Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth recording new songs?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.06.2007, 10:29 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://64.106.166.228/index.php?id=36

From John Agnello's site:

My week off!
June 5th, 2007I've got a week off!!!!!!
Hey guys,

It's been a hectic few months so I am going to enjoy this 5-7 days off. I might be working with the Youth this weekend, but I'm not sure. We'll be playing it by ear. But what I will be doing is playing with Bella, hanging with Sharon, hanging with Sara and Christa and doing a ton of errands.

Here's what the rest of the month looks like.

The Whipsaws, from Alaska
Possibly, the Youth
A couple tunes with Son Volt and some one off stuff with Jay Farrar.

Until them, I'm gonna enjoy this week.

Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 10:44 AM   #2
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Or could he just be referring to Thurston's album?
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 11:01 AM   #3
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
maybe he means this youth:

Old 06.06.2007, 11:11 AM   #4
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Or could he just be referring to Thurston's album?

like Youth singular?
Old 06.06.2007, 12:26 PM   #5
Moshe
Super Moderator

Maybe we will soon get lucky with the echocam?
Old 06.06.2007, 12:30 PM   #6
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
that would be nice.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 01:19 PM   #7
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
when is thurston's new album coming out?

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 01:32 PM   #8
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
lovesonicevol I love your signature, 'I left home for experience carved Suk for honesty on my chest' is for me the greatest lyric ever.
Old 06.07.2007, 01:37 PM   #9
Androol
the destroyed room

Androol kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
maybe he means this youth:

LMFAO!!

this is the greatest board
Androol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2007, 02:25 PM   #10
Spiritual Amnesia
children of satan

Spiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Youth performed Daydream Nation this past weekend at Barcelona’s Primavera festival, playing one of the 80’s most cherished No Wave albums in sequence from start to finish, for the first time in 18 years. Actually, the band had never played the whole album, which holds the distinction of being listed on the Library of Congress' National Recording Registry, and is part of a developing trend of sequential LP performances that recently has seen The Stooges taking the stage to do Fun House, Slint reprising Spiderland and Melvins playing Houdini.
I happened to be in town, so I headed over to the Parc del Forum, right on the Mediterranean next to some of the city’s best beaches, to check out the first show before they take it on the road for 16 dates, with several performances at European music festivals before bringing it to the U.S. at the Pichfork Festival in Chicago (July 13) then onto Berkeley, L.A. and New York.
Thurston Moore, who along with bandmate Lee Renaldo were named the 33rd and 34th best guitar players off all time by Rolling Stone, joked “we never did this when we were in our teens and have only found the confidence now that we’re in our 30s.” Good one, considering that they are now all at least late 40s, but hardly a joke at all when they opened with “Teenage Riot,” thunderously ripping through all 14 tracks, soaring through renditions of “Candle,” “Eric’s Trip” and “Total Trash,” before ending with “Eliminator Jr.”
It’s clear that Sonic Youth mean business when the roadies roll out racks with some 50 guitars, all unconventionally tuned, many of them specially outfitted with third bridges for that special SY chiming, clanging noise. Moore and Renaldo swapped out axes nearly every song, the droning chaos they unleashed perfectly harmonizing with Kim Gordon’s haunting voice, not to mention Moore’s hipster surf drawl, for a vintage time-warp set of dissonant brilliance.
After blazing through Daydream Nation, the band came back onstage to a wildly appreciative audience for encores from their latest disc, last summer’s excellent Rather Ripped, closing it out with songs like “Incinerate,” “Reena” and “Pink Steam.”
Daydream Nation will be re-released June 12 in a deluxe edition that includes live versions of each of the songs and various extras, with a four-disc vinyl edition coming out later in this month.

SY go back into the studio after the tour this fall to begin recording their 16th album.
After 25 years, it’s nice to see one of America’s finest bands reaching for a new peak.

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2007..._sti.html#more
Spiritual Amnesia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2007, 02:46 PM   #11
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
Maybe we will soon get lucky with the echocam?

i doubt that... its been down for sooooooooo long ...
we need to start a petition to start it again

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2007, 05:41 PM   #12
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
pass the dutchie on the...
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth