Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page A friend almost died yesterday...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.23.2006, 04:09 PM   #21
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Excellent.I have a cow in tow.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 04:13 PM   #22
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Cows are great; I always wanted to live on a farm and just live a raannnggeee liiffeeee so I can settle down and have pet cows and stuff. It would be sweet, but I would never give in to selling them because I wouldn't want em to be killed.
Old 12.23.2006, 04:46 PM   #23
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
That duck thing is fucking disgusting...I would love to shoot that asshole and break her neck.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 04:54 PM   #24
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
That duck thing is fucking disgusting...I would love to shoot that asshole and break her neck.

I'd shoot her head off and fuck her esophagus.
Old 12.23.2006, 06:11 PM   #25
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Its been a strange year; in nearly every other way its been close to perfect, but 2006 will be a year I recall due to death. I'd only previously known the death of a few relatives, but this year I've seen the passing of my very sweet and strong three-year-old niece Jessica, Rex (fine jazz drummer and very nice person), Stuart (sound engineer kind of guy, lovely man), Dougie (owner of a local museum and jolly decent fellow), Dougie's wife Alice (again, friendly, nice person) and Gary (a friend from work who just dropped dead, aged 40, always interesting to chat to). And another friend has just been told that she has six weeks to live. It all feels rather strange.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 06:20 PM   #26
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Its been a strange year; in nearly every other way its been close to perfect, but 2006 will be a year I recall due to death. I'd only previously known the death of a few relatives, but this year I've seen the passing of my very sweet and strong three-year-old niece Jessica, Rex (fine jazz drummer and very nice person), Stuart (sound engineer kind of guy, lovely man), Dougie (owner of a local museum and jolly decent fellow), Dougie's wife Alice (again, friendly, nice person) and Gary (a friend from work who just dropped dead, aged 40, always interesting to chat to). And another friend has just been told that she has six weeks to live. It all feels rather strange.

Sorry to hear about all that, Hipster. Its always been a fear of mine that a friend/relative would inform me that they only had a short amount of time to live, what on earth do you say to them?
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 06:28 PM   #27
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks.

Chris had been suffering from cancer for some time but it really looked like she was getting better and no-one would deny that she was handling it well. But all of a sudden she was told this a few weeks ago, and its like hearing it for the first time again if you see what I mean. I feel really sad about it because we had hardly talked for a couple of years, but we'd been gettin on very well indeed for a year or so. I will definitely miss her. I'm friends with her daughter too, and I admit its hard to know what to say to either of them.

I tend to just be friendly, as I would be usual, and let them guide the conversation; my own feeling is that if it were me I most likely wouldn't want constant chat about the illness but would prefer some normality. I do have a long-term (non-fatal) illness, as you may know, and that is what I want when I meet people.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 06:50 PM   #28
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
People never know when to say to say when.
My one friend almost died last week. After a week of doing acid everyday, he ate a half of shrooms (smart, no?) and went almost completely insane. He ended up getting to the hospital but kept ripping the IV out of his arm because he thought the doctors were out to get him. He would have died if he had fallen asleep, which he almost did.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 10:02 PM   #29
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMAh
People never know when to say to say when.
My one friend almost died last week. After a week of doing acid everyday, he ate a half of shrooms (smart, no?) and went almost completely insane. He ended up getting to the hospital but kept ripping the IV out of his arm because he thought the doctors were out to get him. He would have died if he had fallen asleep, which he almost did.

Now that is fucked up. I knew a guy who took way too many pills and too much acid and it totally fucked his brain up. He's now in a mental institute and he's 19, it's weird too because I used to smoke weed with him and he was fine. I have a family history of schizophrenia so I better try and stay away from that shit and keep off the weed
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 10:03 PM   #30
Inhuman
invito al cielo

I have a really bad heart by genetics, so I stay away from a lot of sugar and weed.
Old 12.23.2006, 10:16 PM   #31
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lung
Now that is fucked up. I knew a guy who took way too many pills and too much acid and it totally fucked his brain up. He's now in a mental institute and he's 19, it's weird too because I used to smoke weed with him and he was fine. I have a family history of schizophrenia so I better try and stay away from that shit and keep off the weed

My friend, her mom and I were actually talking about how he probably is schizophrenic or something. I've known him since I was really little and he's always been kind of crazy, and all the drugs he does have made it a million times worse. He just keeps pushing the limit (he's been involved with arson, b&e's, and countless other things) yet he just keeps on going. I think his parents should get him assessed.

Old 12.23.2006, 10:21 PM   #32
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Yeh I think that would be for the best, looks like this guy could end up in jail or something
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 10:23 PM   #33
EMMAh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lung
Yeh I think that would be for the best, looks like this guy could end up in jail or something

I have no doubt about that.

Old 12.24.2006, 05:20 AM   #34
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

That's tough. Losing that many family and friends in a single year, would make me very depressed. It's moments like this, that I treasure my health. I'm speechless...
Old 12.24.2006, 06:16 AM   #35
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

sorry to hear that Hip
my deepest sympathy.
Old 12.24.2006, 07:26 AM   #36
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman

That is very sad. That is very strange that he acts as if nothing happened. How old is he? When my dad passed away (which I witnessed) I was 3, and it didn't affect me as much despite the fact that I vividly remember it happening because of my age, but my brother who was 12 at the time and he's been pretty depressed his entire life. It still saddens me and affects me more and more, but if he saw his friend get killed all of a sudden by a train and no emotion is really...different

he's twelve, what worries us very much, because he has already seen so much during his life. his godfather died when he was still very young, not by natural causes. he doesnt really remember that but he heard the stories. then my grandfather died of cancer, later my grandmother. he remembers the two of them. then a friend of his died, the boy had a growing disorder, got some kind of attack at school, got into a coma and died two days later. land then my aunt got cancer and my uncle shot himself and now this. we're particularly scared it will affect him later, and very hard.

i'm very sorry to hear about your dad, and i can understand that it starts to affect you more when you grow older, i also hope your brother will be fine.

and hip priest: i'm very sorry for you. you'll need a lot of strength and i hope you can find it.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2006, 07:36 AM   #37
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
i mean, i felt like shit when i heard about it
we all did
we were just so surprised, we never thought he'd do such thing
he seemed like such a happy guy, but i guess he had some issues

after it was all said and done, when i think about it now
it kind of angers me
his family (and those that were very close to him) will have to think about his suicide on christmas day

am i horrible person for being angry at him?

quite the same happened here: my uncle was manic-depressive, had been treated for years and had already tried to commit suicide, but then everything seemed quite fine. there had been some problems with his girlfriend, but at the christmas dinner last year they seemed ok and had big plans for the future, and everything was fine, he looked happy. but the fifth of january he shot himself.

most suicides come unexpected, when someone's saying he or she's going to commit suicide, it's mostly more a cry for attention (there are of course always exceptions). feelings of anger or guilt are very normal, but you have to know that someone who decides to commit suicide won't do this for just one reason. it isn't easy as that. usually, there are many different reason and one thing will be the last drop. you also have to know that a suicidal person doesn't think like you or me: they don't see solutions (so-called tunnelvision), and all you can do is try to get him or her out of this tunnel. if someone says he's going to end his life on a particular day, try to make an appointment with him or tell him to call you on a particular moment. he'll have something to look forward to and that may help. (these are things i learned after my uncle ended his life)

you're not a bad person for feeling angry, just try to avoid blaming people: it almost never happens that one person is the reason why someone commits suicide.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2006, 11:30 PM   #38
SubSonicPumpAction
little trouble girl

SubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's asses
i had a good friend of mine shoot himself in the face after shooting his friend. It was a suicide pact. It was the stranges thing I've ever dealt with.
SubSonicPumpAction is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2006, 01:13 AM   #39
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I'm sorry to hear all that, Sebastian. I've only had one death (my maternal grandma), and it has been a really good year otherwise. My sympathies are with you, man.

SubSonic- I've heard a lot about those kind of things. They are really strange.

This is years back, but my mother nearly killed herself trying to overdose. It stills scares me when I think back, because both my folks that year were in the psych ward for a week/two weeks. I've always been glad that Sean didn't really comprehend what was happening.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth