Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Anyone else gotten their copy of the Eternal yet?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.09.2009, 11:24 PM   #101
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I really hope mine comes tomorrow
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 02:02 AM   #102
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
mine is not a normal record sleeve. It doesn't hold the record, not glued. cheap.
Old 06.10.2009, 06:26 AM   #103
sonikjuice
little trouble girl

sonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant future
I went to pick up the package yesterday and my record store didn't have it. There was some mix up with the shipping and matador is supposed to overnight it. Hopefully I will get it today. [Insert "Buy Early Get Now" joke here]
sonikjuice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 06:40 AM   #104
d4denzell
empty page

d4denzell has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Yes, and from the word go I love it. Its so accessible yet has the usual layers upon layers of interesting mayhem going on. I really think this album is going to do very very well commercially as well as delighting hardcore SY fans.
d4denzell is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 07:28 AM   #105
DaveMartin
little trouble girl

DaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz
Yeah, but if something like that is going to be done, it should be done nicely. That's my point. That people settle for crappy product is why companies keep doing it.

Another issue is that Matador packed the LPs shoddily, at least to my local store. All of them had corners bent. The store told me that they didn't even pack them in normal album mailers, but just in a big box with no type of care given to securing them to prevent damage.

Hey, sorry you're not into the packaging. We happen to think it is really nice and the band were into it as well.
What store are you talking about? I'm not sure I understand what you mean with your comment about "album mailers", when we ship store orders they are sent in larger LP boxes and we try our best to pack the orders well, but there's a lot that can happen to a box once UPS gets a hold of it.
DaveMartin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 07:29 AM   #106
DaveMartin
little trouble girl

DaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikjuice
I went to pick up the package yesterday and my record store didn't have it. There was some mix up with the shipping and matador is supposed to overnight it. Hopefully I will get it today. [Insert "Buy Early Get Now" joke here]
Yes should be there today. Sorry for the delay.
Old 06.10.2009, 07:35 AM   #107
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
got it today. nice one!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 07:38 AM   #108
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
First listen last night. THe firs thalf is better than the 2nd half.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 07:40 AM   #109
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
oh yeah and I"ll be listening to it all week....Probably until June 28th.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 08:42 AM   #110
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Nothing about the way this release is being handled by Matador is too appealing to me. Just think about this for starters: Sonic Youth's only official full-length 'live album was made available in limited quantities via pre-order only!!! Ask around: virtually no one, save a few who lurk here on the official website and Matador site, knew about it! I've been talking to some record stores, online and off--they're pretty pissed about this as well. Also, it seems some people who did know about it thought that the LP was part of The Eternal package--constituting a limited edition 3-LP version of the album (sort of like what Cream did with the 2-LP version of Wheels Of Fire back in '68). Then there's this (expensive!) Japanese box set version of the album, with a booklet or something and the 'live album on disc. It seems like--for an independent--Matador has been behaving more like the majors than the majors with this album.

Considering what SY fans are like, I don't see how any of these questionable tactics are going to endear us to Matador. They owe a lot of us big-time. A Fall reissue of this precarious 'live LP is the least they can do.

I think this is one (the first?) SY release I'm going to skip on vinyl, and just get the el cheapo 12-track version of the disc.
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 11:25 AM   #111
DaveMartin
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetengine
Nothing about the way this release is being handled by Matador is too appealing to me. Just think about this for starters: Sonic Youth's only official full-length 'live album was made available in limited quantities via pre-order only!!! Ask around: virtually no one, save a few who lurk here on the official website and Matador site, knew about it! I've been talking to some record stores, online and off--they're pretty pissed about this as well. Also, it seems some people who did know about it thought that the LP was part of The Eternal package--constituting a limited edition 3-LP version of the album (sort of like what Cream did with the 2-LP version of Wheels Of Fire back in '68). Then there's this (expensive!) Japanese box set version of the album, with a booklet or something and the 'live album on disc. It seems like--for an independent--Matador has been behaving more like the majors than the majors with this album.

Considering what SY fans are like, I don't see how any of these questionable tactics are going to endear us to Matador. They owe a lot of us big-time. A Fall reissue of this precarious 'live LP is the least they can do.

I think this is one (the first?) SY release I'm going to skip on vinyl, and just get the el cheapo 12-track version of the disc.

Hey, sorry if you were confused, but I feel that we were pretty clear about what was offered. I also feel that we went pretty far and wide with the news about the Buy Early Get Now promotion. Where do you live? What stores are you referring to? In other territories the BEGN promotion is a much newer concept that might not have run as smoothly.
Also Sonic Youth are not on Matador in Japan. They have a separate deal there that we have nothing to do with.
Old 06.10.2009, 11:31 AM   #112
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
mail came right before work, still no package, sigh
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 11:36 AM   #113
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
have not got it and probably wont for a while. the last two records plus my more excitement over the members solo projects means i am not rushing out the door to get this. i will obviously but not in a great hurry.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 12:37 PM   #114
scwxx77
little trouble girl

scwxx77 kicks all y'all's assesscwxx77 kicks all y'all's assesscwxx77 kicks all y'all's assesscwxx77 kicks all y'all's assesscwxx77 kicks all y'all's assesscwxx77 kicks all y'all's assesscwxx77 kicks all y'all's assesscwxx77 kicks all y'all's assesscwxx77 kicks all y'all's assesscwxx77 kicks all y'all's assesscwxx77 kicks all y'all's asses
OK, so, I'm listening to it for the first time and I'm hearing Symposium and The Presidents in it. Is it just me?
scwxx77 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 12:46 PM   #115
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Mine arrived (I ordered it from a record store). I'm just happy to finally
have a physical CD. And the front cover of the LP makes up for the
packaging, which I can live with.
Old 06.10.2009, 02:54 PM   #116
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

luckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard sucka
Did anyone who bought the CD notice that one of the inserts is actually a sticker?

and we looked
and we passed
through the hallway of shatterproof glass
luckynumber9 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 04:27 PM   #117
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Urghhh I still haven't gotten mine!!!

It said it shipped on June 3rd.

How long does it take for the UPS to get a package from New York to just north of Pittsburgh?

Although I'm kind of suspecting that it didn't actually ship last Wednesday.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 04:59 PM   #118
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

Although I'm kind of suspecting that it didn't actually ship last Wednesday.

Yes, I'd say you're not far off the mark on that one....
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 05:28 PM   #119
eternal
bad moon rising

eternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, that could be really sloppy on matadors part to send out emails saying your order has shipped before they even had the LP's made (which i gather fromt that other email about their slow vinyl production)

another note, my records still aren't here and im pretty pissed
eternal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 05:32 PM   #120
HomelessArtist
little trouble girl

HomelessArtist cold hard suckaHomelessArtist cold hard suckaHomelessArtist cold hard suckaHomelessArtist cold hard suckaHomelessArtist cold hard suckaHomelessArtist cold hard suckaHomelessArtist cold hard suckaHomelessArtist cold hard suckaHomelessArtist cold hard suckaHomelessArtist cold hard suckaHomelessArtist cold hard sucka
I'm getting upset at shipping too. It's only slightly comforting to see other people are experiencing the same delay. At least I know no one stole it out of the UPS truck.

But hey, what the F!?K - I got the email saying it shipped more then a week ago. I bought it early and bought the limited live vinyl with it.. IT COST $$$. Now, people can go to the god damn Target super store, and get the CD for 9.99 and I STILL DON'T HAVE my $33 UPS Package! That's frustrating. It better be everything when it arrives... CD + LP + Poster.

And what up with No TRACKING NUMBERS!?

And the pre-sale concert ticket thing was a scam too. It was just a link to Ticketmaster, I could have went to the First Ave box office and got a sweet looking first ave ticket without a service charge, instead of a fee laden Ticketmaster printout.

GRRRRRRRRIOT!

HomelessArtist is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth