Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page 1991 - The year punk broke
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.14.2006, 10:14 AM   #21
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
"PRE" fucking kicks ass. I love Gumball. 1991 TYPB was where I had heard of The Germs for the first time as well.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 11:38 AM   #22
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
ripFREY started it, n00b.

Oh yeah your right, sorry
Old 04.14.2006, 01:36 PM   #23
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
i saw it....
....must have

if this comes out on dvd i'll buy it straight away.
also, i'd be pleased by more official live and documentary footage about sy.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 05:13 PM   #24
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperstation
Anybody recomend this on VHS? Ive heared nothing but amazing comments about it...is it true....will i be dissapointed?? Where can i get my copy???

sorry, didnt read full post but its only available on ntsc video (us format) been unavailable for yonks,, for too fucking long!!!!!
Old 04.14.2006, 06:09 PM   #25
pelcinary
empty page

pelcinary has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
It is not out on DVD yet.
I emailed Dave Markey about it and this is what happened.

Feb 8th, 2006
Hello there,

Just wondering how things are going on The Year Punk Broke. I've seen it before and was very excited to get my hands on the DVD with extras. Been quite a while since I heard anything about it though, so I thought I would check in and ask.

Thanks,

His response::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Feb 9th.

Universal is sitting on it. I encourage you to contact
DGC/Interscope/Universal and let them know you want it out.

-D. Markey
pelcinary is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 06:23 PM   #26
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelcinary
It is not out on DVD yet.
I emailed Dave Markey about it and this is what happened.

Feb 8th, 2006
Hello there,

Just wondering how things are going on The Year Punk Broke. I've seen it before and was very excited to get my hands on the DVD with extras. Been quite a while since I heard anything about it though, so I thought I would check in and ask.

Thanks,

His response::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Feb 9th.

Universal is sitting on it. I encourage you to contact
DGC/Interscope/Universal and let them know you want it out.

-D. Markey

if you have an email address we could spam i'd be happy to do my share of pestering
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 06:37 PM   #27
pelcinary
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
if you have an email address we could spam i'd be happy to do my share of pestering

I know. Me too. I asked Mr. Markey if he had any appropriate contacts and I got no response.

I'm not sure who/where/what email address' we should be seeking out. But if anyone does...let us know.
Old 04.14.2006, 09:40 PM   #28
sonikjuice
little trouble girl

sonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant future
I was just checking out amazon and it is available for sale on VHS. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...nDate&n=404272

Only $7! If you don't have it already, buy it now. Who knows when the DVD will come out.
sonikjuice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 10:20 PM   #29
pelcinary
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikjuice
I was just checking out amazon and it is available for sale on VHS. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...nDate&n=404272

Only $7! If you don't have it already, buy it now. Who knows when the DVD will come out.

I'm waiting. The point is that the DVD has (I believe) over 30 minutes of extras on it. You can check out some clips at the website.
http://www.wegotpowerfilms.com/multimedia/qt_punk.html

I've seen the VHS.. I want the DVD because of the extras and because....um. Yeah.
Old 04.15.2006, 05:35 AM   #30
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
isnt there a myspace protest site to sign up to and put pressure on universal to release the dvd. it has been ready for about 12 months now. courtney love put em thru the courts, something about kurts music rights and other legal shit and now they are just stting on it! it will happen.............. sometime!!!!
Old 04.15.2006, 05:41 AM   #31
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
God, Courtney has to sew everybody that want's to release any little tid-bit of Kurt's music. That shows that she never loved him. That shows that the testimony she gave at Kurt's candlelight vigile was a bunch of made up shit.
& that shows that she doesn't care about anyone but herself.
God, KILL courtney love. Please
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2006, 05:56 AM   #32
supersonicsix
little trouble girl

supersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of light
oh I love this film sooo much, i don't wanna buy it off the internet incase it's not compatible with my VCR here in Australia, so i'm waiting for the DVD release, you know, in like 20 years time...
supersonicsix is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2006, 06:13 AM   #33
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
sorry, didnt read full post but its only available on ntsc video (us format) been unavailable for yonks,, for too fucking long!!!!!

Than how come I have a PAL version of TYPB?

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2006, 06:32 AM   #34
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
i saw it on piratebay, do a search
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2006, 05:50 PM   #35
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

the dvd is ready to go for the last 18 months but legal issues were needed to be ironed out. there is a petition on myspace to get universal to release it. couldnt find the site tho.
im sure we will get it dvded by the new year, heres hoping..........

"IIIGGGGGGGGGYYYYYYYYYY!
Old 04.30.2006, 05:53 PM   #36
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Man, I have yet to see this movie but I've been waiting for the dvd to come out because VHS tapes lose quality and DVDs last forever. I've been waiting for so long that I'm thinking about getting the vhs version.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2006, 07:45 PM   #37
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Have you seen Dee Dee?
Old 05.02.2006, 08:34 AM   #38
boop-oop-a-doop
empty page

boop-oop-a-doop has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
1991 - The Year Punk Broke
David Markey's documentary of life on the road with Sonic Youth and Nirvana during their tour of Europe in late 1991. Also featuring live performances by Dinosaur Jr, Babes In Toyland, The Ramones and Gumball.
Running Time: 99 mins
Filesize: 700 MB
Download:
http://rapidshare.de/files/14838947/...part1.rar.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/14841623/...part2.rar.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/14893260/...part3.rar.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/14894573/...part4.rar.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/14895898/...part5.rar.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/14897299/...part6.rar.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/14892110/...part7.rar.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/14836144/...part8.rar.html
boop-oop-a-doop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2006, 09:21 AM   #39
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
my crappy vhs was lost by a former girlfriend..
i haven't seen it since, but it is still on my list for immediate purchases when funds are sufficient..
one of the greatest things that can be done with a camera, follow SY & friends around..

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2006, 09:40 AM   #40
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

The contact email address on the Universal web page is mailto:communications@umusic.com

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth