Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Gun Ownership
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.16.2008, 08:44 AM   #1
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
More and more of my friends, people I thought were sane and had good sense, are buying firearms for "personal protection." I have two friends in Florida who rarely leave the house without packing their pistols. And my wife is actually leaning in their direction and telling me it might not be a bad idea because the world is "becoming so dangerous."

People, what the fuck is going on? Why are we all arming ourselves? I have the utmost respect for hunters and even gun collectors to buy and own guns. I was an expert marksman in the Air Force, and I even enjoy firing guns at a target range. But I don't get the idea of arming ourselves to leave the house like some pathetic version of Dirty Harry.
Old 07.16.2008, 08:51 AM   #2
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
More and more of my friends, people I thought were sane and had good sense, are buying firearms for "personal protection." I have two friends in Florida who rarely leave the house without packing their pistols. And my wife is actually leaning in their direction and telling me it might not be a bad idea because the world is "becoming so dangerous."

People, what the fuck is going on? Why are we all arming ourselves? I have the utmost respect for hunters and even gun collectors to buy and own guns. I was an expert marksman in the Air Force, and I even enjoy firing guns at a target range. But I don't get the idea of arming ourselves to leave the house like some pathetic version of Dirty Harry.

Well, w/ Congress trying to repeal the 2nd Amendment everyday, it's more a case of having to do it before it's too late. Look, the reason the 2nd Amendment exists is for the right of the American citizen to protect themselves, not just from everyday threats, but from tyrannical governments. Hence the one we have in place today. Remember, Nazi's passed anti-gun laws to disarm the people, & we all know how that turned out.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 08:51 AM   #3
sarramkrop

They're out to get you, gmku.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 08:52 AM   #4
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
guns are for suckers.

my hands are deadly weapons.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 09:07 AM   #5
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Actually the 2nd ammendment exists to arm a militia. That's a common misinterpretation of the intent, unfortunately.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous, though I think I've made it clear already. I don't think the world is any more dangerous than it was 50 years ago, and in some ways is even safer.

In any case, I refuse to participate in the madness.
Old 07.16.2008, 09:09 AM   #6
sarramkrop

Why have you got someone pointing a gun in your avatar, then?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 09:11 AM   #7
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Why have you got someone pointing a gun in your avatar, then?

oh, snap!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 09:19 AM   #8
gmku
invito al cielo

Because I'm a huge freaking fan of the latest Bond movie.

Whether I'm a fan of a movie has nothing to do with my position on gun ownership.

Let's not confuse fantasy with real life, okay? SNAP!
Old 07.16.2008, 09:21 AM   #9
sarramkrop

Quote:
Because I'm a huge freaking fan of the latest Bond movie.

Whether I'm a fan of a movie has nothing to do with my position on gun ownership.

Let's not confuse fantasy with real life, okay? SNAP!

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 09:22 AM   #10
gmku
invito al cielo

Oh, go to lunch, Porky.
Old 07.16.2008, 09:23 AM   #11
sarramkrop

Quote:
Oh, go to lunch, Porky.

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 09:24 AM   #12
sarramkrop

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 09:24 AM   #13
sarramkrop

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 09:26 AM   #14
sarramkrop

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 09:27 AM   #15
sarramkrop

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 09:27 AM   #16
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't need a gun I just stare the evil doers down.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 09:30 AM   #17
gmku
invito al cielo

Word.

The thing is, the violence that most threatens us is so random. That bullet that cuts you down is more likely to come out of nowhere than in some high noon shootout scenario between you and a bad guy. There's not going to be time to react to pull your own weapon in most cases.

Yeah, I know people "feel" safer when they're armed, but I think this is so delusional. They're really no safer than anybody else.
Old 07.16.2008, 09:31 AM   #18
sarramkrop

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 09:32 AM   #19
sarramkrop

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 09:32 AM   #20
gmku
invito al cielo

People who need people are the luckiest people in the world.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth