Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Last Album You Bought?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.28.2008, 02:31 PM   #3201
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Wow. Wow. Wow.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2008, 02:41 PM   #3202
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I know. I walked in and I was just like "Oh my god it's a decent sized record shop ENTIRELY FILLED WITH OBSCURE FREE JAZZ!". The pile of things I desperately wanted to get but couldn't due to needing the money to get back to the UK was another 300 euros probably. They had just huge piles of pretty much every avant-garde jazz artist I love and a decent bit of noise stuff too. Insanity. Listening to the Lane/Vandermark now and it's totally off the charts on the funk/tearing-it-up-ometer.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2008, 02:53 PM   #3203
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I still need to grab the new Vandermark 5 album. Heard it yet?
Old 08.28.2008, 07:05 PM   #3204
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I'm actually not all that familiar with Vandermark's stuff. The only 5 album I have is Airports For Light, which I love. I really should get more...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
Old 08.28.2008, 07:30 PM   #3205
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2008, 07:55 PM   #3206
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
The Smiths - debut & The Queen is Dead

on LP
Old 08.28.2008, 07:59 PM   #3207
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
saccharine trust-past lives

if you havnt noticed, ive been listening to them a lot, like everyday all day. ive slept on them for so long, people telling me they had only one good record and the rest of thier stuff was pretentious wank. i believed him. but then i got two oif thier cds for like 5 bucks a couple months ago. i got obsessed with this band, theyre like everything i love about underground rock. punk aesthetic, aggressiveness, dissonance, progressive leanings, good to smoke weed too. in my opinion they are the most creative sst band, and in maybe the top 3 or 4 best bands on that label. anways, these guys rule and have quicly become one of my favorite bands. and theyre one of the only 80s hardcore-ish bands that are awesome for smoking weed (save for the meat puppets and the minutemen of course).

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2008, 04:15 AM   #3208
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
I just ordered stuff i had dled and really liked:
- hella - hold your horse...
- SYR8
- Foals - antidotes
and...
this has been missing in my collection for a looooonnngggg time:
POLVO - EXPLODED DRAWING

that's my bday self-gift.
Old 08.29.2008, 05:23 AM   #3209
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
While in Lisbon I made the wallet destroying mistake of "popping in" to the Trem Azul jazz record store, which turned out to be the greatest jazz store I've ever seen, and took about 4 hours of trip. Like seriously, crazy good.

I bought, all on CD:

Noah Howard - The Black Ark

I have the original LP of this - an amazing record.
Old 08.29.2008, 06:03 AM   #3210
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
Justice For All
Old 08.29.2008, 06:12 AM   #3211
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
I have the original LP of this

*shakes fist*

I haven't got around to listening to it yet, but what I heard in the store sounded completey brilliant.
Old 08.29.2008, 07:11 AM   #3212
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Old 08.29.2008, 07:19 AM   #3213
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions

Ah, I remember when I had time for ironical music purchases.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2008, 07:21 AM   #3214
noisereductions
invito al cielo

What's ironic about those purchases?
Old 08.29.2008, 07:31 AM   #3215
punkaspoo
children of satan

punkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's asses

I have recently got into this classic indie-band. Not as good as Terror Twilight but sounds great.

Finnish instrumentalrock'nrollgroovebluesandfunk -band.
http://www.myspace.com/themutants I urge you to check them out!

punkaspoo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2008, 07:33 AM   #3216
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkaspoo

Not as good as Terror Twilight but sounds great.

Holy crap, you're going to get some comments!
Old 08.29.2008, 07:46 AM   #3217
punkaspoo
children of satan

punkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's asses
Yea, I was aware of it. Terror Twilight just fits more me than Crooked Rain.
Now that I'm already getting flamed, I have to admit that Bad Moon Rising is probably my least favorite SY album

punkaspoo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2008, 07:53 AM   #3218
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkaspoo
Yea, I was aware of it. Terror Twilight just fits more me than Crooked Rain.
Now that I'm already getting flamed, I have to admit that Bad Moon Rising is probably my least favorite SY album

If I don't like Terror twilight at all (I'm not a Pavement fan though so...) Bad moon rising is not a SY fave of mine either.
Old 08.29.2008, 07:54 AM   #3219
noisereductions
invito al cielo

It's fine, man. Though I think CROOKED RAIN is better, I personally see nothing wrong with TERROR TWILIGHT and have said that in the past.
Old 08.29.2008, 07:57 AM   #3220
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I was a huge fan of Pavement in their heyday. I don't seem to pull out their albums as often anymore, though, maybe because I played them so much back then. But S&E and Crooked Rain are just about perfect 90s indie rock, in my opinion.
111151158159160 161 162163164171211261 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth