Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.23.2011, 03:11 PM   #1141
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
i think its clear for everyone to see who called who a black cunt
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2011, 06:47 AM   #1142
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
This is a time when a player like El Hadj Diouf can tell opponents on the pitch he's gonna rape their kids and simply get earmarked as 'a bit of a bad boy'. So in a way, KIS is right: Terry is likely to be a victim of the FA's arguably disproportionate paranoia about racism, but Terry isn't stupid; he knows that he works in that environment and has even been pro-active in promoting it. Personally I don't think Terry is any more racist than most other footballers but his job, especially as England captain, makes him a figurehead for the English game and all that it's meant to stand for - which currently includes a having a zero tolerance on any racist action. Terry has never hesitated in supporting the 'Kick it Out' campaign in the past so has to be prepared to suffer the consequences when his actions work against it.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.01.2012, 05:15 PM   #1143
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
SUNDERLAND!

that was the best last minute goal ive seen since Andres Iniesta for Barca against Chelsea in 2009. I was out of my seat.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2012, 04:07 PM   #1144
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
"bitch about shit that's pissing you off"

http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/showpos...postcount=1528

How stupid are you feeling? With 316 yards and an average of 31 yards a pass, and Denver-franchise post-season passer rating record of 126.4 in a team with quite a storied QB history, I'd say Tebow finally proved himself enough eh?

As if the five fourth quarter come-from-behind wins, three overtime wins weren't enough he went and set NFL record setting OT playoff win in 11 seconds

Denver's secret, the NFL's best rush combined with superhuman stamina, those guys are simply incredible athletes, their strategy is to win by attrition, just keep hanging and hanging until the other team runs out of gas, and it works. All those rushing drive and rushing drive beat up the opposing defense, and further since Tebow himself can either scramble and run for 20 yards himself or scramble and get off a decent pass, the opposing defense has to literally watch EVERY single option including the QB, something perhaps only matched by the scrambling of Tony Romo (when he is playing as "good Romo" that is)..

Denver didn't win my magic or miracles, it was by their unique talent.

Broncos came through where the equally and surprisingly talented Lions couldn't, Lions mistake, not capitalizing on their turnover possessions and some clutch choking on defense. Watch out for them next season yo, they will be like the OKC Thunder in the NBA, coming from the bottom to the top in a few seasons

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2012, 05:39 PM   #1145
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Could have done with a 2nd to be honest but not too bad
Old 01.24.2012, 06:21 PM   #1146
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

Fucking bollocks. So thats clyne, zaha, and scanell off to the prem then.
Old 01.26.2012, 10:32 AM   #1147
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
As has been talked about before. Any team struggling to make their way outside of the top Prem ones (and really only Man City and Chelsea) find it impossible to sustain a team because the moment they land a decent player or even manager, the big names just offer them silly contracts. Until a contract means what it says, it'll just carry on. They should make it so that no player can play for another club for the duration of their contract so long as the team they're signed for fulfills its side of that contract. What's the point in a team like Leeds or West Ham offering long term contracts to a potential star player when the moment a rich club notices them, they simply move on?
Old 01.26.2012, 01:40 PM   #1148
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

Only benefit of getting them on a longterm contract is the selling club can up the price
Old 01.29.2012, 01:05 PM   #1149
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah. I just wish some rule could be made that stopped the richest clubs using any teams below them as simple feeder clubs.

Anyway, big rumours that Mourinho will leave Real Madrid and return to the Prem next season. But where to? Man City? Chelsea????
Old 01.29.2012, 01:44 PM   #1150
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yeah. I just wish some rule could be made that stopped the richest clubs using any teams below them as simple feeder clubs.

Anyway, big rumours that Mourinho will leave Real Madrid and return to the Prem next season. But where to? Man City? Chelsea????

I have a funny feeling he will come to Spurs; Harry leaves to be England boss and Jose comes in his place. I dont want that to happen unless he's learned a few lessons from the Madrid experience (i.e. let your players play and dont force them to be rigid and defensive as a first resort).

Old 01.29.2012, 02:59 PM   #1151
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
I have a funny feeling he will come to Spurs; Harry leaves to be England boss and Jose comes in his place. I dont want that to happen unless he's learned a few lessons from the Madrid experience (i.e. let your players play and dont force them to be rigid and defensive as a first resort).

Hmm, hadn't thought of that option. I just wonder if they could afford the probably massive transfer budget he'd demand and, as you say, the style of football would definitely change. I'm not a Spurs fan but have to admit they've played the most attractive football I've seen so far this season. But ultimately, I just don't think they have enough money. Man City could obviously afford him and Mancini's future may depend on winning the Prem. Chelsea would be ideal, considering AVB's less than brilliant season so far, but would Mourinho and Abramovich ever bury the hatchet? Man Utd is an even more obvious contender and Mourinho's perhaps the only manager out there with the arrogance to take over from Fergie, but it looks like he's staying put for the next few seasons. The only other one is Liverpool but I'm not sure that even they have enough money or are able to see through the whole King Kenny thing enough to want to replace him.
Old 01.29.2012, 03:10 PM   #1152
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Hmm, hadn't thought of that option. I just wonder if they could afford the probably massive transfer budget he'd demand and, as you say, the style of football would definitely change. I'm not a Spurs fan but have to admit they've played the most attractive football I've seen so far this season. But ultimately, I just don't think they have enough money. Man City could obviously afford him and Mancini's future may depend on winning the Prem. Chelsea would be ideal, considering AVB's less than brilliant season so far, but would Mourinho and Abramovich ever bury the hatchet? Man Utd is an even more obvious contender and Mourinho's perhaps the only manager out there with the arrogance to take over from Fergie, but it looks like he's staying put for the next few seasons. The only other one is Liverpool but I'm not sure that even they have enough money or are able to see through the whole King Kenny thing enough to want to replace him.

Well the FA would doubtless have to buy him out of his contract which would cost a fair amount (something the FA seems happy to do no matter what the cost), plus the board would use the arrival of Mourinho as something to convince Bale Modric and RVDV of their ambition. Why would our best players leave if a) We're in the champions league next season which we should be and b) we have a big name manager coming in. Not losing Bale and Modric over the summer is more important than signing any new players and getting Jose Mourinho in might be what swings it for them both to stay.

Old 01.29.2012, 03:48 PM   #1153
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Although he's now at PSG, I can't see Ancelotti being there more than a season and he'd be a great replacement for Redknapp, assuming he leaves. Also, David Moyes, who I rate really highly and who surely can't stay at Everton that much longer.
Old 01.29.2012, 03:54 PM   #1154
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

Ii'd read it would be city unless they win the prem this year but spurs are a good shout. arsenal should be loooking for a new manager in my opinion
Old 01.29.2012, 05:27 PM   #1155
demonrail666
invito al cielo

City definitely looks the most likely. But the more I think about it, the more possible a Mourinho move to Spurs starts to sound. He wants to return to the prem. Man U has Ferguson until he resigns or dies and it's unlikely the board would choose him anyway, same with Arsenal's board if Wenger goes. He supposedly dislikes Liverpool as a club and hell never return to Chelsea. So if City carry on with Mancini, that only realistically leaves Spurs. But I still don't think they're wealthy enough for him. I think he will return to the prem, but only when he knows the Man City job is his.
Old 01.30.2012, 06:12 AM   #1156
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

a lot of criticism over De Gea at the moment but i think you have to look at the utd defense too. The 2 goals at the weekend were pretty shocking. No Defender even attempted to jump to get a head on the corner for Agger's and Kuyt had so much space it's unbelievable!
For so long they've relied on Ferdinand and Vidic, now they're playing Smalling (who is a very good prospect but does not have enough experience for me) and Johnny Evans who is shocking whever he plays
De Gea isn't exactly filling anyone with confidence but i think the whole utd defense needs to pick it up
Old 01.30.2012, 01:05 PM   #1157
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Totally agree. At this stage De Gea has to be seen as a massive lapse of judgement on Fergie's part but you're right, the defence in front of him is shocking. Smalling and Jones look like they'll get there soon enough but I don't rate Evra that highly and, as you say, Evans is simply dreadful. Ferdinand is clearly coming to the end of his career but Vidic's injury has been a massive loss. Although, with the amount of red cards referees have been showing for the barest hint of a tackle, you have to wonder if he would've stayed on the pitch long enough to make a difference.
Old 01.31.2012, 08:22 AM   #1158
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

transfer deadline day!

pretty lacklustre so far though...
Old 01.31.2012, 01:06 PM   #1159
demonrail666
invito al cielo

The only real intrigue seems to be whether Tevez will still be a Man City player come tomorrow
Old 01.31.2012, 01:42 PM   #1160
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Cissé at QPR thanks to Mark Hughes who's always done quite well.
That looks good.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
48555657 58 59606168108158558 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth