Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.13.2016, 03:24 PM   #19521
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
the only one playing games here is you. again, what, you think you can be an asshole and i won't call you on it? ha!

see you keep mistaking this as some kind of pissing contest. i am not in any way trying to convince you to agree with or embrace my opinion. however i do ask that you give me the common human decency of being somewhat polite
oh, i can definitely be an asshole, i'm not going to refute that

you booed a movie, i booed you-- i'm an asshole

you made claims, i counterclaimed--i'm an asshole

you play games, i call out your games--i'm an asshole

it would be polite of me to walk away from this, but i'm not big on pretending that bullshit doesn't stink, so here i am being an asshole and saying "this shit stinks!" because it does

okay, i'll walk away now, politely
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2016, 03:27 PM   #19522
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh, i can definitely be an asshole, i'm not going to refute that

you booed a movie, i booed you-- i'm an asshole

you made claims, i counterclaimed--i'm an asshole

you play games, i call out your games--i'm an asshole

it would be polite of me to walk away from this, but i'm not big on pretending that bullshit doesn't stink, so here i am being an asshole and saying "this shit stinks!" because it does

okay, i'll walk away now, politely
youre not an asshole for sharing or arguing your opinion, you are being an asshole in specific WAY you chose to express and articulate such.

btw, STOP IT ALREADY, you know exactly wtf you are doing

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2016, 03:29 PM   #19523
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
your not an asshole for sharing or arguing your opinion, you are being an asshole in specific WAY you chose to express and articulate such.

btw, STOP IT ALREADY, you know exactly wtf you are doing
i'm calling your bullshit and that makes you uncomfortable, i get it.

it's an uncomfortable position, and i'm rude for insisting that it's bullshit

i said i'd walk away and you called me again btw
Old 09.13.2016, 03:36 PM   #19524
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i'm calling your bullshit and that makes you uncomfortable, i get it.

no it doesn't at all, indeed im not really all that invested in my opinion of a crap movie. HOWEVER i am a human being and i do appreciate being respected and i will respond accordingly to being disrespected.

Quote:

it's an uncomfortable position, and i'm rude for insisting that it's bullshit

again I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH YOU DISAGREEING WITH MY OPINION. in any way.. i just don't appreciate you being a total prick about sharing your opinion.

Quote:
i said i'd walk away and you called me again btw

i was merely responding to your comments, if you don't want me to respond then don't respond to mine. this is how the internet works. this is how it has always worked.

stop acting like you really don't know what all this is about. its not a good look for you..

me? its a slow day at work i have all the time in the world

Old 09.13.2016, 03:49 PM   #19525
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
no it doesn't at all, indeed im not really all that invested in my opinion of a crap movie. HOWEVER i am a human being and i do appreciate being respected and i will respond accordingly to being disrespected.

again I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH YOU DISAGREEING WITH MY OPINION. in any way.. i just don't appreciate you being a total prick about sharing your opinion.

i was merely responding to your comments, if you don't want me to respond then don't respond to mine. this is how the internet works. this is how it has always worked.

stop acting like you really don't know what all this is about. its not a good look for you..

me? its a slow day at work i have all the time in the world
oh if you wanna keep this chat i have no problem. the futbol game was postponed so i have to wait for the new date.

i only wanted to stop to let you off the hook after i caught you playing games.

because in spite of all your offended posturing, i never said you lacked comprehension. you made that up.

i said you missed the point of the movie. a movie. not all movies, not everything on the planet, this movie.

then i posted you a link that clarifies why some people think the movie is great.

instead of responding to this, you pretended i said something about your mental faculties and started acting offended.

this is playing games!

sorry i'm not falling for them. just pointing them out.
Old 09.13.2016, 04:00 PM   #19526
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

really just stop being an asshole. no one is playing games but you. i would chock it up to a language barrier of some kind if this wasn't a long term trend with you

Old 09.13.2016, 04:13 PM   #19527
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
really just stop being an asshole. no one is playing games but you. i would chock it up to a language barrier of some kind if this wasn't a long term trend with you

i don't think it's a language barrier. i think it's you playing games.

for example:

Quote:
oh no, i "got it" just fine but i still think it sucks. you did realize, i know its amazing but true, that people can understand art without liking it yes? l

in that section you're implying that i'm claiming that you or others don't understand art

this is of course bullshit and games.

because i believe that a person can understand art, even be a professional art person, and miss the point of an artist or artworks, without this being a condemnation of their capacities.

this happens all the time and all over history. missing the point of a work of art (or bad art, or whatever) is not a failure that condemn's one's being.

it's just some shit that happens every day and nobody should feel alarmed for it, nor trying to pretend that they get the point of everything.

so yes, i think that you missed the point of wicker man, but that doesn't mean that you are incapable of understanding art or that everyone should like the same thing

in saying that you understood the film and still disliked it, however, you didn't say "this is what i understand and this worked/didn't work for me".

instead you made up a scenario about me disparaging your mental faculties and your understanding of art, and proceeded to cry foul

this is games, friend. this is avoiding the issue and making up a straw man to tear it down.
Old 09.13.2016, 04:22 PM   #19528
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

haha you are quite the character !@#$!

it is what it is brohamster

Old 09.13.2016, 04:26 PM   #19529
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

so far you picked a fight with severian who seems to have thought he was your friend and now proceeded to waste two hours trolling the shit out of me.

i think the score for this thread is officially!@#$! 0 Offended SYG membrs 2

Old 09.13.2016, 04:26 PM   #19530
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

so far you picked a fight with severian who seems to have thought he was your friend and now proceeded to waste two hours trolling the shit out of me.

Old 09.13.2016, 04:29 PM   #19531
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
haha you are quite the character !@#$!

it is what it is brohamster
HA HA-- YES

anyway, this thing just made me want to watch wicker man again

those creepy songs....
Old 09.13.2016, 04:33 PM   #19532
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

see, i knew you'd brought severian into this discussion. severian and i patched it up quickly away from your meddling.

what you just did would be like me bringing up eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone you've annoyed here-- those people are legion

but i didn't do that because that would have been PLAYING GAMES and skirting the issue

i'm now only bringing it up as comparison. but just the other day someone asked in a thread how annoying you were-- they deleted it later ha ha hah aaaa.

but yeah. mind games and bullcrap. it never ends. i thought you just had but OF COURSE you never quit.
Old 09.13.2016, 04:53 PM   #19533
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
i got literally ALL day for your fuckery so when you're interested in quitting feel free. or you know, you could just stop needlessly being a prick
usually i stop arguing with you after 2 or 3 posts but i thought today i'd play

HEY YOU DELETED IT

fine

good night
Old 09.13.2016, 05:16 PM   #19534
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

yeah that was an olive branch of sorts.

anyway you should note i grew up with Surenos so i always got plenty of time for silly ass shit and latino machismo fuckery

Old 09.13.2016, 05:27 PM   #19535
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
yeah that was an olive branch of sorts.

anyway you should note i grew up with Surenos so i always got plenty of time for silly ass shit and latino machismo fuckery

im not a gangster, but i grew up without participation medals, so i'll keep asking that people back their claims with substance like the honest pseudointellectual asshole i am

anyway, i gotta go get some exercise for the day but here some good newspaper readin' for them art snobs

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...n-hardy-horror

beefs aside i don't know when you last saw this but maybe worth a second look with fresh eyes
Old 09.13.2016, 05:34 PM   #19536
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

haha dude i told you two hours ago i am in no way trying to convince you to agree with my opinion. i was simply sharing it! it wasn't an argument. it didn't require sourcing.

i also told you i "get it" about the Wicker Man. i know its critical acclaim, i just personally don't like the flick for the reasons i stated. its not a quantifiable opinion, its a matter purely of personal and individual tastes.

Old 09.13.2016, 06:48 PM   #19537
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
scary and and disturbing as fuck in spite of the poverty of means is what you missed by paying too much attention to the poverty of means itself.

Ok. I don't want to get involved at all in this argument and I'm not choosing sides in any way — been working for 12 hours, no time to read the whole exchange — but I have to say this little nugget right here is extremely important, as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, Wicker Man prime is cheap, yeah it's corny in parts, yeah the acting is not great. But it does curl my nails. I haven't seen it in years, but it really fucked with me when I did see it. I'm genuinely not sure if it's considered a b-classic or just a b-movie in the states, but in the UK it's a cult flick, with good reason. There was some deeply unsettling shit in that film that left a lasting mark on me. That's the difference between it and other b-horror flicks.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2016, 06:59 PM   #19538
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Severian there never was an argument of any kind! i was never and am not trying to convince anyone that Wicker Man sucks or that they should think it sucks. i was simply sharing MY PERSONAL OPINION that as a matter of taste the I think it sucked.

and i actually just watched it a few months ago btw so my opinion is relatively fresh

Old 09.14.2016, 09:18 AM   #19539
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Ok. I don't want to get involved at all in this argument and I'm not choosing sides in any way — been working for 12 hours, no time to read the whole exchange — but I have to say this little nugget right here is extremely important, as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, Wicker Man prime is cheap, yeah it's corny in parts, yeah the acting is not great. But it does curl my nails. I haven't seen it in years, but it really fucked with me when I did see it. I'm genuinely not sure if it's considered a b-classic or just a b-movie in the states, but in the UK it's a cult flick, with good reason. There was some deeply unsettling shit in that film that left a lasting mark on me. That's the difference between it and other b-horror flicks.

It's one of my all time faves. I never really think of it as a B Movie though. It's a bit like Jacobs Ladder, or Duel, or Eraserhead: one of those films that just seems to come out of nowhere, that you don't know where to put or what to compare it with. Absolutely disturbed me the first time I saw it. I still watch it regularly and the last scene still fucks me up.

Forget about the Nic Cage remake, has anyone seen the recent sequel, The Wicker Tree? Now that's awful!

Edit: and Mark Kermode's a cunt
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2016, 09:39 AM   #19540
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's one of my all time faves. I never really think of it as a B Movie though. It's a bit like Jacobs Ladder, or Duel, or Eraserhead: one of those films that just seems to come out of nowhere, that you don't know where to put or what to compare it with. Absolutely disturbed me the first time I saw it. I still watch it regularly and the last scene still fucks me up.

Forget about the Nic Cage remake, has anyone seen the recent sequel, The Wicker Tree? Now that's awful!

Edit: and Mark Kermode's a cunt
ha ha kermode-- this is the first time ive heard him speak but i've read him here and there. you seem to agree with his evaluation here though-- fucked up by the last scene. also he says something similar to what you said about another movie here that you're glad that it exists... i forget the exact words but if i have the chance i'll post it

the b label is traditionally to do with budget and double features so wicker man fits squarely in the definition and that era--a side to "don't look now." while some people equate b movie with "bad" (or trashy or exploitative) i think some of the best movies ever are b. they often take bigger risks and pull no punches and put on the screen a wider range of fears and desires than safe studio shit.

eraserhead for me is arthouse and not b, but duel is definitely b and rollercoaster-great. pink flamingos is.. what the fuck is pink flamingos? it's art by acclamation but it definitely went for mass appeal and i think of it as a great b movie. softcore 70s porn is also all low budgets and kind of historic shit--like empire of the senses. pretty much all science fiction until, probably... 3rd encounters maybe? was b movies. well, no, i forgot 2001. roger corman and troma-- all b's. night of the living dead! all blaxploitation and classic kung-fu movies. most of or the best cronenberg. the terminator may have been too expensive to qualify as a b movie but it definitely came out of that magma--the producer was a corman disciple. invasion of the body snatchers! [i'm still adding to this paragraph as i think o f more stuff]

btw, i cant find piranha ANYWHERE. will keep looking.
877927967974975976 977 97897998098710271077 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth