Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page New Tony Conrad CD JOAN OF ARC
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.10.2007, 09:55 AM   #21
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
ok i havnt heard either but i would say joan of arc. this is pretty useless advice but its advice non the less.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2007, 10:04 AM   #22
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I won't make any more nasty comments about Tony Conrad. But I will ask if anyone has heard his collaboration CD with Charlemagne Palestine. To the extent that I can find TC interesting, that sounds interesting.

EDIT - I found a clip on a website whose name I can't spell. Charlemagne Palestine's contribution is beautiful, but Tony Conrad then goes and spoils it by scraping his violin all over it. I'm sorry, I know that's probably sacrilege, but that's how I feel about Tony Conrad.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2007, 10:06 AM   #23
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
a fast question.
did you or any get this?
and if to choose between this and "four violins", which would you choose.
thanks.
I'd say go for 'Joan Of Arc' first and 'Four Violins' after.Both great records
but as you are a fan of NNCK,Corsano etc,i think it is a good way to start with the former and find a way of contextualizing this sort of 'outer limits' type of music.I'm not saying that all these musicians sound the same or particularly similar but there is some sort of lineage there,somewhere.I have to get around to upload or post the link for Walter De Maria's 'Cricket Music' because it is one hallucinatory beast of a record(that i'll never be able to find,methinks).

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth