Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Let's post pics of the prophet Mohammed!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.23.2015, 08:15 PM   #61
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Uhhh... well, look, I just went to the office's whiteboard and drew these sumbitches. Maybe they don't look much like the stereotypes, but what do imaginary friends look like, anyway?

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2015, 08:20 PM   #62
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
i will say one thing, if it comes down to the west versus islam, then fuck islam. you cannot be a sane human and disagree with that. you cannot look at the civilizational achievement of the west then compare it with islam and say we're about equal.

we're goddamn not. it is so beyond pointless to call this "racism". its just how things are.

if we play the nuke game and think "what country in what time period can we just wipe out and it be of no loss to humanity?" - its not japan is it.

if it was fundie xtians who were inbreeding, cutting off peoples heads, stoning, imposing draconian codes, laws, punishments and finance you can fucking BET i want them to have zero power.

i am still ironically xtian enough to want the actual people caught in this system to be freed from it. i would be happy with this happening by whatever means. i am waffling here but my point is that the standards of islam at its worst are not something i want anyone to even have the choice to live under. im a liberal fascist of some sorts then maybe.

islam would bring us a global dark age if it could. but lets be fair, most humans want, deep in their souls, a dark age. and most western humans just want to be sneering hedonistic pigs. and what we want most of all is everything we dont like, like murder and death, to be censored from reality by our media itself. magic in other words. still, some pigs are better than others.

if you truly grasp why equality is a part of liberal ethics and why it has to be in our laws and customs - which the majority of western people obviously don't, then there DOES NOT come some moment where you have to decide that the worst of islam is merely a figment of our racist imagination and pending instant upgrade once we represent muslims the right way in our media.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2015, 02:00 PM   #63
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery

this is why so much left or lib anti racism is to me becoming increasingly ethically abhorrent, because it is basically about adopting the right perspective.

The right and left have been exposed as being the same side of the coin before. They are allowed to dominate discussion about politics as opposites arguing a point that doesn't exist in reality. You really need to get some decent books to read and stop vomiting redundant opinions to make you feel smarter than you really are.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2015, 07:01 PM   #64
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
The right and left have been exposed as being the same side of the coin before. They are allowed to dominate discussion about politics as opposites arguing a point that doesn't exist in reality. You really need to get some decent books to read and stop vomiting redundant opinions to make you feel smarter than you really are.

i don't think that the problem with his argument is whether the critique of "wingness" is original (why should originality matter in this context?) but rather whether "islam" is a monoblock or not. this is not the time of the crusades after all, is it?

still, a culture defined by religion or religiosity presents a serious danger to secularism. while the west is nominally "christian", the state is now secular everywhere you go. in a way, "christian nations" are no longer such, and in spite of the protestations of fringe elements, this is a good thing for freedom and for peace-- seriously. george bush is a born again who talked to chirac about "gog and magog" as an excuse to invade then-secular iraq. i think in his cokehead brain he seriously thought he was doing "god's work" (and he even claimed "god is on our side" once i think).

now you could point to secular muslim nations like turkey, but even they are having problems keeping the islamists out of government (they have an islamist in power currently, no? though just not such a monster--yet). who else? indonesia? the state regulates religion, and pancasila youth > sonic youth. but seriously, indonesia holds out as secular so far. other countries? anyone here knows? one could look in wikipedia i guess.

a pity that islamic civilization, which was a beacon of enlightenment in the middle ages, has been enduring its own dark ages as of late-- from iran to sudan, primitivism has been steadily taken over. just look at what happened to poor iran-- a fucking disgrace, that's what. pakistan islamicized in the 70s as well.

as for immigrants coming from such countries-- as an immigrant myself, i'm with the mayor of rotterdam. reasonably integrate (reasonably, not absolutely) or gtfo.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2015, 07:36 PM   #65
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
i dont accept that it just goes - fundie islam ---- > moderate islam

it also goes - moderate islam ---- > fundie islam

you can be a moderate peace loving muslim and still marry your first cousin and have your daughters genitals mutilated.

convincing parents with rational argumentation is not going to end things like this. it will only end by domino effect once it becomes understood that its not something other families are doing anymore. fucking liberals that CANT SAY that its MUSLIMS that do this. that cant say that it was MUSLIMS doing what they did in rotterdam - these are just COWARDS who dont give a shit about the actual harm being done because their careers are more important.

and these cowards are the inverted form of racists. on the other end of the racist axis. were the other does not offend you, you overcompensate against that, but with the same ideal fantasy of ERASING the other that all true racists operate under.

a freak like me is just advocating we all ACTUALLY accept the other AS THEY ARE which means you have to be an adult. you dont jump to conclusions based on group think, you dont pretend they are all our clones ruined by representation, you actually think about them, this entails accepting that you are an other to someone else and maybe doesnt make you feel so omnipotent.

-

does it fucking surprise me that young people from the uk and usa are going jihad? AFTER WHAT HAPPENED TO IRAQ? jesus fucking christ!

but lets not let our guilt conscience blind us to the fact that islam is by and large a load of horseshit thats indicative of some very evil behaviours.

lets not settle for islam as the culture we want for any humans. it is its own oppression. nothing enlightened about pretending its not what it is.

i see muslims almost everyday. i go to their shops. i sit and eat alone in their restaurants if i feel like it. i dont react to the stares when im shopping in their stores for cheap food.

i want all these people free from their religion because i want to be free from the shitty protestant fundamentalism that surrounded me my whole life. that fucked up my life before it even started, that sabotages the economy and culture i existed in. that bullied and harrassed and witchhunted and threatened and DEPRESSED THE EVERY LOVING SHIT out of anyone just trying to avoid becoming its next victim. i had to settle for such fucking misery when i could have been reading darwin.

integrate or gtfo - yeah - this is basically it - unless its nazi germany or something. you have to integrate on some level, it simply HAS to happen in some way. within a generation or two the accent is gone and noone can tell the difference unless your skin colour contrasts too much.

with islam, i want to contaminate it on the symbolic level and destroy it with all that good decadent liberal stuff. that stuff that was and still is so fucking painful for vain narcissistic humans to deal with - like naturalism and nihilism and the failure of magical thinking to produce magical results.

islam just sucks. at least have the decency to admit that. to refuse to be satisified with it because it makes you a good white person.

tribes in the jungle that have no human contact, life also sucks for them, the face starvation and extinction at a level most of us dont. my regular order at mcdonalds would taste real fucking good to them. theyd love that shit and ask for more. dont be a fucking ultracunt and deny things like that.

im prepared to say islam sucks and its not something i accept for other people. i dont think this crosses some boundary. i think a lot of muslims must feel like this, but since nearly 50% of them think you should be killed for leaving the religion, they're not going to be very loud about it.

and muslims cant do it themselves, we need to help them. and the ones that wont? i know what western civ has done to them since the dark ages ended, many bad things, but you know, the world is not good vs bad. its more like good/bad vs. bad/good with no guarantees.

all people deserve better than the narrowed horizons of fundamentalism.
Old 01.25.2015, 07:32 PM   #66
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

Old 01.26.2015, 09:04 PM   #67
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
it might be very important to make very careful distinctions like glice is suggesting, but to me this is just an adapation of the racism of bad faith.

Don't you dare fucking misrepresent me. You of all people purport to understand representation in language and you or all people will misrepresent at all points. You're horrendous, and you are -at best- representing the worst of neo-liberal bullshit. Always, forever, Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2015, 09:08 PM   #68
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Wait, whoah! I know some of you are going to respond but remember: I THINK YOU'RE ALL REALLY STUPID AND I'M READING NOTHING OF WHAT YOU WRITE.

Unless drone is here. Is he? Probably not. Sigh.

NB - if I have confederates, please quote this post hitherto, henceforth, for eternity. Merci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2015, 01:45 AM   #69
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2015, 07:34 AM   #70
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Don't you dare fucking misrepresent me. You of all people purport to understand representation in language and you or all people will misrepresent at all points. You're horrendous, and you are -at best- representing the worst of neo-liberal bullshit. Always, forever, Amen.

so i've crossed some line and now im all problematic and horrendous, yet noone is explaining why? if i said this stuff about xtians - no problem. if i say it about muslims the little RACISM alarm goes off in everyones amgdyla and they can't think straight anymore because they have so much emotionally invested.

do people need a massive warning sign attached to my posts that reads: THE FOLLOWING CRITIQUE OF MUSLIMS IS NOT MEANT TO APPLY TO ALL MUSLIMS!

because its universalism or death right? no other option.

as long as we maintain our anti racist attitude, islam will slowly become progressive. oh wait - it won't and it isn't. shit. cognitive dissonance time.

gets real ugly at this point because the implicit core of peoples anti racism is a nice relaxing erasure of the other whom we don't have to accept as they are (different) but just relentlessly attack any racist representations of, thus making them basically disadvantaged versions of us by default.

ive made this point 3 or 4 times now.

if i listed a load of facts about say white americans from the east coast and found loads of patterns and common features, is that racist? obviously not because these people are us.

if we criticize islam does that automatically mean that racist idiots are going to go out and attack them in public? no it doesnt. if we just dont criticize islam, are its extremist elements going to stop attacking us? hell no.

in the end i'm against even moderate islam. this does not mean i do not
desire peaceful co-existence with them, it means im opposed to their doctrines and ideology and culture. it means i see these things as potentially separable from the people that compose islam.

go listen to moderate muslims and you will hear the same message time and time again, condemning the violence but only because it threatens prosperous muslims who want to spread their religion in democracies by other means.

but of course it's just TOO DIFFICULT for us to accept that our beautiful souls are not the default setting for humanity and that other people with actual differences can exist. too hard for us to deal with.

if we all adhere to glices' fanatical religious progressivism then we can't even use our own stupid culture to make the slightest attempt to ridicule the shitty aspects of islam. cant do it cos racist. you can do it to xtianity but not muslims. i bet they are so happy that we're collaborating with their most fundamentalist elements to make sure ridiculous bullshit like halal stays around forever! yeah! lets not chip away at their superstitious patriarchal abuse structure at all, lets RESPECT IT cos of DIVERSITY. female genital mutiliation for all.
Old 01.27.2015, 08:56 AM   #71
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

glice has been neg repping and pm'ing me.

dont really have anymore to say on this since ive already written loads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbol talking to glice
you're not a mind reader---i thought about what you're saying. you're not discussing anything though, you're just trying to cower/shame people into your line of thinking. which is, your know, maybe an accepted method in your cause, but you're not convincing anyone here i think. "i hate you all, you all think wrong" = a terrible argument.

you're not offering any real ideas, just your expressions of disgust and an abundance of tears. you have no interest in discussion but rather in proclaiming your moral superiority/another's moral inferiority. highly unproductive. stupid, really. an appeal to (self-appointed) authority.

that's basically it.

glice has told me i could be "destroyed" if i talked to more intelligent people than syg but he hasn't explained who or where these people are and why i would be so keen to be "destroyed" by them. nor has he delivered any kind of response other than to say he only skimmed one of my posts and has declared it and thus by extension me - wait for it - racist.

well i know better than to question the judgement of my white superiors when it comes to who is and isn't racist. i shall apologize, lose my job and go silent in penance, although i understand that once this mark has been placed i am forever ontologically inferior and should be excised from society all together. i shall abandon all rights to speak on this (or any?) subject.

glice does not have to explain why the post is racist, he just has to say that it is and thus by virtue of his whiteness, it is so. this might be hard to understand but if you want an analogy, think of the way a racist person just "doesn't like" foreigners".
Old 01.27.2015, 10:49 AM   #72
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I THINK YOU'RE ALL REALLY STUPID AND I'M READING NOTHING OF WHAT YOU WRITE.

but who gives a shit? nobody, that's who.

Quote:
NB - if I have confederates, please quote this post hitherto, henceforth, for eternity. Merci.

Quote:
glice has told me i could be "destroyed" if i talked to more intelligent people than syg but he hasn't explained who or where these people are and why i would be so keen to be "destroyed" by them. nor has he delivered any kind of response other than to say he only skimmed one of my posts and has declared it and thus by extension me - wait for it - racist.

that probably happened to him at the indoctrination camp. it's the trauma speaking. don't worry about it for yourself.

appeals to authority/classic religious bullshit.
Old 01.27.2015, 10:55 AM   #73
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

i am kinda worried dude because glice just pm'ed me offering me free train tickets to a complete relocation somewhere in the countryside. apparently this is gonna be the 'final solution' to the problem of racists in our society, (a group of sub humans glice just informed me today i am one of). it's such a tempting offer since you can't get employment and are hated in this society for being a racist. you can have your career or anything taken away from you just for making the slightest joke which gives away your racism (which you might not even realize you have in you until the right kind of person, like glice, tells you).

i mean, i didnt even know i was being racist until glice said so. who knows WHAT is racist and what isnt anymore? only the right kind of white person i guess.

oh well, at least if this camping trip turns out to be some sort of a scam i'll be away from the city and avoid any islamic terrorist attacks!

i guess there wouldn't have been any unless racists like me had apparently said that ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS and so brought it upon ourselves with our racism. so i guess that shit is my fault too. i cant do anything right! i wonder if i can get a group of racists together and we can found our own nation? anyone know if there's any spare land available, like in the middle east or somewhere?
Old 01.27.2015, 11:11 AM   #74
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
i i cant do anything right!

that's exactly how they try to work you so you submit to them

alright, have fun today
Old 01.27.2015, 09:58 PM   #75
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
OK, I don't wanna make light of a horrible event...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLips
i am not joking. i talked to the Virginia Tech shooter in 2003 on Courtney Love's hole.com message board.

...but come on, this is freakin' HILARIOUS. Or hughlaurieous, as the House fan in me prefers. I wonder if the NSA monitors THAT message board...

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2015, 08:11 AM   #76
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

plips do you want to share more about this lost piece of internet history?

i too remember the hole board (kittyradio?)

it is indeed fucking hilarious that chang was PRETTY ON THE INSIDE, BABY UGLY, UGLY FROM THE BACK!!!!!!!!!
Old 01.28.2015, 08:14 AM   #77
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

He Was The Girl You Know Cant Look You In The Eye
Until He Cracked And Came To School With A Tech Nine

(also to be serious plips, you know that you have absolutely no responsibility and nothing to feel guilty about right?)
Old 01.28.2015, 11:28 AM   #78
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
pssst. if you still know what the site's address was you might be able to find it back through the wayback machine

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2015, 04:31 PM   #79
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

plips you arent responsible for anything.

no need to be so freaked out
Old 01.30.2015, 04:44 PM   #80
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
and muslims cant do it themselves, we need to help them. and the ones that wont? i know what western civ has done to them since the dark ages ended, many bad things, but you know, the world is not good vs bad. its more like good/bad vs. bad/good with no guarantees.

all people deserve better than the narrowed horizons of fundamentalism.

http://wapo.st/1EuAnNv

--

@ plips - awesome drawing!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth