Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.07.2011, 03:24 PM   #141
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I gave True Blood a chance, but I can't get into it AT ALL.
Old 02.13.2011, 03:03 AM   #142
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Started watching Alfred Hitchcock Presents. I'm a big Hitchcock fan but haven't really watched this show, I'm four episodes in and its great.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2011, 03:22 AM   #143
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Married With Children
King of the Hill
X-Files
The Munsters
Strangers With Candy
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2011, 08:49 AM   #144
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses

Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2011, 09:34 AM   #145
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
watchine some TV-repotage about the murder of Olof Palme..intressting stuff.
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2011, 01:25 PM   #146
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
finally got mtv's tom green show. I've had the canadian one for years, but now I have the mtv one too. It initially reuses some of the canadian skits -- reedited versions of em, though -- but after the first few episodes, it's all completely new material.

I need to get the EARLY MEET/RARE TREATS and ENDANGERED FECIES stuff, since it's the only remannts of his early early public access show (of which only like 6 episodes were made, and a lot of the skits were reused for the canadian comedy channel, thankfully).

I also need to get the NEW Tom GReen Show thing, only 53 episodes were made of it. 53 hours of Tom Green interviewing c-list celebrities. Fuck.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2011, 01:59 PM   #147
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I've never been a big anime fan, but I do enjoy this show a great deal. I like Cowboy Bebop, and I like Akira. I'd also like to discover more anime that I'd actually enjoy. I'm in the mood for something entirely new to me - and anime fits the bill perfectly. Hmm.

All you need, animewise, is GHOST IN THE SHELL (first one), FLCL, DEAD LEAVES (the most insane anime ever made), NEON GENESIS EVANGELION (the greatest show of all time), and PARANOIA AGENT. Those are really the 3 best things ever invented. I like BEBOP, in fact I've never met anyone who doesn't. AKIRA is alright. My tastes tend towards the more serious/surreal/dark anime like Eva.. I also love BOOGIEPOP PHANTOM and SERIAL EXPERIMENTS LAIN. MINDGAME is a great film to check out too, as is CAT SOUP.. which are more surreal and dark than any of.. uh.. Lynch's stuff or something. Anyway, you say you've never been a big fan -- what have you watched? There's plenty of lame SAILOR MOON and INUYAYASHA and all that stuff but I'd say my reccomenations are pretty much ones that everyone can get into, even people not regularly into the genre.. One show I LOVE that doesn't have much fans is SUPER MILK CHAN. It's just genius. There are like 13 episodes, and each episode is basically about nothing. Nothing happens. Well, about 15 things happen in each episode. The same exact 15 things. But there are different ways the characters get to each thing. It's hard to explain, but that's what makes the show so fun and inventive. Like.. imagine every episode of, oh, SEINFELD had Seinfeld going "HELLLLLLLLLLO", Kramer running into the door, and all that stuff. But imagine each thing was really really elaborate and to get to, like, HELLOOOOOOOOO, some crazy-ass event had to take place for Seinfeld to say it. It's hard to explain, and it goes far beyond mere catchphrase, it's like every episode is a remake of the previous episode, or like a reoccurring dream with slight, odd variations, yet it somehow isn't repetetive, it's downright brilliant... GUREN LAGAN and the insane EXCEL SAGA are worth a look as well. I just got into this great show called PANTY AND STOCKING WITH GARTERBELT that's pretty cool. I love a lot of anime... not the cutesy bullshit, but the pure psychological mindfucks with brilliant animation... I'd say the worst anime I've ever seen is probably the X movie, unless you just really like 20 shots repeated of a girl being crucified and stabbed with a sword for no reason whatsoever.

anyway...

I've been watching TATAMI GALAXY which is fucking awesome, it's by the MINDWARP guy..

This show is fuckign incredible. Artistic, experimental, a work of genius. Basically, the show is about a protagonist (no name) going through a seemingly endless journey through 5 tatami rooms which make up his existence, each one a little different, as evidence of fucked-up alternate lives lived by him. It's these subtle differences that allow him to build up a picture, not just of his own lives, but also those of his friends and others around him. This leads us to perhaps one of the most important and shocking soundbites of any anime ever... the idea that looking at any individual from a single angle can only ever give a very two-dimensional view of that person; it takes multiple viewpoints to build up anything close to a realistic, three-dimensional understanding of another person, something which the creator has a unique opportunity to do via the Hell he is trapped in... it's self-referential as hell, you see.

If you want a show that is a mindfuc, check it out. What a beautiful show. Meaningful, thought-provoking, perceptive, beautiful, artistic, creative, and simply amazing... It is one of the greatest anime ever, and I have no qualms saying that.

Old 03.17.2011, 02:04 PM   #148
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I've also been watching Monkey dust, which is a very British animated show, and it's also one of the darkest shows ever. May actually be the darkest non-anime animated show ever... it's all about suicide.. and explores rape, child molestation, and so on. Like TATAMI GALAXY above, it goes deep into characters' psyche.. MONKEY DUST is intersting because each episode has about 500 different animation techniques... each episode is very very different.. worth checking out. There's a dvd with season 1 but one of the show's creators died and "out of respect" (?) they're not going to release season 2 or 3. Weird. Just d/l em .You'l be glad you did.

seems like a no brainer to show on adult swim but they don't really show dark crazy shit anymore do they?

Old 03.17.2011, 03:19 PM   #149
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Lots, and lots of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. One of the best shows ever, without a doubt. Buffy is such a cool character.

Thanks for the anime recommendations ASP.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2011, 06:42 PM   #150
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

the Buffy show is actually good until.. season 4 I think? I think that's the season where everything falls apart. Did you see the maxim with michelle tractenberg this month? You'd probably dig that issue.

Old 03.27.2011, 12:04 PM   #151
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
been watching mid morning matters recently. and its really good. its also nice to see that partridge can still be funny although i dont know if the film idea is such a good one.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2011, 01:00 AM   #152
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses

deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2011, 06:48 AM   #153
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Been watching uhh... PANTY STOCKING WITH GARTER BELT

Old 04.04.2011, 02:33 AM   #154
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
FLCL. I remember seeing a few clips of episodes when it was on Cartoon Network. Now actually wacthing it. Pretty cool and wacky.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2011, 05:25 PM   #155
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Glee season 1.
Old 04.05.2011, 07:31 PM   #156
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I got super into Spartacus. The first season and prequel. No real plot and shitty acting, but cmon, a bloody as shit orgy fest with Lucy Lawless looking better than ever? I'd have to be impotent to not be hooked.

I've been watching "Heroes" on Netflix on the reccomendation of a friend. Loved the first season, then it gets progressively dumber, to where you realize just why NBC cancelled the thing.

Still watch Parks and Rec and the Office every week.

I watch waaaay to many series.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2011, 07:54 PM   #157
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
Still watch Parks and Rec and the Office every week.

same here. what do you think of the current seasons so far?
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2011, 01:00 PM   #158
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses

Revisiting this great show.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2011, 07:54 AM   #159
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Glee actually sucks big time but I still enjoy watching it
Old 04.09.2011, 12:26 PM   #160
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
tatami galaxy.

pretty awesome show.
Except, they talk really fast and sometimes I can't keep up with the subs, and even miss out on some of the animation.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
58108 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth