Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Anyone else gotten their copy of the Eternal yet?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.03.2009, 02:58 PM   #1
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Woke up this morning to the UPS guy ringing my doorbell to drop off the package from Matador. Inside was my copy of the Eternal on CD (really strapped for cash, didn't want to shell out for the LP at the time but regret that now), the Battery Park LP, and two samplers from Matador and 4AD/Rough Trade respectively. Oh yeah, and the poster, which is one that was for the promotion of Sensational Fix and is all in French.

Am I really the first to receive my copy? I figured it'd take awhile, as I'm in Canada, but I haven't seen anyone else post about theirs yet.
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 03:01 PM   #2
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
You are the firsdt you lucky motherfucker.

I have to wait until I get back from my road trip to philly and NYC to get mine! the good folks at Vinal Edge will be holdingh tha mo-fo for me.
Old 06.03.2009, 03:01 PM   #3
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I got mine. The SoulSeek guy came knocking on my monitor glass the other day and dropped it off in the My Music folder.

Seriously though, I am going to buy it. I want the real deal, especially with this one, plus I question some of the track lengths with what I've got.

I want to hold this in my hand.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 03:08 PM   #4
kenning
little trouble girl

kenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone know if the poster and label samplers come with the BEGN CD/record store scheme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
I got mine. The SoulSeek guy came knocking on my monitor glass the other day and dropped it off in the My Music folder.

Seriously though, I am going to buy it. I want the real deal, especially with this one, plus I question some of the track lengths with what I've got.

I want to hold this in my hand.
kenning is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 03:21 PM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the poster for sure is supposed to come with the thing, I do not know abut the samplers.
Old 06.03.2009, 04:51 PM   #6
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Just noticed that below the credits in one of the postcard-sized liners in the album is the message "Ron Asheton forever". Very nice.
Old 06.03.2009, 05:03 PM   #7
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I ordered mine from a store and now I'm 200 miles from it, so I'll have a 400 mile sonic pilgrimage to make next week.
Old 06.03.2009, 05:15 PM   #8
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
I don't remember specifically what shipping method was used, anybody know if it was 2 day, or 3 day, etc.?
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 07:42 PM   #9
eternal
bad moon rising

eternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asses
oooh this excites me since i thought i was gonna have to wait a while since i'm in Canada too. I got an email from matador earlier today saying it had shipped. i'll be sure to check tomorrow!

mushmanski, any way you could give a link to a pic of the poster? i have no idea which one you're talking about. also what city are you in (so i know if my order might be close lol)
eternal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 07:57 PM   #10
exploding plastic candle
children of satan

exploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I ordered mine from a store and now I'm 200 miles from it, so I'll have a 400 mile sonic pilgrimage to make next week.

you should just order it again from a closer store, it would probably even less than gas for that trip. I don't know though, 200 miles would only heighten the anticipation. and then you'd have a few hours to let it sink in.
Let's bathe in a cup of dreams and share in a saucy toast
exploding plastic candle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 08:00 PM   #11
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

I don't have a digital camera on me, but I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. It has the heading "Sonic Youth Sensational Fix etc." with "Du 18 Juin au 7 Septembre 2008" and then the date of what I assume was a show in France last year. The bulk of the poster is a drawing of a girl's head and neck in purple and white with what look to be flowers around her. Then at the bottom it's got some more French (looks like venue contact info).
Old 06.03.2009, 08:22 PM   #12
[Sandbag]
100%

[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact

hahahahahaha

too bad I didn't order anything.. I'll have to visit a record shop and pick a copy by myself...
I wonder what the artwork/sleeve looks like
[Sandbag] is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 08:24 PM   #13
al shabbray

argh, my copy will take the long way over italy...

NICFIT any NEWS so far?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 08:27 PM   #14
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by exploding plastic candle
you should just order it again from a closer store, it would probably even less than gas for that trip. I don't know though, 200 miles would only heighten the anticipation. and then you'd have a few hours to let it sink in.

There's no closer store. I'll be going to look at apartments in that city anyway, so I might be a day or two late in picking it up.
Old 06.03.2009, 08:35 PM   #15
Concrete Abutments
bad moon rising

Concrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's asses
My copy of the Japanese box is in NY right now. Maybe tomorrow?
Concrete Abutments is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 09:16 PM   #16
d~rek
little trouble girl

d~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's assesd~rek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Sandbag]
hahahahahaha

too bad I didn't order anything.. I'll have to visit a record shop and pick a copy by myself...
I wonder what the artwork/sleeve looks like

http://www.matadorrecords.com/matabl...vinyl-package/
d~rek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 12:45 AM   #17
firstfan84
little trouble girl

firstfan84 kicks all y'all's assesfirstfan84 kicks all y'all's assesfirstfan84 kicks all y'all's assesfirstfan84 kicks all y'all's assesfirstfan84 kicks all y'all's assesfirstfan84 kicks all y'all's assesfirstfan84 kicks all y'all's assesfirstfan84 kicks all y'all's assesfirstfan84 kicks all y'all's assesfirstfan84 kicks all y'all's assesfirstfan84 kicks all y'all's asses
Got mine yesterday. I live in holland.
firstfan84 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 02:28 AM   #18
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
how many sy albums can you fit into 200 miles?
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 04:25 AM   #19
Santa's Monkey
little trouble girl

Santa's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's assesSanta's Monkey kicks all y'all's asses
Mine just arrived (from US Matador store -> UK) which was a bit of a surprise since I only got the despatch notice yesterday! I got the samplers too, but no poster - unless it's hidden within the vinyl. But I'm at the stage in life where I can live without posters!
Santa's Monkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 04:49 AM   #20
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
no!...i'll be waiting at least one month after the album come out...this can be an eternal waiting...
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth