For real. They made enough good stuff to be "suck-shit" immune, no matter what they've become (old, boring, sweatpants guys playing classic rock with no energy). But when Vs. came out, it sounded insane. Now it sounds awful of course, but Vitalogy will always sound good. Except for Better Man. God, I hate that song. Used to love it though.

You're too young, dude. No offense. You had to really grow up with this stuff to "get it." Not that there's much to "get" ... I don't mean that in an intellectual way. But the early '90s felt magical to stupid kids like me.
Old 08.14.2016, 02:27 PM   #14
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder

/ My opinion.

thank you.

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2016, 04:01 PM   #15
Severian
invito al cielo

I really don't think it's a point of contention on this board. I'm surprised that anyone here would be pumped about a Temple of the Dog reunion tour, to be honest. I think your average Sonic Yourh fans and your average Pearl Jam fans have VERY little overlap in the grand scheme of things. Group A being hardcore SY fans who own every album and listen to all the weird side projects, group B being hardcore Pearl Jam fans who ... I don't know... wear sweatpants and work at saw mills and get made fun of by all the Slayer fans, or teenagers who get made fun of by all the whatever the fuck fans... It would probably like a 5% overlap in a ven diagram. Sheeit
Old 08.15.2016, 07:35 AM   #16
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
yep, the 90s felt great.. i appreciate the nostalgia associated with this, but that's about all..

charli xcx talks about how the 90s were great - but she basically imagines that everyone was watching reservoir dogs and listening to alice in chains..
the reality was everyone watched the bodyguard and listened to color me badd..

it cuts both ways...

*/**
nothing here...

Old 08.15.2016, 09:47 AM   #17
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymoan
yep, the 90s felt great.. i appreciate the nostalgia associated with this, but that's about all..

charli xcx talks about how the 90s were great - but she basically imagines that everyone was watching reservoir dogs and listening to alice in chains..
the reality was everyone watched the bodyguard and listened to color me badd..

it cuts both ways...

Hah! Yeah. Bodyguard, then Titanic. The early '90s and late '90s feel like entirely different decades in retrospect.
Old 08.16.2016, 01:59 AM   #18
candymoan
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Hah! Yeah. Bodyguard, then Titanic. The early '90s and late '90s feel like entirely different decades in retrospect.

it might be good idea to break down the decades:
the 90s started in 1988, and lasted until 1997..
in retrospect, it makes much more sense..

*/**
nothing here...

Old 08.16.2016, 08:44 AM   #19
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymoan
it might be good idea to break down the decades:
the 90s started in 1988, and lasted until 1997..
in retrospect, it makes much more sense..

Yes, this works better. Then 1997-2000 were lost in a time vortex of some kind. A strange and terrible place where horizons became vertical, mouths were smashed, and the something called TRL took over the world for a sec.

There was still great music in these years, but the world mostly missed it. Things didn't start looking up until 2001, which was just a beast of a year for music.
Old 08.17.2016, 04:24 PM   #20
pepper_green
Banned

I break it down to this:

92 - 96/97 - 2000. 90 and 91 was just the 80's waiting for the 90's to really kick in.

97 was post Beavis and Butthead and the start of nu/rap metal TRL pop rap. for me it was a great time for me to decide who I really was and what I really liked without any mainstream influence at all.

ha! thank you. wasn't that fun to think back. late 90's was a disastrous waste land.

2001 is when things got interesting again.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth