Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Discogs Daily Dig
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.09.2020, 02:45 AM   #1
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Consider this a sister thread to the Bandcamp one. From Brooklyn Vegan:

Third Man, Drag City, Numero Group & more indie labels selling rarities via Discogs Daily Dig initiative

Quote:
Online music marketplace Discogs has just launched the Discogs Daily Dig, an initiative to support indie record labels during the coronavirus pandemic. Each day they will focus on a different indie label that will sell rarities, test pressings, out-of-print releases, and back catalog through Discogs. It started today (5/5) with Numero Group and here’s the first week’s schedule:
  • Tuesday, May 5 – Numero Group
  • Wednesday, May 6 – Captured Tracks
  • Thursday, May 7 – Burger Records
  • Friday, May 8 – Trouble In Mind
  • Saturday, May 9 – Stones Throw
  • Sunday, May 10 – Drag City
  • Monday, May 11 – Third Man Records
Follow Discogs Facebook or Twitter for more info on each day’s Daily Dig.

As far as I can tell, the "Daily Digs" don't last a day, but until they run out of stuff. Here's a more colorful description by Drag City:

Quote:
Hey gang, Discogs much? Drag City at Discogs much? Well, you've never done it this way before. Order direct from the Drag City shop on Discogs , kicking off at 9am EST on Sunday, May 10th (and forthwith, while supplies last!). The whole catalog will be there, including a few deep pulls from our archives - no, not test-pressings! That would be like selling our children (or their old onesies, anyway) - some long OOP items are being posted for launch day however, and we'll have other things posted there in the not-too-distant- not just new releases, but slightly-ding'd (NM- or VG+? The debate rolls on....) old titles at discount for all you financially strapped and/or OG freaks.

We've got plans for Discogs! And soon, we'll know what they are. In the meantime, stop by and say hello - it's not the only store in town, but every new one is another bright ray of sunshine in this shite-besmirched world in which we chose to live in.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2020, 11:12 AM   #2
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the note, and just in time for the Drag City store to open!
Having some troubles to navigate that site : I can find the label page, but can't find the Seller/shop page. For Drag City it's as simple as clicking on the link, but I was also interested in what Trouble In Mind is selling (I don't know those other labels)

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2020, 11:34 PM   #3
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Thanks for the note, and just in time for the Drag City store to open!
Having some troubles to navigate that site : I can find the label page, but can't find the Seller/shop page. For Drag City it's as simple as clicking on the link, but I was also interested in what Trouble In Mind is selling (I don't know those other labels)

I'm afraid you'll have to use the filthy social media. Had to visit Facemook to find the TIM link:

https://www.discogs.com/seller/troubleinmind/profile

This is silly - the Discogs Daily Dig operation should be the first thing you see when you go to the home page...

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2020, 09:56 AM   #4
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Perhaps the best was already gone, it's two hours past the opening time but I didn't see anything special in the drag city shop.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth