Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Are you prejudiced/racist*?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Poll
Yes 5 17.86%
No 17 60.71%
Mixed feelings 5 17.86%
Other 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06.24.2008, 06:06 AM   #1
sarramkrop

Poll. Try to give a honest account of yourself, rather than hiding behind unfunny stabs at irony, if you can. K?

* prejudiced and racist are not necessarily the same thing.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 06:13 AM   #2
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i'm not a racist, but i fuck a lot
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 06:19 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
No.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 06:19 AM   #4
Johnny "Magic Fingers"
children of satan

Johnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's asses
If this is strictly about race, then no. Growing up where I did, and working at where I'm working now - I've met a large variety of people from all continents (except Antarctica) and I've got no problems.

Fundementalism shits me - but that's not something limited solely to race.

If we're talking prejudice in broader terms, then yes - I really hate dumb people and I can be unreasonable about it. This can lead to self-loathing if I feel that I've done or said something 'dumb'.
Johnny "Magic Fingers" is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 06:20 AM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I wrote more but it'd probably offend somebody and I don't feel like arguing today.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 06:37 AM   #6
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
A lot of people say that they're not, but they are.
I think what most people mean is that they try not to judge people by the stereotypes that they have been taught or have observed around them.
Different people are...different. Depending on their culture and environment, people will act certain ways. An Italian will approach a situation much differently than a Japanese or an American because we were all raised differently.
Do I dismiss someone because of their race or culture? No. Do I hate based on it? No. Do I understand that I have to approach a business meeting differently when I'm dealing with a Japanese person compared to an American person, hell yeah!

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 07:21 AM   #7
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I'm not racist, and I even never use the word "race" except to speak about animals. I don't care about the way people look, but I can't say the same about the way they behave. I'm not that tolerant with people who do proselytism, who 're from sectarian movements...

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 07:26 AM   #8
Johnny "Magic Fingers"
children of satan

Johnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I wrote more but it'd probably offend somebody and I don't feel like arguing today.

I saw what you wrote, buddy.... (but I'm not being judgemental)

My job has me working in Public Housing in a variety of High-rise apartments around town and let's face it - most of the people who have to live in these places aren't part of the jet set. And certain ethnic groups tend to stick around the same area of high-rises.

Over at one place, over 90% percent of the tenants are Vietnamese. If you ever wanted a sure-fire place to score heroin, it would be there. But you're not going to get it from the sweet-old asian couple that live on the fifth floor, or that lovely family with the three little kids (one of which loves to run up to me in the hall-way and punch me in the nuts). No - you're going to get it from that dodgy apartment which always seems to have 'visitors' coming over at all hours of the day, where that young asian guy lives with his drug-fucked girlfriend.

My point is, you have to fight the stereotypes - even when evidence seems to prove your prejudices. I have to admit - most of the places around Melbourne where you might want to score heroin, have a high Asian population. But those areas are poor as well and so, opportunities in education, employment and healthcare are minor. There are so many mitigating factors that to focus on race alone is a cop out.

Of course having said all this - I'm still going to contradict myself and say that if you keep seeing the same type of person doing the same type of thing, it's human nature to conclude that the two go hand in hand. But you have to use your (informed) mind as well as your instinct...

And good night. I'm back at the flats (these ones are full of Russian widows, I believe) in the morning. It's time for bed....
Johnny "Magic Fingers" is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 07:26 AM   #9
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
No.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 07:30 AM   #10
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not racist at all but I still am prejudiced about certain groups of people, especially those I've had bad experiences dealing with, i.e. british white young males and everybody who lives in Toxteth.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 08:22 AM   #11
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I like black people more than white ones, so I'm going to go ahead and say yes, you fucking crackers.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 09:11 AM   #12
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Poll. Try to give a honest account of yourself, rather than hiding behind unfunny stabs at irony, if you can. K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I like black people more than white ones, so I'm going to go ahead and say yes, you fucking crackers.
You lose.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 09:18 AM   #13
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
i grew up in one of the racist towns in Australia so i hear
and a lot of the people i know are racist towards Aboriginals

thinking back to when i was growing up there i never really used any racist words against Aboriginals

I did get scared and would want to walk on the other side of the road when approaching a group of them but that was because when ever i was picked on or harassed it was by Aboriginals
Old 06.24.2008, 09:29 AM   #14
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I wouldn't consider myself racist but have been described as such by people. I have a big problem with Islam and this seems to equate in a lot of people's eyes with my disliking people from muslim countries. Which isn't the case.

Am I racist? No.
Am I an Islamophobe? Possibly.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 09:51 AM   #15
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
You lose.

why? because I like black people more than whites?

fucking racist.

PS: I'm srsly being srs.
Old 06.24.2008, 09:53 AM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Let's kill Whitie.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 09:55 AM   #17
sarramkrop

Perhaps irony and sarcasm are more effective when they are called out for. Who knows?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 09:59 AM   #18
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

speaking of killing Whitie, I was just shown some "New Mexico" magazine.

there is an add for the Nation Hispanic Cultural Center inside.

various sources of depicted pride include dancers, a mayan, a lowrider and Che. the best part is, Che's hat has a fucking NIKE swoosh on it (instead of the commie star).
Old 06.24.2008, 10:00 AM   #19
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Perhaps irony and sarcasm are more effective when they are called out for. Who knows?

I am being neither, thank you.

are you people so fucking racist that it's beyond belief that I like black people the most??

and now my story about Che's Nike swoosh is lost to page 1.

Old 06.24.2008, 10:03 AM   #20
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
speaking of killing Whitie, I was just shown some "New Mexico" magazine.

there is an add for the Nation Hispanic Cultural Center inside.

various sources of depicted pride include dancers, a mayan, a lowrider and Che. the best part is, Che's hat has a fucking NIKE swoosh on it (instead of the commie star).

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

typical!

there's a very funny breed of mexican here, by the way, who call themselves "Spanish". they have brown faces and look just like your average latin american mixbreed, but they claim to be pureblood descendents of the conquistadores, and even parade themselves in armor & shit like that-- some people truly have no shame. it's like the gipsy grandchildren of rudof hess coming out in nazi drag you know?

i like these guys better:

they remember history the way it really happened.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth