Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What a waste of 1 hour, 21 minutes, and 50 seconds
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.08.2006, 04:17 PM   #1
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I just watched Loose Change.

That kid's voice and inflection is so irritating.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 04:35 PM   #2
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
That happens to me once in a while.

I watched Magnolia (3 hour long movie) last Sunday and ... I didin't even finish it.
2 hours after I was like... WTF is this about ???
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 04:37 PM   #3
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
That's a very good thread title, but I've never heard of 'Loose Change'. I assume it's a film though. Have you seen 'The Mummy Returns' or 'Get Shorty'? They really are a waste of time, in my humble.

Weird, seeing my post in a signiature. Strange.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 09:39 PM   #4
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
That's a very good thread title, but I've never heard of 'Loose Change'. I assume it's a film though. Have you seen 'The Mummy Returns' or 'Get Shorty'? They really are a waste of time, in my humble.

Weird, seeing my post in a signiature. Strange.

Ummm, Loose Change is this "documentary" made my some lame-ass college kid. It is a conspiracy theory that the events of 9/11 were orchestrated by the Bush administration. This kid narrates the whole thing and has this dumb spooky techno/ trip hop music in the background to make his points more spine tingling or some shit. After he makes a point, he asks in this dumb-ass voice "Coincidence?" but he tries to do it in a cool documentarian voice, making himself just sound like a dumbass. Or he would say "Do you still think that X really happened like you saw on TV?"

There are also a lot of 2+2=5 moments where he takes some assumptions.
Old 08.09.2006, 02:53 AM   #5
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunberg

I watched Magnolia (3 hour long movie) last Sunday and ... I didin't even finish it.

Stacked with an ensemble cast (including nine alumnists from Boogie Nights, the director's last film), this drama follows six different interweaving stories set in the San Fernando Valley within the general themes of family relationships and bonds that have been broken and need to be mended in one day. Essentially, it's the story of a Father, the Young Wife, his Lost Son, the Caretaker, the Boy Genius, his Father, the Game Show Host, the Daughter, the Mother, the Ex-Boy Genius, and the Police Officer in Love.

Touching film with a clever script. I'd like to know what you consider a good movie?
Old 08.09.2006, 03:04 AM   #6
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I'd like to see Loose Change.
From what I've heard and read, it's pretty interesting and a good initiative by Dylan Avery. I'm sure american viewers are more critical about it for reasons we europeans will never understand.

This link is an interesting read.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loose_Change_(video)
Old 08.09.2006, 03:38 AM   #7
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

You can watch it for free on google video.

Now, I'm against Bush and everything Tokolosh, but this kid just seems like he's been hitting the crackpipe a little too hard and he's really discrediting everyone who has any anti-bush sentiment.

If the government really wanted to fake an attack to merit them going to war, they could do it without risking any american lives, without risking the US economy, and with a much lower risk of leaking the shit ton of classified information that would result.

And if 9/11 was planned as an excuse to invade Afghanistan, wouldn't they have used something similar for Iraq instead of lying about WMD?
Old 08.09.2006, 04:04 AM   #8
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

I'm not a sucker for conspiracy theories, but there are many strange unanswered questions about the 9/11 incident. Bombs going off on the ground floor of the WTC minutes before the first tower collapsed (there's video footage of a cloud of smoke and a couple of load bangs from across the Hudson river to prove it), important artwork and paperwork being moved days before the attacks, etc.

Bush doesn't give a shit about his fellow countrymen and their safety. Going to war in Iraq is in itself putting american lives at risk.
Death toll 911 = 2752
Death toll Iraq = over 2500 and counting
Old 08.09.2006, 04:59 AM   #9
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
If I ever hear the phrase 9/11 again, I will puncture my own eardrums.

Do I support Bush's international policies post-9/11? No. However, I don't think a less confrontational approach would have, at the time, satisfied the majority of constituents. We are a reactionary nation; we want blood for blood, and, more often, blood for nothing.

One thing to keep in mind is that Bush's stance was in response to the mindset of his electing body. How can we technically blame Bush for simply giving the public what it wanted?

We're AMERICANS, goddammit! Ain't no towel-heads gonna trespass on our land! Git! *Nicely punctuated by a stream of tobacco juice between gapped front teeth*

Conspiracy theory my ass. Liberals trying to look clever. Michael Moore deserves to be shot. Just like, insofar as it's possible in the realm of humanity, the U.S. very much 'deserved' 9/11. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

I don't like Bush, but I dislike radical, self-important leftists even more.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 05:26 AM   #10
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
I don't like Bush, but I dislike radical, self-important leftists even more.

Anything radical and self-important is never good, but I'll take any sort of lefty before I give my vote to the Republican Party (US).
I'd be interested to know where you stand when it comes to voting. Nice hair colour by the way.
Old 08.09.2006, 08:47 AM   #11
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not entirely against the Reps. In the last election, I voted Libertarian. Relatively loose constructionists, but still uphold the idea of personal accountability, something the policies in this country completely discard. What would you have voted?

Oh and thanks, but really, it looks awful. Trust me.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 09:01 AM   #12
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i've been wondering recently when the term 9/11 will become obsolete, i mean in 30 years if you went and talked to kids or whatever about 9/11 it would probably be meaningless to them, they're going to have to make up a new name for it.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 09:38 AM   #13
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

I'm not american but I would probably vote demo.
All those green parties are good for the environment but not realistic.

You're so modest about the way you look trunc.
Old 08.09.2006, 10:01 AM   #14
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Stacked with an ensemble cast (including nine alumnists from Boogie Nights, the director's last film), this drama follows six different interweaving stories set in the San Fernando Valley within the general themes of family relationships and bonds that have been broken and need to be mended in one day. Essentially, it's the story of a Father, the Young Wife, his Lost Son, the Caretaker, the Boy Genius, his Father, the Game Show Host, the Daughter, the Mother, the Ex-Boy Genius, and the Police Officer in Love.

Touching film with a clever script. I'd like to know what you consider a good movie?

In fact I didn't totally dismiss the movie. I started watching it kinda seriously and then one hour later, I started getting bored and began writing a long letter. so I wasn't really paying much attention to the movie (hence my confusion on the plot), but I got a say I CANNOT stand W.H.Macy's face (don't ask my why, it's in my genes), that alone ruined the movie a bit.
Old 08.09.2006, 10:15 AM   #15
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Well, that's a matter of taste and I can understand that.
I personally think he was great in Pleasantville, Boogie Nights and fargo.
Old 08.09.2006, 12:11 PM   #16
lunberg
bad moon rising

I dig Fargo. Steve Buscemi rules.
Old 08.09.2006, 09:00 PM   #17
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Bush doesn't give a shit about his fellow countrymen and their safety. Going to war in Iraq is in itself putting american lives at risk.
Death toll 911 = 2752
Death toll Iraq = over 2500 and counting

Not to mention civilian casualties.

I think there is a huge difference in the mindset between someone that will send troops off to die in an unjust war and plan a faked terrorist attack on US soil. Even if Bush was evil enough to plan something out, don't you think someone would have said "hey, there are going to be a crapload of people who know too much, I think we can stage something a bit more clever with less people in the know to make a possible leak.

Anyways- about the democrats. The biggest thing the democrats have going for them is that they are not republicans. The democrats are heavily divided, and many of them are pretty clueless about how to actually bring peace to the middle east, revive the economy, solve the energy crisis, and in general dig us out of the shithole that the Republicans have got us into. That, and a lot of democrats are stupid. I've been to a democrat rally where Kerry spoke, and a lot of these people are the same sort of mindless sheep that a lot of liberals complain about.

The dumbasses in the democratic party nominated Kerry, someone more uncharismatic and more uninspiring than Al Gore. Kerry tried to catch the swing so much that he just looked like a wishy washy piece of crap without any ideas. For a politician of the common man's party, having 5 houses, botox, and voting for an unjust war really isn't going to make you look very good. Oh, he said he believed the CIA reports that Iraq had WMD. Well we know Korea has WMD, why didn't he advocate going to war with them?

We need a man that can really speak to the people and to the house and senate, like Theodore Roosevelt. A man who breaths flames and is a catalyst for change. Not a luke-warm wishy washy politician whose ploy is to "get the current administration out. anything but." The anything but Bush strategy didn't fricking work. The democrats need to put out a politician who people want to vote FOR, not rely on GWB's dumbassery to get people to vote against him.

"A great attempt is glorious even in failure"- the fortune cookie from the dinner I just ate.
Old 08.10.2006, 03:03 AM   #18
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

I'm not to mad about Kerry either. After all, he's masonic.
Old 08.15.2006, 03:25 PM   #19
harris
little trouble girl

harris ain't too shabbyharris ain't too shabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunberg

woah dude magnolia is one of the best films ever made
im sure alot of people here can back me up
pt anderson is a genius
you gotta finish it man
i beg of you
Old 08.15.2006, 03:41 PM   #20
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm not to mad about Kerry either. After all, he's masonic.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think every US president has been a mason of some sort.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth