Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston Curating ATP Nightmare Before Christmas
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.05.2006, 10:47 AM   #41
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Lucky you... Glice baby

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 01:19 PM   #42
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Huh....my sister lives in Weston.

I think I might just go to this.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2006, 03:22 AM   #43
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
its pretty safe to say that thurston is gonna put on an amazing line up. i dont think i need to wait and see which other acts are gonna play. i trust thurston, after all, i owe alot to sonic youth for in one way or another getting me into alot of the bands who i ended up loving as much or more than sy.
and anyway, i went to gallo's atp and i didnt care for alot of the bands there but i had one of the best weekends ever anyway just because atp is an amazing festival in every way. no need to get ripped off with everything from food to tickets like you do at every other big festival.
but its sucks that everything happens in the uk when im not in the uk. i know when i get back there , all the good bands and festivals will dry up!
but fuck it, ill probly go back to england early for this atp/
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2006, 12:23 PM   #44
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic johnny
In fact my only direct request to Thurston would be Charalambides... because they blew my mind at the 2004 ATP and they haven't played here since. (as far as I know) In fact I'm not even sure whether they are still playing together... does anyone know?.

They are still together and they're coming back to the UK this summer.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 09:18 AM   #45
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
They are still together and they're coming back to the UK this summer.

Hey T thanks for the news... roll on the summer.

In fact roll on the The Nightmare Before Christmas as well because I bought a ticket this morning and I am now very excited!!!!.

Old 04.07.2006, 09:23 AM   #46
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
You liked Charalambides live?
I have seen them a few times and have always been underwhelmed. I really like Christina and I want to like that group, but the only stuff of theirs I really enjoy is the really early stuff where they did super-bleak sounding psych tunes.
I saw Christina do a live solo set once and was prepared to like it even less, but I wound up being pleasantly surprised; she did a beautiful set that I am glad I stuck around for.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 10:00 AM   #47
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

Yeah I was extremely taken with the atmosphere... as it turned out it wasn't the full lineup, Heather had missed her plane, or something and didn't make it. It was in the afternoon at ATP just the perfect time to see them I think... I was really hung over from the night before and was very receptive to their sound... it really gave me the chills.

I can only wonder what it must be like to experience them with the glorious Heather Leigh Murray as well.

I really like all of their catalogue... but my favourites are the last two studio Lp's... so I guess we must beg to differ!.

Old 04.08.2006, 04:34 AM   #48
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
how cool is that?

i think i might go! I live in Dublin though.

i'd need more info!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2006, 05:26 AM   #49
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
how cool is that?

i think i might go! I live in Dublin though.

i'd need more info!

More info... http://www.atpfestival.com/

Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2006, 08:24 AM   #50
pao-lino
bad moon rising

pao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's asses
argh... exams plans are hard... I'll know if I'd manage to get there just after october... phisiology is massive and difficult to pass at first rollcall...

dp you think there will be still tickets available in october?
those days are perfect-it's also a holiday, plus london thanks to ryan air is just 30euros more or less away!
pao-lino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 03:18 AM   #51
SugarLips
little trouble girl

SugarLips ain't too shabby
cool

SugarLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 06:42 AM   #52
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks katy, i've checked that out.

still confused how to get there (and where the hell is that place - have to check map).
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 11:32 AM   #53
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
It's not possible to buy individual tickets, so I bought a pair yesterday morning, but so far I'm going on my own. Watch this space nearer the time to see if I still have a spare.

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 12:14 PM   #54
Fakediy
empty page

Fakediy has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I really want to go but it's so hard to mobilize friends to come with me, especially now there are only 3+ people rooms available. I grew up in devon though, and the whole south west from bristol onwards is just a cultural wasteland, so ATP heading there is like super exciting. It would be a lot more exciting if I still lived in the south west, but hey. I'm lucky to have escaped.
Fakediy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 06:02 PM   #55
Mudride
little trouble girl

Mudride has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
wow, you english are fuckin lucky, you got the ATP with Mudhoney, Sleater-Kinney, Devendra Banhart, The Shins, Dinosaur Jr ... I'm forgettin one ... oh yeah, yeah yeah yeahs ... in a few weeks and now this ...
I'm so fuckin jelous :P
Mudride is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 04:19 AM   #56
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
woooo hooooo! jus booked my tix!
Now, Thurston, one word... B_A_N_G_L_E_S.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 08:47 AM   #57
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I just wanna say something that's purely down to what I believe and I want to say aloud so no biting my head off afterwards

The thing about this festival is that it's (sorry if this sounds corny) almost a celebration of music and discovering new bands of which Thurston has the honor to do. I keep thinking that maybe Sonic Youth are going to see this a just the same old gig but in a new place (ie/ not london) and by that I mean they're just doing it to promote their new album not just for the fun of the new album. So they'll just be playing the whole or near enough the whole of the new album with a couple of old songs chucked in to keep people happy. I know that if I was in a big band woth a back catalogue of songs like SY I'd sure as hell wanna make this gig special.

Does no one else think for this one gig they should play a wide spectrum of their songs and not just focus on the new songs even if it's for just one gig?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 04:54 PM   #58
bikinikillbillchillthrill
empty page

bikinikillbillchillthrill has tongues queuing up for a rim-festbikinikillbillchillthrill has tongues queuing up for a rim-festbikinikillbillchillthrill has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
COOL!!! cant wait for the rest of the line up tba!!
bikinikillbillchillthrill is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 07:09 PM   #59
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Is it only me that can't get onto the website? I want to find some way of working there. And damnit, I better had work there or I shall not be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 07:26 PM   #60
Hannah
little trouble girl

Hannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's asses
May I ask how much a ticket costs?

I'm rather close but if the tickets cost alot then no one would go with me. And I have a feeling no one will be going with me.
Hannah is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth